Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh NO! We are also at Jambo 1/19-23 in a savannah view studio and very much looking forward to staying there. I really don't want Kidani but we have ADRs at both Boma and Sanna on a four night trip so if it happens and its offered I guess we'd have to take it. Did they not have a one-bedroom at Jambo available for you?

We'll be at Kidani in a studio in two weeks!! We'll be there for 8 days. I am wondering about dresser/closet space. Do we need to bring a few extra hangers or are there some? Anyone happen know about how many there are? I'm starting to pack and wondering if I should throw a few extra in the bottom of our suitcases. Thanks!

Hi Everyone! I've been helping my sister research AKL DVC Villas and we've got a question we can't seem to find an answer for... so we've come to the experts!

Do you know when the last room refresh was? And which room and building would you recommend for two honeymooners?

Thanks!!

I haven't stayed at AKL since 2005. My DH's favorite place to relax was the sunset lounge off of the lobby. Is it still open to relax in? We are going June 23-30th and are looking to relax at the resort.

All this talk of being moved... is Kidani not as enjoyable as Jambo? We're there in May on rented points and are only familiar with Jambo (which we love).

Our dates are 5/5-5/9 in Kidani.

I have CL reserved for the Star Wars Dark Side half marathon in April. Should I switch resorts because of anticipated rehab of the lounge? It sounds like the February rehab is being pushed back to "later." Does anyone have any insight into what "later" really is?

I've seen a 'soft goods refurb' listed for Jambo House on a few different sites from Jan - May. Does anyone know if this is only the DVC units or all guest rooms? We have a regular room reservation (not DVC) for April and I'm curious if we might get a newly refurbed room.

It says Kidani will follow... Are room refurbs loud? Is it possible they'd move us to Jambo, if we're displaced? It's my ten year anniversary and mother's day, so I got to pick the resort. Ugh. We canceled a stay at WL this fall to avoid construction!

So just an FYI...We were booked in a Savannah view studio at Jambo 1/18-1/24. I received a missed call from DVC at lunch today regarding my stay. I call back to see what's going on, get a super nice young man. Received the bad news that my room has been taken out of inventory due to a refurb. He offered to move me to a 1-bedroom at Kidani. I wanted to see what else they would do for me.. So I asked if there was availability anywhere else as I was disappointed we wouldn't be able to stay at Jambo. He put me on hold and came back with 1-bedroom units at BCV and BLT. I asked for a moment to think and did some research and checked the DIS to find out the status of BCV rooms and refurbs (they look pretty old/un-updated and have a refurb scheduled for Jan). I ended up taking the lake view room at BLT. A 198 point room for my original 88 point trip, not bad I say! I wish I could say I was excited though, honestly I was so looking forward to getting back to Jambo house, and nearly all of my dining reservations are there as well! Ugh. We'll be there in May, but I'm going to miss it so much. I hope we enjoy BLT!

Nice job! Way to make lemonade out of lemons :D

I just rented 2 DVC studios in Jambo House for November 2016 (first trip with family to WDW). I too specifically booked Jambo because I want my family to experience that lobby each day :-) We've visited Kidani and really enjoyed Sanaa but it just seems so far out of the way (my perception :P). It's nice to hear they're refurbing the rooms, hoping all that's completed by the time we arrive (in 320+ days). I too am really looking forward to a lunch at Sanaa and dinner at Jiko........so I understand your disappointment. Given how close your visit is............probably to difficult to get a Chef Mickey and/or Cali Grill reservation.........but hey you're walking distance to the MK.......

Hope you do have a wonderful trip!

Doug :goofy:

I just got the "refurbish" letter. We're going in April staying in Jambo house. It's very vague. Does anyone know what's going on?

DH was VERY excited to stay at AKL and I will be bummed of things like the pool or restaurant will be closed.

Update: I called. I was told the Jambo Villas and Club level are being refurbished. I was told that it's all "soft goods". For now, we're staying put but I'm a little worried.
We're going for the SW races and I was hoping to take some midday naps (thanks to the early starts). If we're near a refurbish area, we'll probably hear it. I was told they will "address guest issues on an as needed basis".

I just got the "refurbish" letter. We're going in April staying in Jambo house. It's very vague. Does anyone know what's going on?

DH was VERY excited to stay at AKL and I will be bummed of things like the pool or restaurant will be closed.
Are you in a DVC room or regular room? I have a regular room reserved, but haven't received a letter, so just wondering if those will be sent to everyone.

I also got the letter yesterday, and I'm in a club level room (but not DVC), and I'm going mid-May.

We also got a letter yesterday regarding the refurb at AKL (we are staying CL April 29-May 6). I sent IPO an e-mail and got this as a reply:

"The refurbishment is what is called a "soft goods rehab" for rooms on the 5th and 6th floor. The Kilimanjaro Club Lounge will be relocated during this process temporarily however it will not be closed. This type of refurbishment is mostly cosmetic and necessary from time to time in order for us to maintain our high level of service.
In the past when we have had this level of refurbishment the Lounge was relocated to the Presidential Suite on the 5th floor. That is most likely going to be the case in this situation however this far out we are unable to know for certain just know that we will not be closing the Lounge just using a temporary space instead."

I looked up the Presidential Suite (which at one time was the most expensive room on property) and I have to say... wow. That is a heck of a room. I wonder what they do to make it more lounge-y. Plus, the Kilimanjaro Lounge misses not having a view of any savannah where as the PS has a really BIG balcony. It almost makes me hope that the PS is being used when we are there.

We also got a letter yesterday regarding the refurb at AKL (we are staying CL April 29-May 6). I sent IPO an e-mail and got this as a reply:

"The refurbishment is what is called a "soft goods rehab" for rooms on the 5th and 6th floor. The Kilimanjaro Club Lounge will be relocated during this process temporarily however it will not be closed. This type of refurbishment is mostly cosmetic and necessary from time to time in order for us to maintain our high level of service.
In the past when we have had this level of refurbishment the Lounge was relocated to the Presidential Suite on the 5th floor. That is most likely going to be the case in this situation however this far out we are unable to know for certain just know that we will not be closing the Lounge just using a temporary space instead."

I looked up the Presidential Suite (which at one time was the most expensive room on property) and I have to say... wow. That is a heck of a room. I wonder what they do to make it more lounge-y. Plus, the Kilimanjaro Lounge misses not having a view of any savannah where as the PS has a really BIG balcony. It almost makes me hope that the PS is being used when we are there.
Ugh......we got the letter too, and we are staying CL in April. :(

Normally I wouldn't make a huge deal of it except our trip in August 2014 was BC CL while the lounge was being refurbished. It wasn't pleasant. :(

Ugh......we got the letter too, and we are staying CL in April. :(

Normally I wouldn't make a huge deal of it except our trip in August 2014 was BC CL while the lounge was being refurbished. It wasn't pleasant. :(

Why wasn't it pleasant? From the look of the PS at AKL, it looks like if the lounge is relocated, it would be a bit of an upgrade. What did they do for a lounge at BC while it was being refurbished?

Why wasn't it pleasant? From the look of the PS at AKL, it looks like if the lounge is relocated, it would be a bit of an upgrade. What did they do for a lounge at BC while it was being refurbished?

At BC, the lounge was also relocated to the Presidential Suite. Not the whole suite...they just basically used the foyer and one other room (maybe the living room area?). It was small, and the CM's were clearly stressed because nothing was where it was supposed to be.

On top of that, we dealt with lots of construction noise. Our BC CL stay lead us or book non CL this year (we stayed at CR, no CL in April) but we really wanted to do it again in 2016. I really don't want to deal with it again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter