Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI....My DH went to GS today to buy a $400 Ebay GC with our GS cards. He handed the cashier the loadable Ebay card and asked for $400. He proceeded to pull out the GS cards to scan and was told to hold on. Policy changed and they can no longer accept GCs for Ebay cards. Only cash or credit cards.

He then tried another store close to us and they didn't have any ebay in stock. The sales person told him they have never carried them.

This is new for both of these stores. The first one we churned through just a couple of weeks ago with no problems. Same with the second store, so I know they used to carry ebay.

I'm hoping I can convert the cards at another store. I think it really is time for me to cash out and get out of the game at least for awhile. The risk is getting to me along with all the face to face churns. So different than ordering target online.

Just thought I would share our experience. It really is YMMV with GS.
Definitely YMMV, I was able to convert $600 GS GC to eBay today doing $300 at each store and employees had no problem with it at all.

Some good news/some bad news...

The good news... I found Disney GCs on sale at BJ's website for $94.99 for $100 GC. If you have a Chase Freedom card, you should qualify for 5% rewards on top of this for this quarter & next.

The bad news... shipping is $7.39. (Although it's a flat-rate no matter how many cards you order, so if you need 10 cards, it's only $7.39 to ship them all, not $73.90)

Definitely YMMV, I was able to convert $600 GS GC to eBay today doing $300 at each store and employees had no problem with it at all.

My aunt converted $700 in GS back into ebay at a store outside of Houston just this afternoon so it does seem that some stores are still allowing it.

Last edited:

I converted $1000 yesterday(Tues) at my gamestop store, no questions or odd looks. They made it seem like it was normal. And it was a different person than I've ever seen there before, she was just friendly and chatting about what a great day it was, beautiful and sunny and not hot and humid, lol. She had to help push one of the cards thru the machine as it was sticking, with that tape that sticks them to the paper they send them on. She said, yeah these stick sometimes, like it was common to use them. I got two $500 loadable cards. I didn't need to explain or have a story. I did like the one mentioned by a PP about buying the gc's online at their site to get cc rewards, if needed.

I was also able to put thru BB gc's with zero issues(this week, and last week, as well), so I did another round today and that also went thru with zero issues of any kind.

So, I think I am the latest casualty to Target 'losing' my GC's that I had stored in their system. I *think* it is about $25...it was various remnants of $12.xx, $5.xx, etc. Their new website stinks. I cannot look up old orders. It literally shows me the order I placed tonight and then goes back to Dec. Umm, I've placed probably 30-40 orders since December! They are just...poof!...gone. As are the GC's I had stored in their system. I will always spend over my GC amount from here on even if it means buying something just to return it.

Just FYI....My DH went to GS today to buy a $400 Ebay GC with our GS cards. He handed the cashier the loadable Ebay card and asked for $400. He proceeded to pull out the GS cards to scan and was told to hold on. Policy changed and they can no longer accept GCs for Ebay cards. Only cash or credit cards.

He then tried another store close to us and they didn't have any ebay in stock. The sales person told him they have never carried them.

This is new for both of these stores. The first one we churned through just a couple of weeks ago with no problems. Same with the second store, so I know they used to carry ebay.

I'm hoping I can convert the cards at another store. I think it really is time for me to cash out and get out of the game at least for awhile. The risk is getting to me along with all the face to face churns. So different than ordering target online.

Just thought I would share our experience. It really is YMMV with GS.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me today. YMMV.

So, I think I am the latest casualty to Target 'losing' my GC's that I had stored in their system. I *think* it is about $25...it was various remnants of $12.xx, $5.xx, etc. Their new website stinks. I cannot look up old orders. It literally shows me the order I placed tonight and then goes back to Dec. Umm, I've placed probably 30-40 orders since December! They are just...poof!...gone. As are the GC's I had stored in their system. I will always spend over my GC amount from here on even if it means buying something just to return it.
Do you mean a gc you had loaded to the app or your profile?

I cashed out my churning funds when the whole target-ebay-target avenue shut down last month. I'm looking for less time consuming, less risky ways to just get a good deal on Disney cards. I have the Amex Blue card and get 6% off at grocery stores. Can I buy a Target gc at my grocery store and still use the Target gc online to get the redcard discount? I have been following along, just want to make sure the target online 5% hasn't dried up very recently.

This happened with one of my Target gift cards and it magically reappeared the next day.
Yes, the new website stinks!!!

Just a data point for anyone interested.

I had mentioned before that our wedding is at a Marriott. We made a payment on the reception last month using our Southwest credit card, and we received 2x the points since it was considered Travel.

We made the payment online through a secured site (not just the regular Marriott site). I did click through Ebates but I did not receive any.

On that note, you receive 2 points per dollar on travel related purchases (such as the Marriott mentioned above). So double the points! That gave us 12,000 points which is like a one way flight!

Did you look on the app to see if they were there? I have no idea if that is helpful, but maybe...

Also, I hate their new site too. When I want to look at previous orders it defaults to showing images of the items I've previously purchased. How is that helpful to a consumer? I don't get it. You have to switch to the date view (or order view?), then scroll to find your order. Then, to look at another order, you have to through the whole process again. it may not seem taxing but if you want to go back and look at multiple orders, it's a pain.

Finally, I went back and checked all the balances on my Target GCs and I think something is not right with the system. I checked a card that I know had a balance - it showed up in my Target account - and Target gave me the same message it does for the empty cards (it never says $0.00 for me).

Did you look on the app to see if they were there? I have no idea if that is helpful, but maybe...

Also, I hate their new site too. When I want to look at previous orders it defaults to showing images of the items I've previously purchased. How is that helpful to a consumer? I don't get it. You have to switch to the date view (or order view?), then scroll to find your order. Then, to look at another order, you have to through the whole process again. it may not seem taxing but if you want to go back and look at multiple orders, it's a pain.

Finally, I went back and checked all the balances on my Target GCs and I think something is not right with the system. I checked a card that I know had a balance - it showed up in my Target account - and Target gave me the same message it does for the empty cards (it never says $0.00 for me).
In may, right before everything stopped, I ordered ebay gift cards from target and they were delivered almost immediately.

However, I also ordered 2 small things I needed for ebates. I have not received them and I cannot look at the orders to confirm. I received ebates and it was only a couple dollar items but it makes me angry that they seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Do you mean a gc you had loaded to the app or your profile?

These were the remaining balances of GC's that I had partially used so Target stored the balances in their system. When you go to make your next purchase, the balance would be there and you could apply it to your purchase. I had like 3 or 4 small balances remaining. Those are gone from my account. They were there on June 23rd when I made a purchase but gone as of last night.

These were the remaining balances of GC's that I had partially used so Target stored the balances in their system. When you go to make your next purchase, the balance would be there and you could apply it to your purchase. I had like 3 or 4 small balances remaining. Those are gone from my account. They were there on June 23rd when I made a purchase but gone as of last night.

That's awful! I know it's not much money in the grand scheme of things but it's frightening nonetheless. You don't have the physical gift cards somewhere else or in an email to check the balances?

They probably have balances, you just need to find the gc numbers to use them. This has happened to me too. I just got the cards and entered them when I wanted to use them and they were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter