DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

I listened. I was surprised that there was no discussion about the podcast taping. I am currently "one of those" people with multiple reservations/FPs waiting to hear the plans.

Also, John mentioned that we wouldn't get our credentials in the mail. Universal will hand them out before the event. I wonder how early they will have this available. I would hate to arrive and be behind 900 people who need to pick up their lanyards. Will the staff be by the parking lot or in front of the party area? We were planning to drive, but if riding the shuttle is an advantage (better drop off/pick up location, credentials on the bus) we will valet somewhere and take the shuttle.

Just noticed my signature countdown...one month!!! So excited!

Last edited:
I listened. I was surprised that there was no discussion about the podcast taping. I am currently "one of those" people with multiple reservations/FPs waiting to hear the plans.

Also, John mentioned that we wouldn't get our credentials in the mail. Universal will hand them out before the event. I wonder how early they will have this available. I would hate to arrive and be behind 900 people who need to pick up their lanyards. Will the staff be by the parking lot or in front of the party area? We were planning to drive, but if riding the shuttle is an advantage (better drop off/pick up location, credentials on the bus) we will valet somewhere and take the shuttle.

I've been to a few events at Universal where they do credentials that you have to pick up. What I've generally seen is that there are tables with several people sitting behind them, you go up and give your name and then they hand you your credential. It's been reasonably fast every time I've done it.

The events I've done have always been an Universal (for HHN) and they've set up outside the main gates. I'm not sure if they'll do it exactly the same for Disapalooza, but it seems probable?

Also, tickets would be available for pickup at Universal with ID. Not sure exactly how that will work. We should be getting an email this week or next with more information.

Possible silly question, but will kids need to show some form of ID as well or just me as the "Lead Name" (terms from their email) who purchased the tickets? I cannot recall if I had to give my wife's and daughter's names when I signed us up.

Last edited:
I am SO SO bummed! We arrive into Florida on the 7th :( Would LOVE to go! Listen to the podcasts religiously in Australia!

We already purchased 2 day park-to-park tickets and will be there on December 5th. If we want to attend Disapalooza do we need to purchase separate tics on top of park passes??

We already purchased 2 day park-to-park tickets and will be there on December 5th. If we want to attend Disapalooza do we need to purchase separate tics on top of park passes??
Unfortunately Disapalooza has been sold out for months :(

Doug :goofy:

I am SO SO bummed! We arrive into Florida on the 7th :( Would LOVE to go! Listen to the podcasts religiously in Australia!
Keep an eye on the board you could go to the podcast they are doing on Sunday. No details yet.

IMO going by the way it's been written (and rewritten) I would think that the butterbeer IS unlimited.... even if they give us smaller portions, it seems as though there will be a smaller crowd and more time for refills! I HOPE so! It's like a liquid dessert! I prefer the frozen... anyone else?
LOVE Frozen Butter Beer. I think it is a bit less sweet /'dryer' than the Non Frozen version?
All in my head? I love this this stuff. :love1:

Who's eating on CityWalk before the event? If so where are you eating at?

Looking for ideas on where to grab some dinner before we enter the park. We've never been to Universal so it's all new to me, we will have our 5 year old daughter so a good kid menu is a must.

Of course all depends on your tastes. I am looking forward to dining at "The Cowfish Sushi - BURGER Bar" Burgers and sushi. Sushi and burgers. Certainly unusual, absolutely great. That’s The Cowfish®, the first and only Sushi Burger Bar, focused on offering both the best sushi AND the best burger in town. Our signature creations are what we call "Burgushi®"! A cutting-edge fusion of burger and sushi, Burgushi®items include sushi rolls created using burger components, and pick-up style sandwiches created using sushi ingredients. https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/CityWalk/The-Cowfish.aspx

LOVE Frozen Butter Beer. I think it is a bit less sweet /'dryer' than the Non Frozen version?

Oh no, not just you. The Frozen one is WAY better.

But if you want to talk about magical - let's talk about warm Butterbeer. SO GOOD.

For anyone who was hoping to book just the night of 12/5 at Cabana Bay, I just got a Travelocity alert and managed to book that night for $149 (plus taxes of course.)

Just a FYI, as the Universal site shows it to be unavailable, and my earlier searches at Trivago, etc. were the same.

Kathy

Yeah... The rooms at The Portofino and Hardrock have been sold out for quite a while now. At least, that's what I've been told every time I call or check online.

Daughter (12) and I have a room at the Portofino (had to do club level because everything else was sold out) for Sat and Sun nights. Friday night we are staying at the Royal Pacific. Never stayed there before.... I keep trying so see if any rooms become available at PB because it's hard to split up a short trip like this. Also... I am a bit mobility impaired and the farther away, the harder it is... Oh well, at least WE ARE GOING!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Can't wait to get there, enjoy the park and meet y'all!!!

Kathy

Oh no, not just you. The Frozen one is WAY better.

But if you want to talk about magical - let's talk about warm Butterbeer. SO GOOD.

Uh, yeah!!!! Frozen is my favorite... I may need to get an extra to try it warm, as well..... sounds yummy!

We attended the Hogsmeade party. There was plenty of wiggle room to explore. We never waited more than 5 minutes for Journey. Dragons and Hippogriff were walk ons. The only line was for the Wand shop/show. Three Broomsticks was open. Butterbeer was unlimited and came from a kiosk in the center of the street.

Having never seen Diagon Alley, wwould those who have say it is larger than Hogsmeade? I think the past party held 700 and John said this year's party held 900.

I went ahead and purchased an interactive wand from the Universal site. We looked over the birthday Celtic chart to see our wand type, but decided to get a wand that symbolized family since this trip includes my sisters and Mom. This way we can start having fun with the spells, rather than waiting to go through Ollivander's.

We've been to both WWOHP and DA. DA is bigger. There are more nooks and crannies to explore. Just an all around bigger scale/feel. It's hard to tell because they have both been so darn crowded.

The interactive wands are fun... it's not easy to do all the spells, though ;) I guess I'm still a muggle at heart when it comes to spells! Bummer!

Yeah... The rooms at The Portofino and Hardrock have been sold out for quite a while now. At least, that's what I've been told every time I call or check online.

Daughter (12) and I have a room at the Portofino (had to do club level because everything else was sold out) for Sat and Sun nights. Friday night we are staying at the Royal Pacific. Never stayed there before.... I keep trying so see if any rooms become available at PB because it's hard to split up a short trip like this. Also... I am a bit mobility impaired and the farther away, the harder it is... Oh well, at least WE ARE GOING!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Can't wait to get there, enjoy the park and meet y'all!!!

Kathy

Ok, this is either getting old or getting good (better). We were previously booked at Royal for the 4th then Sat and Sun at PortoFino. Well...I've been checking in a few times a week and just now found our preferred hotel, HARDROCK available for 4th through 7th. Whew!
They were kind enough to change the res, so now, Anyone staying at the HR and would like to meet? Myself and daughter (12). Maybe to walk over to DA?

We'll see you there!!
kathy

Ooh. Good question. I didn't even think about this. But I have to imagine that you are correct - adults show ID and kiddos are 'attached' to adult tix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter