Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I usually would let it go, cuz I understand the way kids can be and that ( sometimes ) loud neighbors can be expected when u stay at a hotel. But after the 2nd night of the same kids doing the same thing ( seriously, where is the adult supervision? ), I had enough.

many of thesee tour groups don't really have "chaperones" they have "tour guides" who are barely adults themselves. and are paid big bucks by the parents to make sure these teens have a good time. it's not like the adult chaperones for sports groups, band groups, etc. these tour guides don't care at all abouta nyone but their "charges".... sigh.

I am so happy for you that you got the royal room with no extra charge! how cool for your daughter!!!

I am curious about this is well...are there cases of water available at POR and, if so, what is the going rate? TIA

I have no idea of the price, but cases of water certainly used to be available at the gift shops. I wouldn't expect them to be supermarket-cheap though! This pic was from FQ a few years ago:

POFQ-Main-2011-3351_forum.jpg

Andre

Have stayed at POR a few times but always in the mansion section, booked a preferred room for 10 days in Sept. What are some opinions on the Alligator Bayou section, any info would be appreciated. 54 days to go. Thanks

We love the Alligator Bayou section. The landscaping is so beautiful and it always seems so peaceful. We will be there in just a few days and have requested it. Can't wait!!:woohoo:

I am sure this has been asked... I have five adults going to POR next month. Is the alligator murphy bed big enough for an adult? (Curled up, knees to chest?) Or should I plan on bringing a twin sized air mattress, and if so, is there room for it?

I have looked at the dimensions and know that the length is 5'3" x 2'6" but sometimes that can be deceiving. Thanks!

Garden Grocer already has the address, you just select the resort from a drop down menu.
I am looking forward to my first visit at POR. We usually drive to Disney World, but this time we are flying. My question is about ordering waters, breakfast items, etc. If I use a service like Garden Grocery or Amazon Prime Pantry, do I simply send it to the POR address with attention to my name? If anyone has experience with this, I would love some advice!

I don't think an adult would be comfortable on the murphy bed. My 9 year old who is almost 5 feet tall was just about right. There would be room for a twin sized air mattress between the door and closest bed.

I am sure this has been asked... I have five adults going to POR next month. Is the alligator murphy bed big enough for an adult? (Curled up, knees to chest?) Or should I plan on bringing a twin sized air mattress, and if so, is there room for it?

I have looked at the dimensions and know that the length is 5'3" x 2'6" but sometimes that can be deceiving. Thanks!

We are getting ready to book our June 2016 trip, and I have a quick question (I apologize if I missed the answer somewhere in the thread)...

My father will be going with my wife, daughter (15) and I this trip, so we need the pull-out beds in the AB section. I understand that the preferred rooms are guaranteed to have the extra bed, but what is the likelihood of us getting a room in the AB section if we just choose something like garden view and then put in the special request for AB? The price difference is $200+ for the course of our stay, so I'd like to save that money if possible, but also don't want to get stuck without that extra bed and then have to sleep on the floor...or worse yet....with my dad....

We are getting ready to book our June 2016 trip, and I have a quick question (I apologize if I missed the answer somewhere in the thread)...

My father will be going with my wife, daughter (15) and I this trip, so we need the pull-out beds in the AB section. I understand that the preferred rooms are guaranteed to have the extra bed, but what is the likelihood of us getting a room in the AB section if we just choose something like garden view and then put in the special request for AB? The price difference is $200+ for the course of our stay, so I'd like to save that money if possible, but also don't want to get stuck without that extra bed and then have to sleep on the floor...or worse yet....with my dad....

are you aware that the extra fold down beds are smaller than a regular twin mattress? Your daughter may fit if she isn't very big, but generally they are too small for anyone but younger kids.
That being said, you can always request AB; however, like anything, there are no guarantees unless you pay more for a preferred location, so you may want to consider bringing an air mattress, or maybe getting comfortable with the idea of bunking with your father, just in case! ;)

Have stayed at POR a few times but always in the mansion section, booked a preferred room for 10 days in Sept. What are some opinions on the Alligator Bayou section, any info would be appreciated. 54 days to go. Thanks

We LOVED Alligator Bayou, so much so that we wanted to pretty much gaurentee it by booking a preferred room for our trip at the end of August. Super cute theming that appeals to both DS and DD, plus they can have their owns beds which works out well when you have a squirmer. We typically bring a closet sweater hanger, so the under the Murphy bed drawers work for us ok. We like the little shelf next to the fridge too for storing snacks. Originally I really wanted to stay in th mansions for our 2013 trip and thought I would be disappointed or thought AB would be too rustic, but they really are not, the theming is just cite and cozy with lush backwoods surroundings and windy pathes.

are you aware that the extra fold down beds are smaller than a regular twin mattress? Your daughter may fit if she isn't very big, but generally they are too small for anyone but younger kids.

It's an individual choice. The official description has been changed to "child sized fold down bed" as they were getting parties of five adults complaining that the fifth bed wasn't big enough for a tall adult, although booking for five adults is still possible.

It all depends on the adult really, and how they prefer to sleep. The beds are 63" x 30" so anyone up to about 5' 3" should be fine, and even a bit taller if you don't tend to sleep fully stretched out - certainly my daughter at 5' 2.5" was very comfortable using one for a two-week stay, and I (5' 8") tested it out and could have slept on it if necessary. But don't expect a 6' 6" basketball player to be very comfortable!

Andre

That being said, you can always request AB; however, like anything, there are no guarantees unless you pay more for a preferred location, so you may want to consider bringing an air mattress, or maybe getting comfortable with the idea of bunking with your father, just in case! ;)

Yes, we stayed there a few years back and she was comfortable in the pull down bed...and she's not much taller now than she was back then. She tends to sleep in a clump anyways, so it works out. You raise a good point about the air mattress as a back up plan though.

So I guess it just comes down to whether or not I want to take the risk and save the money, although the preferred rooms have other benefits as well it seems, most notably location. So they may be worth it anyways. I'll run some numbers and figure it out. Thanks!

Andy

It's an individual choice. The official description has been changed to "child sized fold down bed" as they were getting parties of five adults complaining that the fifth bed wasn't big enough for a tall adult, although booking for five adults is still possible.

It all depends on the adult really, and how they prefer to sleep. The beds are 63" x 30" so anyone up to about 5' 3" should be fine, and even a bit taller if you don't tend to sleep fully stretched out - certainly my daughter at 5' 2.5" was very comfortable using one for a two-week stay, and I (5' 8") tested it out and could have slept on it if necessary. But don't expect a 6' 6" basketball player to be very comfortable!

Andre

Thank you for this. It looks like the shortest may get the short end of the stick.

Staying at POR in 14 days, first timer. I have party of 5 booked preferred room already. Has anyone tried the sandwich trick here for an upgrade?

I'm not sure that I've ever heard of it. What's a sandwich trick?
Sorry, that's Vegas talk for giving a tip at check in in between your ID an credit card for a room upgrade, but it looks like with 5 people i have too many for an upgraded room anyway.

Sorry, that's Vegas talk for giving a tip at check in in between your ID an credit card for a room upgrade, but it looks like with 5 people i have too many for an upgraded room anyway.
Lol oh!! I doubt that works at WDW! But you already have an upgraded room, preferred. So not sure there is an upgrade from that. You can request a River View, I think that may be part of preferred room category? Someone can correct me it that's wrong. I've never booked preferred as we don't have 5, & I prefer the mansion section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter