Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that were banned, did you have to verify your account a lot for previous transactions? I've probably done 5 transactions with PPDG over the past month and only one time did it have me verify my account. Just wondering if its a pattern of making you verify several times, or did they just put the hammer down randomly? I'm nervous about continuing to use them. I've got best buy gift cards right now and i'm debating on how to proceed.
I had to verify a couple of purchases, then on the last few tries I couldn't even get to the verify stage, it started giving me weird error codes. Once that happened, I was banned soon after.

I have decided not to use PPDG until my ebucks arrive, so I wanted to try the Target and BB stores on ebay, to take advantage of the promo with my $700 ebay GCs. My plan was to purchase something under $100, and return to store. I wanted to know how the purchase money would be returned (was hoping for store credit). Well, it didn't work out at all. Target would not let me purchase anything with an ebay GC on it's ebay store. I tried 3 accounts, and different priced merchandise. So, that never got off the ground. Next I tried BB, with store pickup (so I could know how it works before promo ends). The first order was cancelled by BB, because they did not have the item in stock. All money was returned to my ebay GC. So next I ordered something that they should have in stock. I picked it up at one BB and returned it 20 mins later at another. All the funds went back on my original ebay GC. Was really hoping for store credit :sad2:

I have decided not to use PPDG until my ebucks arrive, so I wanted to try the Target and BB stores on ebay, to take advantage of the promo with my $700 ebay GCs. My plan was to purchase something under $100, and return to store. I wanted to know how the purchase money would be returned (was hoping for store credit). Well, it didn't work out at all. Target would not let me purchase anything with an ebay GC on it's ebay store. I tried 3 accounts, and different priced merchandise. So, that never got off the ground. Next I tried BB, with store pickup (so I could know how it works before promo ends). The first order was cancelled by BB, because they did not have the item in stock. All money was returned to my ebay GC. So next I ordered something that they should have in stock. I picked it up at one BB and returned it 20 mins later at another. All the funds went back on my original ebay GC. Was really hoping for store credit :sad2:
Also wanted to add, that both BB purchases have earned ebucks, not sure if they will take those back or not.

[snip]

I picked it up at one BB and returned it 20 mins later at another. All the funds went back on my original ebay GC. Was really hoping for store credit :sad2:

Thanks for the data point. Apparently if you want to take advantage of this, the way to go is to exchange rather than return.

I just got back from GameStop. Apparently they have discontinued sales of Amazon gift cards. The clerk went and took them off the rack after he tried to ring them up. They are no longer in their system.

This happened with us with the reloadable eBay cards at our GS last week. She tried to ring it up and it came back as void or something or other and then she pulled them all from the shelves.

This happened with us with the reloadable eBay cards at our GS last week. She tried to ring it up and it came back as void or something or other and then she pulled them all from the shelves.

This happened to me after last Christmas at Walgreens with load able Disney cards. They were Chritsmas themed and had a lower load start ($15 to start instead of $25) but they were no longer in the system so she had to pull them. Not sure why this happened at GS.

In regards to BBC, I originally tried purchasing $25 GCs and it got cancelled. But then I tried the $50 GC and it went through. So, just a little something to keep in mind - don't assume that you can't order the GCs for store pick-up, just try again with a different denomination.

I need some advice from the GS master :worship: (@JKalai )

I don't use GS for my churning so I haven't stayed up on the most recent. My DH decided he is going to sell his PS4. Walmart will give him 200$ for it and I think GS will give about the same. Are the trade in credits viewed the same as a GS gift card? Could I use that $200 and convert it to Ebay?

I don't use GS for my churning so I haven't stayed up on the most recent. My DH decided he is going to sell his PS4. Walmart will give him 200$ for it and I think GS will give about the same. Are the trade in credits viewed the same as a GS gift card? Could I use that $200 and convert it to Ebay?
I know you weren't asking me, but this came up while I was in the store yesterday. The clerk was trying to help us pick out gift cards and said he always brought in his old games and used the trade credit to purchase Amazon cards. So, you should be able to use your credit for eBay cards.

Question... My brain is so scrambled from dealing with everything recently...

Do you think this will work?
If I buy eBay with my remaining $550 at GameStop. Then give them and my remaining $100 eBay that I have on hand (so a total of $650 in eBay after the GS churn) to my brother. I have him purchase something worth $650 from the Best Buy eBay store for in store pickup (this is possible through the eBay store?). I pick up the item, then exhange that item for a Disney GC at BB.

If you think this may possibly work, I think it will be the best way for me to get out of eBay with only losing my eBucks.

Question... My brain is so scrambled from dealing with everything recently...

Do you think this will work?
If I buy eBay with my remaining $550 at GameStop. Then give them and my remaining $100 eBay that I have on hand (so a total of $650 in eBay after the GS churn) to my brother. I have him purchase something worth $650 from the Best Buy eBay store for in store pickup (this is possible through the eBay store?). I pick up the item, then exhange that item for a Disney GC at BB.

If you think this may possibly work, I think it will be the best way for me to get out of eBay with only losing my eBucks.
There are a couple of "if"s that can affect the ability to get to your end game.

• If you can still buy eBay GCs at GS with a GC.
  • If your brother can find something on BB's eBay store that is in the neighborhood of $650 that can be returned without a restocking fee.
  • If PP or BB's eBay store will allow the purchase using eBay GCs.
  • If BB allows a store credit for the returned item instead of returning the money back to the eBay GCs.
At this point, you have nothing to lose by trying. Your brother would be the one taking the risk. It's possible that PP may ban him as well if they think that he made the purchase for the sole purpose of returning it.

Yes to everything :) right now you'll also get $200 at GameStop for the PS4.

There are a couple of "if"s that can affect the ability to get to your end game.

• If you can still buy eBay GCs at GS with a GC.
  • If your brother can find something on BB's eBay store that is in the neighborhood of $650 that can be returned without a restocking fee.
  • If PP or BB's eBay store will allow the purchase using eBay GCs.
  • If BB allows a store credit for the returned item instead of returning the money back to the eBay GCs.
At this point, you have nothing to lose by trying. Your brother would be the one taking the risk. It's possible that PP may ban him as well if they think that he made the purchase for the sole purpose of returning it.

This is true. I can't find the BB eBay store anyway, so I guess it's really a moot point. :(

Interesting. It seems like you'll have to do an exchange instead of a refund for it to work.

I know you weren't asking me, but this came up while I was in the store yesterday. The clerk was trying to help us pick out gift cards and said he always brought in his old games and used the trade credit to purchase Amazon cards. So, you should be able to use your credit for eBay cards.

Yes to everything :) right now you'll also get $200 at GameStop for the PS4.

Thanks peeps!

As a side point this is the 4th PS my husband has bought and sold in our 9 years of marriage :rolleyes:. He will buy one and then gradually increase his time on it over the course of a year or two til we reach a breaking point where I enter beast mode and yell "GET OFF YOUR PLAYSTATION AND DO ACTUAL GROWN UP ACTIVITIES !!!!". Then he has some deep thoughts about spending more time with the family and sells it. Then a year or so goes by and he gets a raise/bonus/etc and thinks "I am going to buy me a PS!".

Literally. 4 of them. I predict we will own another by the end of next year. I have just accepted that we will always have a struggle between his inner teenage game nerd and the adult with responsibilities that he is :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter