Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

T-minus 15 days!!!!!!

I'm getting excited about my first adult stay at CR. Can anyone post pictures or describe their favorite nooks, crannies and details in and around the resort? We've not explored here a whole lot.

T-minus 15 days!!!!!!

I'm getting excited about my first adult stay at CR. Can anyone post pictures or describe their favorite nooks, crannies and details in and around the resort? We've not explored here a whole lot.
On the floor where you check into the California Grill, if there aren't many conventions going on you cn find power outlets, good wifi, and comfortable chairs. It's a good place outside of your room to nap.

How did I never know this thread was here? Must be because I rarely stray to the resorts board and this one must not be on the front page when I head over! LOL

We are once again returning to one of our favorite resorts next year! We are December 5 of 2017- 15th Atrium Level before we board the DCL :)

Welcome back to CR and welcome to the thread:). I'll add your dates to our Log-o-Rail.

Sorry to bug you guys with this. I looked at the room # map that is at the beginning of this thread but it was very blurry for me. Does anyone have a link or one I can download? I would love to have this handy when the room is assigned, I did online check in. Thank you, it is appreciated!

You're not bugging us, I'm just really late with a reply. That room number map I posted is no longer given out to guests, but here is the current map they link to when you get your "room ready" text and THIS is the link. Hopefully, this is easier to read.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 1.55.33 PM.png

Question about garden wing... I think we are staying in the south wing??? A friend of mine made the ressies.. girls at work trip- woohoo!
Anyway, is there a floor or side or view that any of you prefer? And why?
Thanks for any input, none of us has stayed here before.

Welcome! There is only one Garden Wing. The North Wing was razed to build BLT. What category did you book? No matter which category though, none of the GW rooms have a balcony, but ground floor rooms have a patio. There are 3 floors and two view bookings: Standard and Garden View.

LOVED our stay on rented DVC points (from a disBoards member) at BLT! We stayed in a 2 bedroom TPV. We checked in at 7, went to MK and came back at 4pm. Unfortunately, our room wasn't ready. Kind of an inconvenience because we had a ressie at Chef Mickeys at 5:30. The lady at check in was so nice, without a complaint from us she apologized and explained it was a housekeeping issue and offered to comp our dinner. Our room was ready an hour later at 5.
Sure enough, we received a $395 credit for our CM dinner, including the $100 bday cake I ordered! We ended up on the 8th floor (was hoping for higher) but it was right in the middle for a perfect view of the MK and nightly fireworks. Loved our 7 nights there!

What a great way to make it up to you and you didn't even have to complain! That was an epic CM dinner. I hope you get to book another stay soon:)

T-minus 15 days!!!!!!

CR isn't really a "nooks and crannies" resort like WL, for example. The location near the CA Grill check-in is off the beaten path and has very cozy couches all over, but it's also located on the convention floor and sometimes it's a ghost town and other times its teeming with people.

There are seats between Contempo Cafe and the Outer Rim lounge where you can look out onto Bay Lake. Again, sometimes it's packed there and other times it's not too bad.

The Wave bar area is nice and dark and cozy and you can even order meals served at the restaurant there and kids are welcome.

Welcome! There is only one Garden Wing. The North Wing was razed to build BLT. What category did you book? No matter which category though, none of the GW rooms have a balcony, but ground floor rooms have a patio. There are 3 floors and two view bookings: Standard and Garden View.

We are in a garden view. I'm so excited to stay here!
I think I may skip a park day with the girls and explore the resort and do downtown Disney.
Any suggestions for room requests and things to see?

Also, when walking between CR and MK, has anyone ever run into any gators, especially at night?

Also, when walking between CR and MK, has anyone ever run into any gators, especially at night?
No, the walkway is not located near any water and is very near very busy roads. Just stay out of the Seven Seas Lagoon and other water areas ( excluding resort pools of course) after dusk and before dawn.

Note: You do have to watch out for other pedestrians along the walkway at night, they are often lost in thought....
Dave

Any suggestions for room requests and things to see?
I

No, the walkway is not located near any water and is very near very busy roads. Just stay out of the Seven Seas Lagoon and other water areas ( excluding resort pools of course) after dusk and before dawn.

Note: You do have to watch out for other pedestrians along the walkway at night, they are often lost in thought....
Dave
You also have to watch out for these guys...

img_3065.jpg

Hi everyone- here now and of course it's fantastic! The hotel is at capacity but still got the most wonderful helping of pixie dust at check in. We arrived Friday at 11:30am and I had a standard garden wing room booked. Since it was sold out I never was able to change it. I did online check in and said "I know you guys are booked solid and this is a real long shot but any chance you can tell me my room number now and if it's looking at a parking lot and if so, any chance I can pay for an upgrade to have a better view?." Laura at the desk looked it up and it was exactly that, parking lot view. She then called it in and came back and said "I have great news and a magical upgrade for you. Not only is it a better view but you are now in the Tower!" You guys it's a GORGEOUS view of the lake and the pool dead ahead. 6th floor and chef mickeys is under us but we have the fan on high and it isn't too noisy. AND it was a complimentary upgrade!

So even if your travel dates are sold out pixie dust can still happen!

**one bit of advice too is the elevators are CRAZY slow. Make sure to give yourself an extra 10 minutes for them. We've found ourselves scrambling to get somewhere because we cut it too close. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks for all your replies above!
Another question, are there any particular views that can be requested in the garden wing? We have garden view , so I know we will view a garden, but are any garden views more desirable than others?

Another question, are there any particular views that can be requested in the garden wing? We have garden view , so I know we will view a garden, but are any garden views more desirable than others?

I used the room finder feature on Touringplans.com. You have some choices with Garden View. There are 1st floor patio rooms or 2nd and 3rd floor with windows but no balcony. Standard view faces parking areas. Garden View faces Bay Lake or the canal between Bay Lake and 7 Seas, both with nicely manicured lawns. Or Garden View also includes north facing rooms which face the pool areas over landscaping.

I booked a bounceback for the Contemporary the week before Christmas 2017. The cheapest room available was the Garden Wing Deluxe. It looks like there are only three of these rooms? Has anyone stayed in one before? I am not completely sold on it but my husband wants to be as close as possible to MK. Would it be worth it to check periodically to see if more rooms opened up? We are on the free dining promotion that ended 10/31.

Please post my upcoming trip on the Log-O-Rail....POFQ 12/2 - 12/3 ... CR 12/4 - 12/9

Capture.JPG

Dave

And by "lost in thought" of course you mean, staring down at their phone?!

Hi everyone- here now and of course it's fantastic! The hotel is at capacity but still got the most wonderful helping of pixie dust at check in. We arrived Friday at 11:30am and I had a standard garden wing room booked. Since it was sold out I never was able to change it. I did online check in and said "I know you guys are booked solid and this is a real long shot but any chance you can tell me my room number now and if it's looking at a parking lot and if so, any chance I can pay for an upgrade to have a better view?." Laura at the desk looked it up and it was exactly that, parking lot view. She then called it in and came back and said "I have great news and a magical upgrade for you. Not only is it a better view but you are now in the Tower!" You guys it's a GORGEOUS view of the lake and the pool dead ahead. 6th floor and chef mickeys is under us but we have the fan on high and it isn't too noisy. AND it was a complimentary upgrade!

So even if your travel dates are sold out pixie dust can still happen!

**one bit of advice too is the elevators are CRAZY slow. Make sure to give yourself an extra 10 minutes for them. We've found ourselves scrambling to get somewhere because we cut it too close. Feel free to ask any questions!

What a great upgrade - how exciting! You're right to point out that the Tower elevator bank is oftentimes very crowded and you can wait a while for one at peak times like morning and evening. But, this is never an issue in the GW.

Oddly, some Garden View GW rooms don't really have a garden view. A Garden View can also be a direct view of Bay Lake or of the canal. There is a photo tour, with views, around the Garden Wing in POST 6 HERE.

I booked a bounceback for the Contemporary the week before Christmas 2017. The cheapest room available was the Garden Wing Deluxe. It looks like there are only three of these rooms? Has anyone stayed in one before? I am not completely sold on it but my husband wants to be as close as possible to MK. Would it be worth it to check periodically to see if more rooms opened up? We are on the free dining promotion that ended 10/31.

These rooms are really special and I would recommend booking it quickly. They are very hard to get and unique. They have a King bed and a queen sleeper in a separate living room area. They are quite large and have lovely views. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo and a separate shower stall.

Please post my upcoming trip on the Log-O-Rail....POFQ 12/2 - 12/3 ... CR 12/4 - 12/9

View attachment 205546

Got you logged! Congratulations on booking your CR split-stay.

Thanks for posting.

CA Grill is on the 15th floor and the Tower Club is on the 14th floor. The quiz claims the Tower has only 14 stories. CR doesn't mark a 13th floor and DPB considers the 15th floor as really the 14th it seems. Sort of a trick question?

CA Grill is on the 15th floor and the Tower Club is on the 14th floor. The quiz claims the Tower has only 14 stories. CR doesn't mark a 13th floor and DPB considers the 15th floor as really the 14th it seems. Sort of a trick question?

Yes, thought the same thing. This is the only question I did not give the correct answer. Technically, there is another "floor" on top of the California Grill where the mechanics are located that operate the elevators. Wouldn't that count?

It's my first time staying at BLT after many stays at GF, Poly, and BWI. I like the resort so far, the location is perfect with a toddler!

But, I have a question for those of you who have frequented this resort-- is it always so noisy at night? Its the first night of our stay and after getting up at 3:30am having it sound like Wishes and the Electrical Parade are right in our room (even with my daughters white noise machine running) is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that most of our evenings we'll be out and about later, so hopefully it won't affect us. We've never experienced this at GF or Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter