Disney tour guide tells what is going to happen at studios

I could be remembering this wrong but wasn't Disney looking to put Puerto Rico into WS? I almost thought I heard it was a done deal.

I could be remembering this wrong but wasn't Disney looking to put Puerto Rico into WS? I almost thought I heard it was a done deal.

This was also a rumor that came around last year at food and wine. (Part of why they had such a large booth at F&W was supposedly they were pushing for a pavillion.) Personally I don't really get it because Puerto Rico is an American property, so not sure how it would qualify as a WS country, but I suppose if you are going to have Arendale...)

I can see 11 new attractions, if you get creative with counting, at Hollywood Studios

2 new Star Wars attractions
1 new Jedi Academy theater
1 Radiator Spring Racer
2 Carsland attractions (Junkyard Jamboree, bumper cars)
1 Monster Inc Dark Ride
1 New Muppets attraction
3 Smaller/Kiddies Pixar rides

You can also think that something is going in the Captain Sparrow/One Man's Dream Space and the Animation Building.

I like that list. Mine was bouncing off the op saying it was just Star Wars and Pixar lands, but more on the list is great.

I like that list. Mine was bouncing off the op saying it was just Star Wars and Pixar lands, but more on the list is great.
All that has been said on that list is Star Wars and Pixar. Toy story has been thrown around a lot, cars is also likely. Monsters inc hasn't been talked about much.

One thing to remember, more than likely the rumors do not have things 100% right. Sure, Star Wars and Pixar, but exactly what is all over the map. The actual will be different from the rumors, either some combination of, or something completely different. Remember, NO ONE had the FLE right before it leaked, and then even after it came out, the subsequently CHANGED it very significantly. So don't put a lot of stock in any specifics.

One thing to remember, more than likely the rumors do not have things 100% right. Sure, Star Wars and Pixar, but exactly what is all over the map. The actual will be different from the rumors, either some combination of, or something completely different. Remember, NO ONE had the FLE right before it leaked, and then even after it came out, the subsequently CHANGED it very significantly. So don't put a lot of stock in any specifics.
I agree but in terms of FLE the expansion actually started with the mine train then it was taken out and then it was put back in at the last minute. Not much else changed in that expansion. Then as for the studios this will be the biggest park transition ever other than building an entire new park.

I agree but in terms of FLE the expansion actually started with the mine train then it was taken out and then it was put back in at the last minute. Not much else changed in that expansion. Then as for the studios this will be the biggest park transition ever other than building an entire new park.

Well, yes and no. They had "Pixie Hollow", which was in the original big announcement, as well as Sleeping Beauties cottage. They pulled all that out after Iger (or whoever) decided that it was too much girl stuff. Go back to the original announcement out of D23, there was no mine train in there.

Yeah - this will be a lot bigger, which means you can bet even more it will change over time. However, I'm just saying that the rumors are ALL about Pixar (and mostly Toy Story and Cars) and Star Wars. Clearly they will be doing Star Wars and probably pixar is right, but one rumor says Carsland is coming while another rumor says "No Cars attractions at all". Both aren't correct. One says "All Toy Story" while another says "multiple Pixar stuff". Again, both can't be right. It could also be that something will be included besides Star Wars & Pixar. Maybe there's a Guardians of the Galaxy ride in the works for all we know.

Rumors are not facts, even when coming from "reliable sources". You need to take the rumors as a whole, and then what's actually going on within the studios that we can see. (Attractions being closed.) I'm more likely to believe something specific such as "One Man's Dream and VoftLM are closing in September" than the vague "Indiana Jones will close at some point" but even then, I will believe it 100% only when it is announced.

Well, yes and no. They had "Pixie Hollow", which was in the original big announcement, as well as Sleeping Beauties cottage. They pulled all that out after Iger (or whoever) decided that it was too much girl stuff. Go back to the original announcement out of D23, there was no mine train in there.

Yeah - this will be a lot bigger, which means you can bet even more it will change over time. However, I'm just saying that the rumors are ALL about Pixar (and mostly Toy Story and Cars) and Star Wars. Clearly they will be doing Star Wars and probably pixar is right, but one rumor says Carsland is coming while another rumor says "No Cars attractions at all". Both aren't correct. One says "All Toy Story" while another says "multiple Pixar stuff". Again, both can't be right. It could also be that something will be included besides Star Wars & Pixar. Maybe there's a Guardians of the Galaxy ride in the works for all we know.

Rumors are not facts, even when coming from "reliable sources". You need to take the rumors as a whole, and then what's actually going on within the studios that we can see. (Attractions being closed.) I'm more likely to believe something specific such as "One Man's Dream and VoftLM are closing in September" than the vague "Indiana Jones will close at some point" but even then, I will believe it 100% only when it is announced.
Actually in the rumored plans before it was officially announced mine train the longer version was in there and not pixie hollow. Rasulo put the pixie hollow in there. Staggs was then named parks head and changed it back to mine train but the version we got today.

I do know as of right now Gaurdians is not in there yet. Like you said things can change. Pixar and Star Wars will have a large presence. I also don't see the entire carsland coming but definitely pieces.

Things often change and reliable sources tell you that as well. Most sources that I follow don't release info until they have it for certain. The wdwmagic sources have not released any specifics other than 3.5 billion, 2.8 for DHS 350 to each MK and Epcot, and Pixar and Star Wars will have a presence. Everything else is too up in the air right now.

Things often change and reliable sources tell you that as well. Most sources that I follow don't release info until they have it for certain. The wdwmagic sources have not released any specifics other than 3.5 billion, 2.8 for DHS 350 to each MK and Epcot, and Pixar and Star Wars will have a presence. Everything else is too up in the air right now.

And those are about all I would believe right now, with even the total $$ being not that certain.

I am sorry if my uncle doesn't work at Disney or if I am not a dis vet, but I found it interesting that it was said on the tour and they were discussing changes. I was excited that I could post a thread, and felt rumors was the appropriate forum. I apologize and will leave all post to the all knowing vets.
Don't stop posting! If you do you'll never learn all the little details and things. How do you think you become a veteran? :) More viewpoints the better!

Let's be sure not to slam too hard on threads. I've seen some that were honestly trolling/unrelated but one's like these do no harm, and spark discussion. Keep it classy.

I'm with you, bring on the rumors you hear.

Maybe it was 11 additions?

3 Star Wars attractions
3 Pixar Attractions
1 Star Wars Restaurant
1 Pixar Restaurant
1 Star Wars store
1 Pixar store

Or maybe a show mixed in?

Hopefully a new restroom doesn't count.
Only two new shops? This is Disney, more shops will be crammed in those two plots of land than in all of the Mall of America! Axe out a couple of those attractions and replace them with some shops and I feel like you'll be in the right ball park. ;)

one thing to note. Iger said earlier this year that any star wars attractions would be based on new movies so I doubt there are any plans for any new rides to be announced until after the new star wars movie debuts. I think that any announcements would be about adding more pixar to the park as well as additional drawing studios to the annimation building

Err, maybe not so done.

3 days ago - NEW YORK New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday joined calls urging the U.S government to allow Puerto Rico's public entities to file for bankruptcy protection.

one thing to note. Iger said earlier this year that any star wars attractions would be based on new movies so I doubt there are any plans for any new rides to be announced until after the new star wars movie debuts. I think that any announcements would be about adding more pixar to the park as well as additional drawing studios to the annimation building
Additional drawing studios is not confirmed. We may not have any drawing studios after this. The building is likely to stay tho, it houses park operation offices.

one of the most popular things at the studios is the drawing class. there are lines litterally out the door at time for it so I hope they dont end this one however they could just turn the building into offices as the ones in other areas of the park are getting closed in order to make way for new attractions.

one of the most popular things at the studios is the drawing class. there are lines litterally out the door at time for it so I hope they dont end this one however they could just turn the building into offices as the ones in other areas of the park are getting closed in order to make way for new attractions.
I agree and I love the drawing classes as well but we just don't know if they will come back or not.

This had grown in popularity, but let's be realistic here. The drawing class handled perhaps 200-300 people per hour. (I'm estimating the class holds 100-150 people, and each class is 30 minutes.) It grew in popularity in recent years to the point where you might have to wait for 30 minutes for a second show, but even so, in a 12-hour day (maximum length that it was open) if you use the high-end figure of 150 people per show, you would get 3,600 people through this attraction.

Meanwhile, TSMM handles 1200 people per hour and still has a two hour wait. That means it had the same # of people by noon that the drawing class had all day, and handles 14,400 riders per day. Indiana Jones stunt show has a theater capacity of 2150 people, and plays 6 times a day, meaning 12,900 people can see that show in a day, and I've rarely seen the theater not full. Star Tours takes 2400 riders per hour, or 28,800 per day. Beauty and the Beast holds 1,500 and plays 6 times a day or 9,000 people. The Muppets are often < half full, but they can handle 27,000 people per day with shows every 15 minutes, or 9 times the Animation Academy.

I'll stop beating a dead horse with this, but even if you consider that some portion of people don't wait around for the animation academy if there is a wait longer than 30 minutes, it is quite likely the LEAST popular attraction in Hollywood Studios. Until maybe 3-4 years ago, there was NEVER a line for this attraction, only in recent years did the popularity grow as more and more people discovered it. (And possibly a sad commentary on the rest of the park as well.) If the capacity of the drawing room was 1,000 people an hour instead of 300 it would likely still have played to half empty crowds.

Now I'm sure there are plenty of people like you that are unhappy that they closed it. (My wife is one of those people.) But you must admit that you could have the exact same experience watching a 15 minute video on youtube as you have sitting in that room.

Now I'm sure there are plenty of people like you that are unhappy that they closed it. (My wife is one of those people.) But you must admit that you could have the exact same experience watching a 15 minute video on youtube as you have sitting in that room.
And Disney posts how to draw videos on their YouTube channels

As someone who is completely artistically challenged, I beg to differ. The experience of sitting in the room and knowing other people are struggling too or be able to hear someone tell me it's okay and it'll come out looking okay is not the same experience as watching on YouTube. And sometimes you are paying for the experience. Heck they sell books that tell you how to draw the characters but I still fail miserably with that.

Also, it is a unique "experience/attraction". I bet if it were in MK and not buried in some obscure corner of DHS it would have much larger numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter