Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked into Jambo and pleasantly surprised to have both a room with a king bed and be on the kudu trail! I had only requested the king bed(which I wasn't expecting to get), guess I got a little pixie dust :)

I just booked my first stay at AKL! Ive always stayed at values or moderates, so will be my first stay in a deluxe! AKL has always been my favorite resort to visit, and I've dreamed of staying there for years! Only down side is, it's not until September 2016...

Is Kadina for the regular guest and Jambo for Club members, I can't ever get it right?

Kidani is all DVC Villas. Jambo has the CL accommodations, standard Lodge rooms, and DVC villas. Jambo also has the very elaborate lobby, the main QS option, and Jiko.

Hi! Sorry to ask such a crazy question, but does anyone know what kind of coffee machines are in the kidani 2 bedroom villas? Is it a regular machine because I would like to bring coffee with us to make prior to leaving for the parks but I am not sure if it is a regular machine or if it is like the ones they have in the regular rooms that take the pods? Thanks so much! (Also, in the villas when renting points do they give you towels? I am thinking you must have to wash them yourself, right? Should I also plan on bringing dish soap and laundry soap? Assuming they don't give you that, right?). Thank you so much for answering my silly questions! It's our first time renting a villa but I can't wait! Thanks again.

The coffee machines in the villas are Mr. Coffee types that take a basket filter - they are not the pod machines as in the rooms. They will give you a couple of prepackaged pods that work in them, but I bring coffee & filters.
You will get enough towels, wash cloths & hand towels for your party to start. You will get a new set on day 4.
They supply 2 boxes of laundry soap, I bring extra laundry pods as we do more than 2 loads of laundry.
There is a small bottle of dish soap. Not sure on the dishwasher soap as we eat out and hand wash any cups, glasses, etc.

The coffee machines in the villas are Mr. Coffee types that take a basket filter - they are not the pod machines as in the rooms. They will give you a couple of prepackaged pods that work in them, but I bring coffee & filters.
You will get enough towels, wash cloths & hand towels for your party to start. You will get a new set on day 4.
They supply 2 boxes of laundry soap, I bring extra laundry pods as we do more than 2 loads of laundry.
There is a small bottle of dish soap. Not sure on the dishwasher soap as we eat out and hand wash any cups, glasses, etc.

Thank you so much!! This is incredibly helpful! I appreciate it!

I just booked my first stay at AKL! Ive always stayed at values or moderates, so will be my first stay in a deluxe! AKL has always been my favorite resort to visit, and I've dreamed of staying there for years! Only down side is, it's not until September 2016...

we'll be there Sept 29-Oct 6! It will be our first stay at AKL as well! Can't wait!

So just an FYI...We were booked in a Savannah view studio at Jambo 1/18-1/24. I received a missed call from DVC at lunch today regarding my stay. I call back to see what's going on, get a super nice young man. Received the bad news that my room has been taken out of inventory due to a refurb. He offered to move me to a 1-bedroom at Kidani. I wanted to see what else they would do for me.. So I asked if there was availability anywhere else as I was disappointed we wouldn't be able to stay at Jambo. He put me on hold and came back with 1-bedroom units at BCV and BLT. I asked for a moment to think and did some research and checked the DIS to find out the status of BCV rooms and refurbs (they look pretty old/un-updated and have a refurb scheduled for Jan). I ended up taking the lake view room at BLT. A 198 point room for my original 88 point trip, not bad I say! I wish I could say I was excited though, honestly I was so looking forward to getting back to Jambo house, and nearly all of my dining reservations are there as well! Ugh. We'll be there in May, but I'm going to miss it so much. I hope we enjoy BLT!

So just an FYI...We were booked in a Savannah view studio at Jambo 1/18-1/24. I received a missed call from DVC at lunch today regarding my stay. I call back to see what's going on, get a super nice young man. Received the bad news that my room has been taken out of inventory due to a refurb. He offered to move me to a 1-bedroom at Kidani. I wanted to see what else they would do for me.. So I asked if there was availability anywhere else as I was disappointed we wouldn't be able to stay at Jambo. He put me on hold and came back with 1-bedroom units at BCV and BLT. I asked for a moment to think and did some research and checked the DIS to find out the status of BCV rooms and refurbs (they look pretty old/un-updated and have a refurb scheduled for Jan). I ended up taking the lake view room at BLT. A 198 point room for my original 88 point trip, not bad I say! I wish I could say I was excited though, honestly I was so looking forward to getting back to Jambo house, and nearly all of my dining reservations are there as well! Ugh. We'll be there in May, but I'm going to miss it so much. I hope we enjoy BLT!
....well, at least it's close to MK...:confused3

....BTW, am I to understand this, you have to use up MORE points because THEY don't have the availability? :scratchin

....well, at least it's close to MK...:confused3

....BTW, am I to understand this, you have to use up MORE points because THEY don't have the availability? :scratchin

I could be wrong, but I think she means she got the BLT room as an upgrade with her 88 pts. Which is a great deal. But I could be misreading it. Minnie, I hope you love BLT. I have always wanted to stay there!

I could be wrong, but I think she means she got the BLT room as an upgrade with her 88 pts. Which is a great deal. But I could be misreading it. Minnie, I hope you love BLT. I have always wanted to stay there!
....hmmmm....you could be right.....:scratchin

....hmmmm....you could be right.....:scratchin

Kimmar, DVC is giving them the upgrade for their original points. They can't displace you from your original reservation and not "make it right"! :thumbsup2

I am hoping I don't get the call. I have my first 4 nights of a late January/February trip booked on points in a Studio at Jambo. :scared:

Wow that's awesome! I am staying at Kidani in January for 3 nights before BLT. I would have loved to move to contemporary to begin with!

Sweet - I probably would have opted for the 1 br. @ Kidani, assuming it was savanna view - but you'll love the space you get w/ a 1 br. irrespective of where it is.
Why not tweak your ADRs to fit your new location, you are a short monorail hop from so many restaurants:
GF - 1900 Park Fare, GF cafe, Citricos, Narcoosses
Poly - Ohana, Kona
Contemp. - Ca Grill
MK - try for the new Skipper Cantina?
And you can monorail to TTC then take the Epcot monorail for all of the Epcot venues.
Plus be sure to take your DVC card and try the TOWL lounge.

Hi! Sorry to ask such a crazy question, but does anyone know what kind of coffee machines are in the kidani 2 bedroom villas? Is it a regular machine because I would like to bring coffee with us to make prior to leaving for the parks but I am not sure if it is a regular machine or if it is like the ones they have in the regular rooms that take the pods? Thanks so much! (Also, in the villas when renting points do they give you towels? I am thinking you must have to wash them yourself, right? Should I also plan on bringing dish soap and laundry soap? Assuming they don't give you that, right?). Thank you so much for answering my silly questions! It's our first time renting a villa but I can't wait! Thanks again.

laundry detergent: there should be one box, enough for one load, when you get to the room. If more than one box, I think it's a lucky mistake.

Soap for hand washing the dishes or the kind for the dishwasher: you can call Mousekeeping and get more for free. I think the difference is: it helps Disney if you wash your own dishes because otherwise mousekeeping will have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter