Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now at the lodge. It's beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Buses- we are headed to Epcot today and the bus didn't stop at Kidani first (or at all in fact). Hoping for dedicated buses this whole trip!

Buses- we are headed to Epcot today and the bus didn't stop at Kidani first (or at all in fact). Hoping for dedicated buses this whole trip!

We are heading there in 4 days...what is the weather like right now?

....hmmmm, that's rather unusual....enjoy that! :thumbsup2

....warm but not excessively humid...you are going to LOVE all the Christmas decorations in the Lobby!

I'm trying to pack for two weeks in FL, one at WDW and the second around Orlando. Seeing as we are from Canada I am having a TON of trouble packing.

I'm trying to pack for two weeks in FL, one at WDW and the second around Orlando. Seeing as we are from Canada I am having a TON of trouble packing.
I live here and for this time of year layers is key. It can be 80 one day and 50 the next. Now being from Canada that might not bother you as much, but here 50 is really cold. I would try to pick a lot of stuff that can mix and match. And if all else fails, you can always just buy something!

I live here and for this time of year layers is key. It can be 80 one day and 50 the next. Now being from Canada that might not bother you as much, but here 50 is really cold. I would try to pick a lot of stuff that can mix and match. And if all else fails, you can always just buy something!

80 (almost 27C) is nice and hot to me, 50 (10C) is not cold but cool. In fact, I think that is the forcasted high for my city today so that helps a lot. I think I am on the right track with shorts, tees, a couple of pairs of jeans and hoodies for all of us.

Thanks!

... I had thought we were on Arusha, which we requested because it was supposed to have both giraffes and zebras, which we saw tons of from our balcony! But in looking at the chart, the U shaped part that we were in seems to face Sunset, and I just wanted to verify that, and if so, do they always have zebras there? It looks like we were on Kudu trail so I figured I could request that and Sunset if I am correct...

They do move animals around, but Sunset savannah has had a herd of zebras for quite some time. However, Arusha and Uzima usually have a pair of zebras as well (generally a different species than those on Sunset.) All three savannahs also have giraffes. So no matter which savannah you are on you should see both zebras and giraffes. Sunset is the largest of the savannahs (18 acres?) Arusha and Uzima are both 11 acres, but their layouts are very different...
Wanted to update my post from last month - I did the Wanyama Safari last night and Uzima savannah does not currently have zebras. Sunset savanna has several Hartman's mountain zebras including an adorable 1 1/2 mo. old baby boy named Scooby. Not yet on Sunset savanna but tucked away on a section of Pembe is a 1 mo. old baby girl Hartman's Mt. Zebra + her mom & another female. The girl baby's name is Promise. She'll be joining the main herd on Sunset @ some pt.. Arusha still has 2 zebras.
Sunset, Arusha and Uzima each have 4 giraffes.

Wanted to update my post from last month - I did the Wanyama Safari last night and Uzima savannah does not currently have zebras. Sunset savanna has several Hartman's mountain zebras including an adorable 1 1/2 mo. old baby boy named Scooby. Not yet on Sunset savanna but tucked away on a section of Pembe is a 1 mo. old baby girl Hartman's Mt. Zebra + her mom & another female. The girl baby's name is Promise. She'll be joining the main herd on Sunset @ some pt.. Arusha still has 2 zebras.
Sunset, Arusha and Uzima each have 4 giraffes.

Thanks for the update! I will be be requesting our previous room number, along with Sunset on Kudu Trail . Less than 2 weeks now - can't wait to surprise DD!

....what would you wear during yours summers? Bring that and add a few items for a little bit cooler weather, like a pair of jeans, a long-sleeved t, and a sweater/light jacket....

....what would you wear during yours summers? Bring that and add a few items for a little bit cooler weather, like a pair of jeans, a long-sleeved t, and a sweater/light jacket....

Shorts, tank tops, flip flops mostly.

I've also packed a couple of pairs of capris and a pair of jeans along with a hoodie. If necessary, we can buy extra stuff there! :)

At Animal Kingdom now and loving it! Beautiful weather and a pixie dust upgrade to a Savannah room has made my trip so special.

One question - why do the buses stop at Kidani Village before Jambo House? Every bus I was on this weekend did this and I can't make logical sense out of it - Jambo is first through the gate, it's a right turn vs. left when you come back from Kidani, etc... Does anyone know the rationale?

At Animal Kingdom now and loving it! Beautiful weather and a pixie dust upgrade to a Savannah room has made my trip so special.

One question - why do the buses stop at Kidani Village before Jambo House? Every bus I was on this weekend did this and I can't make logical sense out of it - Jambo is first through the gate, it's a right turn vs. left when you come back from Kidani, etc... Does anyone know the rationale?
Internal transfer. More people want to go Kidani to Jambo (QS access) than vice versa, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter