Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

It's my first time staying at BLT after many stays at GF, Poly, and BWI. I like the resort so far, the location is perfect with a toddler!

But, I have a question for those of you who have frequented this resort-- is it always so noisy at night? Its the first night of our stay and after getting up at 3:30am having it sound like Wishes and the Electrical Parade are right in our room (even with my daughters white noise machine running) is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that most of our evenings we'll be out and about later, so hopefully it won't affect us. We've never experienced this at GF or Poly.

You are far closer to the fireworks at BLT than anywhere else. I have always found my first night to be the hardest . . . new bed, new noises, excitement from the anticipation, and just exhaustion - I'm sure once you get in a rhythm it will get better. Have yet to stay at CR myself, but you are making me glad I have a GW room. I have trouble everywhere with fireworks noise - Wishes at WL and SW at Dolphin in particular. The high buildings seem to me to catch the noise more readily.

We have stayed there many times, and it is the loudest hotel that we have stayed at on property. The monorail causes noise and vibration if you are on that side of the tower. Also - I think more modern hotels are built with more soundproofing. The open concourse also adds to it. The garden wing is quiet.

However - I have friends who have stayed at some of the lower priced Disney resorts - the All Stars/Pop ones. They have had horrible experiences with cheerleading competition and the high school band large groups staying there.

On the floors between the lobby and the 4th floor are the convention spaces. There are sofas and lots of quiet spaces there. We use that for times when the "everyone living in alone room for a week and always being around thousands of people when not in the room" starts to get to you. Also - with older kids (18+) that's a good private place to talk on their phones.

It's my first time staying at BLT after many stays at GF, Poly, and BWI. I like the resort so far, the location is perfect with a toddler!

But, I have a question for those of you who have frequented this resort-- is it always so noisy at night? Its the first night of our stay and after getting up at 3:30am having it sound like Wishes and the Electrical Parade are right in our room (even with my daughters white noise machine running) is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that most of our evenings we'll be out and about later, so hopefully it won't affect us. We've never experienced this at GF or Poly.

Which side of BLT were you staying ? We stay in north tower in an even number room on a high floor and sometimes early in the morning I can hear delivery trucks but after the fireworks and electrical parade after 10:30 p.m. It has been quiet for us. We have not noticed that much noise.

We have always had a fireworks view at blt and my kids have never woken up. We do use sound machines for them and turn them up high. I personally stay up for the fireworks every night but my husband often falls asleep before them. Never had issues with any other noise. We just got back to our 4th stay there.

During our one stay at BLT, we were inside the C, towards the middle. The Water Parade at night was like it was right outside the window. And the fireworks echoed off the building into our room. Very noisy at night. Then during the day, you have all the noise from the pool with the games and music.

Has anyone ever taken a cab from CR to the airport? how long does it take and how much would it cost? DH will be by himself and only have carry on.

Has anyone ever taken a cab from CR to the airport? how long does it take and how much would it cost? DH will be by himself and only have carry on.
Depending on traffic, it will take 20 to 25 minutes. The fare would be around $50 plus tip

What kind of coffee is provided in the room? And what kind of machine is it if I want to bring my own?

What kind of coffee is available for refillable mugs?

What locations will refill my mug besides Contempo Cafe?

Is the giant Mickey Wreath coming back this year? I know there has been a lot of work on the end of the A-frames for a few years now. I'm ready for the ultimate wreath to return!!

What kind of coffee is provided in the room? And what kind of machine is it if I want to bring my own?

What kind of coffee is available for refillable mugs?

What locations will refill my mug besides Contempo Cafe?
Coffee, both in-room and at Contempo Cafe, is from a Florida coffee company called Joffrey's. I'm definitely a coffee person and I find it excellent. It's also the same brand served at all restaurants in WDW, as well as several coffee stands in the parks. A lot of signature restaurants have their own special blend that Joffrey's makes specifically for that restaurant, which is really cool (especially when served in a French Press). Taste-wise, the blend you'll find in-room and in the refillable mug locations is a solid medium roast. If you use the Disney refillable mug, you can refill it at any RapidFill location, which is usually the QS restaurant at each resort. Hope this helps.

Coffee, both in-room and at Contempo Cafe, is from a Florida coffee company called Joffrey's. I'm definitely a coffee person and I find it excellent. It's also the same brand served at all restaurants in WDW, as well as several coffee stands in the parks. A lot of signature restaurants have their own special blend that Joffrey's makes specifically for that restaurant, which is really cool (especially when served in a French Press). Taste-wise, the blend you'll find in-room and in the refillable mug locations is a solid medium roast. If you use the Disney refillable mug, you can refill it at any RapidFill location, which is usually the QS restaurant at each resort. Hope this helps.

Very helpful. Thank you!

I wonder if they they will refill them for you at the Sand Bar.

We leave for WDW tomorrow! :cool1:

Spending the first half of our trip at POR, then the last three at CR-TPV!! This is our first split stay. Not ideal, but we had to change our trip from October (Hurricane!) to Thanksgiving and had to play around a bit with dates and rooms since we were booking so last minute! So excited for our first CR stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter