Drills and Chills - October 2023 Exercise Thread

Good morning, and congrats to Elizabeth Smith and CarolineBowmanFan37!!!! :figment: :cheer2: :figment:

The team is up to 6,299 minutes!!! And we'll reach purple in only 121 minutes!!!

The next movie is Phantom of the Megaplex, released November 10, 2000:
1697279904788.png
"Adapted rather loosely on the classic Phantom of the Opera, the Disney Channel Original Movie, The Phantom of the Megaplex takes viewers behind the scenes of a theater where mysterious goings-on are occurring. Pete Riley is the 17-year old assistant manager of the Grand Megaplex who’s busily preparing for the premiere of “Midnight Mayhem.” Rumor has it that the millionaire owner of the theater is planning to attend the much-anticipated screening, and the employees are working frantically to make certain that everything is ready. Pete’s agenda is complicated by his having to “babysit” his younger brother and sister, and just as that situation appears resolved, every other imaginable snafu occurs..."

Tvtropes.org calls Mickey Rooney's lines here "one of the most heartwarming love letters to the movie business" ~

Had a lovely quick weekend away, and got a bit of walking in too. These are estimates, as it was actually stop-and-go walking for longer periods, but I used a similar formula to what I use at Disney:

Sat-10/14 - 60
Sun-10/15 - 30
Mon-10/16 - 45

I'm up to 345/500
We've been doing a great job adding minutes! - ShannyMcB has reached orange and Sophy1996 and I have reached purple, along with the TEAM!! - Halfway to goal, team!!!
:tigger: :cheer2: :figment: :cheer2: :figment: :cheer2: :figment:

The next movie on the list is Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire, released October 13, 2000:

1697489919293.png

Disney Adulting says: "A few years ahead of its’ time, the Disney Channel Original Movie, Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire deals with the (now) mega-popular subject of vampires and their interaction with the living. The three children of a single mother each have their motivations for getting their mother out of the house, but when the youngest, Taylor, who happens to be engrossed in all things “vampire”-related, meets his mom’s blind date, he is convinced that the handsome stranger is actually a vampire. His efforts, both to convince his older siblings of his suspicions, as well as desperately trying to nip the date in the bud, make for an entertaining hour-and-a-half of classic Disney fare."

I've never seen this one, but it is available on Disney+ if anybody wants to give us a review!

I looked back at my ranking of Disney Channel Original Movies
I love that you have a ranking of Disney Channel Original Movies! - How many have you seen?

Today's is:
Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge, released October 10, 2001
1697571181686.png
Screen legend Debbie Reynolds portrays the grandmother of a teenage witch in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge. The film is the first sequel in a series of four films adapted from the original Disney production of Halloweentown. The granddaughter, Marnie (Kimberly J. Brown), has unknowingly allowed her grandmother’s book of magical spells to fall into the hands of Kal (Daniel Kountz), who turns out to be the warlock son of Kalabar, a fearsome demon. When Aggie, the grandmother, begins noticing unusual magical activity, she becomes suspicious and, with Marnie in tow, depart for Halloweentown to investigate and try to rectify the situation. Upon arrival, they discover that the town has been transformed (via black magic) into a nightmarish version of all things “Halloween.”

Here's an interesting take - full of spoilers, jump-aheads to future movies, and, weirdly, Harry Potter references: :laughing:

PS - I received a PM from @WDWEPCOT that she is posting a birthday thread for slo tomorrow (Slo is the wonderful DISer who post the polls every weekday that we all enjoy!) and I promised to spread the word so it would get a lot of traffic.

Please look for it in the "Congratulations & Birthday Wishes" section at the top of the community board tomorrow!
:jumping2: :tigger: :jumping2: :mickeyjum :jumping2:

Hey guys! Life has gone a little crazy here, and I hate to let the team down. Could you remove me from the stats so I don't pull the average low? Thanks! :)

Hey guys! Life has gone a little crazy here, and I hate to let the team down. Could you remove me from the stats so I don't pull the average low? Thanks! :)
Of course I'll remove you so you don't feel under pressure, but please know we're thinking about you and hoping things improve!! :grouphug: Stop back just to enjoy the movie fun if you need a little break from everything!

A 50 minute yoga class this morning brings me (PollyannaMom) to 395/500 and pink :Pinkbounc and the team is over 7,000 minutes now!! :cheer2:

Today's movie is called The Poof Point,:

1697672258007.png 1697672554254.png <---- It's based on a book!

and was released September 11, 2001 (which may explain why I've never heard of it.) I'm not quite sure what makes it a "Halloween" movie, but here's the description:

Two scientists invent the anti-aging machine. On one of their test runs, a part of the machine falls out, causing it to not be able to turn on. The dog messes with the controls as they go inside the machine to fix it. The dog turns it on causing the scientists to anti-age instead of the test subjects. Nothing happens at first and they leave the room. As the day progresses, their children Eddie (Tahj Mowry) and Marie (Raquel Lee) notice that their parent’s minds seem to become less-advanced and more childlike and their clothes change to things younger people would wear such as pigtails, overalls, striped shirts, etc. They realize it is the effects of the anti-aging machine and now they have to get their parents back into the machine and reverse the effects so they don’t go out of existence, but there is a problem. Their parents keep making messes, running off, and doing everything they can to cause trouble and not go into the machine to age...

It appears to be available on Disney+ and Apple TV, and would you believe it has it's own Instagram Account?

I love that you have a ranking of Disney Channel Original Movies! - How many have you seen?
I think I have seen them all except for Underwraps 2 and The Slumber Party. So if I'm counting correctly, I have seen 114? I watched all of them over the Summer of 2020 and compiled a ranking. (It was during the pandemic and I was unemployed). In case you're wondering, The Poof Point is ranked at #113, so I wouldn't recommend it.

+35 minutes tonight.
320/500

I think I have seen them all except for Underwraps 2 and The Slumber Party. So if I'm counting correctly, I have seen 114? I watched all of them over the Summer of 2020 and compiled a ranking. (It was during the pandemic and I was unemployed). In case you're wondering, The Poof Point is ranked at #113, so I wouldn't recommend it.

+35 minutes tonight.
320/500

Wow, that’s an impressive tally. And a bottom-basement ranking for The Poof Point!

30 minutes for me this morning (425/500) and the team stands at 7,103 minutes and 57% :goodvibes

Today's movie is:
The Scream Team, starring Eric Idle, Tommy Davidson, and Kathy Najimy, and released October 11, 2002 ~
1697832389250.png
"Restless ghosts with unfinished Earthly business are sentenced to a small New Hampshire town until they can deem themselves worthy to enter heaven. The Carlyle children discover a slew of good-intended, yet misguided ghosts who just need a little direction."

I haven't seen this one, and the trailers on YouTube are fairly grainy, but there's a slightly longer synopsis (with spoilers!) ~ here

This one is available on Disney+ and IMDb gives it 6.3/10, Rotten Tomatoes 55%, and Common Sense Media 3/5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter