• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is my problem. Round trip I would go 110 miles to save 5%. Not worth the gas. Now if they had that same offer online......
I would say that it all depends on how many cards you can come home with. Gas is under $2 here so it would cost you $6-$8 in gas, plus 2 hours in driving time. You save an extra $5 on every $100 you buy compared to next week's deal (which may or may not be offered online), so you need to only buy $200 to break even on gas. I would consider it if there's more than one Target in the area and you can call ahead. I recall that someone upthread called to make sure their Target had $25 gift cards.

Too long; didn't read summary: Found a Target Member who sympathized with me and was willing to help me out.
I'm glad for you! I went through the regular line at the first Target but ended up going through the Customer Service line at the other two. I didn't want to be "that customer" that backed the whole line up. You expect that kind of thing at the Customer Service window. Plus, the Customer Service have more experience problem solving.

I picked up 16 more cards last night from 2 different Targets. I just grabbed 8 each time since the previous manager limited me to 8 (I figured I had precedence in case someone tried to limit me more). I used that Vanilla Visas I bought last week for a savings of about 13.2% in all. I *thought* about churning the Visas into Target gift cards since there was suddenly a bunch of them available online but when I tried on my phone the card was denied. I just wanted to buy the darn things and be done and luckily the card worked fine at the checkout. I was bummed I didn't think about it earlier in the day when I had time to poke around and find an online store that would take the Vanilla Visa for Target gift cards. I figure I lost about $12 by not being able to churn the $400 in Visa cards. Oh well.

4x ebay bucks is back, this time the promotion started earlier and $100 target gift cards are instock :)

I need to stop reading this thread. I've been working on getting free Target GCs from rewards programs and am trying to wait until I have $50 or $100 from that to start churning them, but this thread is tempting me to go out and get these deals. I'm not planning a trip until April 2017 so I have plenty of time but its hard to resist!

that is my problem. Round trip I would go 110 miles to save 5%. Not worth the gas. Now if they had that same offer online......

After scouring the store, I was only able to find two $25 gift cards at my Target. Then the $5 GC prompt didn't come up and the TM had to find a supervisor who then had to get a circular where I pointed out it said ALL $25 and up gift cards. So I spent an extra 20 minutes to save $5. :\

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you!

I have found the $25 Disney cards in 2 places in the store: (1) In the main display at the front of the store (NOT the displays in the checkout lanes, those are all $50's and $100's) and (2) back in the display in electronics. I'm going back to last night's store to buy 8 more (finger's crossed). We use the Disney cards to pay for our DVC dues too. It will be a big PITB to enter all those $25 cards though :headache:.

I never knew that you could pay DVC Dues with gift cards until reading this thread, which I'm so thankful for learning about! I have a question though, do you have to call in the payment to do this or is there a way to do it through the website?

4x ebay bucks is back, this time the promotion started earlier and $100 target gift cards are instock :)

Banging my head against the wall right now. Just ordered $600 worth of Target cards on ebay LAST NIGHT. This is the first time I've actually been targeted for ebay bucks in a while. Rats!!

Jodie

If anyone has HyVees in their area, they were offering double fuel savers for Target or Kohl's gift cards last night. Not sure how long the sale is going on, but I received 10 cents fuel savers for every $25 in Target Gift cards purchased. Be sure to check your receipt and make sure you receive all of your fuel savers...some times they don't always ring in correctly.

After scouring the store, I was only able to find two $25 gift cards at my Target. Then the $5 GC prompt didn't come up and the TM had to find a supervisor who then had to get a circular where I pointed out it said ALL $25 and up gift cards. So I spent an extra 20 minutes to save $5. :\
Well, you really saved $7.25, right? Didn't they take the 5% off?

I never knew that you could pay DVC Dues with gift cards until reading this thread, which I'm so thankful for learning about! I have a question though, do you have to call in the payment to do this or is there a way to do it through the website?
You have to phone member accounting.

I called Target about the 20% coupons I have not received. According to the CSR, they will be sending the coupons out still through the 3rd (system is just too busy to handle all they need it to). If I do not receive one, call for an online order or go to the CS desk with proof of BF online order in the store and they will either give me a coupon or ring my order up at 20% off.
I just called since I still had not received the 20% coupon. After waiting for over an hour on hold, the CSR told me that they are expediting my coupon and I should get it within 2 business days.....Not holding my breath.

Thanks for the advice wendow, if I don't get it by then, I'll just go to the store and show my email.

Target really messed up with the handling of their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

I just called since I still had not received the 20% coupon. After waiting for over an hour on hold, the CSR told me that they are expediting my coupon and I should get it within 2 business days.....Not holding my breath.

Thanks for the advice wendow, if I don't get it by then, I'll just go to the store and show my email.

Target really messed up with the handling of their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

Hope you get yours! I am not holding my breath at all that I will get one emailed. There are a few of us here and then more people on slickdeals who also did not get theirs. I've not seen anyone post they have gotten one since it appears the masses got theirs on Saturday. So I don't really believe the whole system is still sending them out story. But maybe Target will prove me wrong...I am picking up an in store order today from Target. I'm going to ask them about it.

Can we pay dues via DVA acct?

Jodie
That's a case of YMMV. Technically, the answer is NO, but I was able to do it last year by telling the CM that it was a GC. However, I did not get the $20 GC for each $1K spent.

You can call Member Services. They now limit the number of gift cards to FIVE, so I have to combine all my $25 gift cards. I believe that I can only combine up to $1000 on one card, so I'll have to combine to 2 cards. I have a LOT Of cards to combine, but I'm happy with a close to 15% discount on my dues!

The deal next week is get a $5 Target gift card when you purchase two $50 Disney gift cards so it's not as good.

But still, with your RedCard, that's $105 of potential Disney cash for $95 (9.5% off). That's still nothing to sneeze at, especially when you don't have to go through a rigamarole with a manager to get it to work.

I have $1325 in Disney Gift Cards ready for my week long trip. I plan to go to Target Sunday and get a little bit more at the 9.5% off before I leave for Disney on the 11th. Most likely $525 of Disney cards for $475.

Does anyone have a link to the specifics on the $5 Target Gift Card deal coming on 12/6?

I found this under the Preview Deals 12/6 tab on : http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/target-coupons-2

"
Get a $5 Target Gift Card wyb (2) Select Prepaid Gift Cards
  • Disney Store, Starbucks, AMC Movies or Buffalo Wild Wings (pictured)
"

I wasn't aware Target sold "Disney Store" gift cards. Perhaps that means the generic Disney Gift Cards that can work at the Disney Store.

ETA: Nevermind. Found it. I guess it might work on Disney $25 cards. Worth trying first.

http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/12/Tg-126-24.jpg

Tg-126-24.jpg

Tg-126-24.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, ValpoCory.

I don't think it will work on Disney $25s - the picture shows a $50 Disney gift card, unfortunately.
Still not a bad deal - 5% back in gift card and 5% off. I will take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter