DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

HI! It's nearly time for the event!!!! I want to make sure is it ok to wear a HP themed shirt to the event? I will leave my cloak at home.

The USO buses will not be running after our event. However you can walk back to Cabana Bay as the elevated walkway connecting that resort to City Walk is now finished. I'm sure you'll have lots of fellow DISers to walk back with.

This is good to know. For some reason I was under the impression that the Cabana Bay busses ran until 2:30am because of City Walk?

Is parking free at Universal for this event for those driving their own cars? Also, how soon can you arrive at the event? I apologize if these questions have been answered already. Thanks.
Parking will not be free. They are going to charge you for US parking unless you are an AP holder.

You can either drive and park at the US parking garage and then walk to the US park entrance. If you are staying at WDW you can pay to ride the Disapalooza bus over. No details where they will pick up or drop off yet.

I did receive an email regarding transportation today.

The shuttle dropped off/picked up from the entrance of Hogsmeade the last Disapalooza at Universal. Will this year's shuttle drop off at the public entrance or will it drop off in an off stage area? It was lovely not having to walk the entire distance of the park.

The shuttle dropped off/picked up from the entrance of Hogsmeade the last Disapalooza at Universal. Will this year's shuttle drop off at the public entrance or will it drop off in an off stage area? It was lovely not having to walk the entire distance of the park.

Transportation details are being finalized.

This was the reason for John's email asking guests to sign up for transfers.

I have some new info on the Cabana Bay buses and parking at the event...

- CBBR buses run every day until 2am (sorry I gave wrong info initially)

Parking rates for 12/5/15

- Regular Parking is $20.00
- Preferred Parking $25.00
- Preferred Annual Pass Upgrade for Preferred Parking is $8.00
- 6pm to 10pm Parking $5.00 NON FLORIDA RESIDENT
- Florida Residents After 6pm FREE Parking with Proof of Residency
- Preferred Parking After 6pm FLORIDA RESIDENT $5.00
- Preferred Parking After 6pm NON FLORIDA RESIDENT $10.00

I would like to say a very big "THANK YOU" to the whole team at The DIS Unplugged / Dreams Unlimited Travel for making this event possible and enabling us to join the party :D
We are a party of 4: me, DH, DD and DD's partner staying at Art of Animation. We booked our holiday to WDW in February. In late April DD introduced me to the DIS during a weekend visit. We watched the podcast announcing the DISApalooza and could not believe that it would be during our holiday. :hyper2: We booked our tickets the same day! I have booked our return transport for the DISApalooza and we are all looking forward to joining in the fun and meeting fellow DIS fans, both on the bus to Universal and at the party.
Thank you again! :flower1:

I have some new info on the Cabana Bay buses and parking at the event...

- CBBR buses run every day until 2am (sorry I gave wrong info initially)

Parking rates for 12/5/15

- Regular Parking is $20.00
- Preferred Parking $25.00
- Preferred Annual Pass Upgrade for Preferred Parking is $8.00
- 6pm to 10pm Parking $5.00 NON FLORIDA RESIDENT
- Florida Residents After 6pm FREE Parking with Proof of Residency
- Preferred Parking After 6pm FLORIDA RESIDENT $5.00
- Preferred Parking After 6pm NON FLORIDA RESIDENT $10.00

Thank you for the information :D

Apparently there will not be a live podcast that weekend. Just watching today's podcast and they weren't able to come up with a venue at a reasonable price. Instead they are going to contribute $10K to Give Kids the World.

Apparently there will not be a live podcast that weekend. Just watching today's podcast and they weren't able to come up with a venue at a reasonable price. Instead they are going to contribute $10K to Give Kids the World.

While I am disappointed, I totally understand. And what a wonderful gesture by donating to GKTW! :thumbsup2

I was not sure we were going to be able to do a podcast show the next day anyway :-)..........so for my wife and I this is PERFECT!!!! We're quite fortunate in that we attend the NJ GKTW event each year so we get our podcast fix..........the opportunity to give such a large donation just says MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!:santa:

Way to go DIS!!

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
John,

Will the lead name be able to pick up all credentials for the group, or will each individual member need to present identification? We have 8 in our group, including someone who is too young to attend. I bought 6 tickets, intentionally leaving one adult out so that he/she could stay behind with the little one, but for the life of me, I cannot remember which names I included! If I email you, can you tell me who is on my list?

Halloweenqueen...are you saying that there was a shuttle that drove from the front of the park (at the gate) back to Hogsmeade, or are you asking about the shuttle from a WDW area resort to the Universal Parks? I'm confused now. (It takes very little to confuse me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter