DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

Yeah someone said awhile back (maybe on a show, I can't remember) that it would seem empty with 900 and that we would be able to do the rides in that part multiple times. :)

Is the butterbeer unlimited, or is that just the other drinks (I'm confused since they're separated on the list).
IMO going by the way it's been written (and rewritten) I would think that the butterbeer IS unlimited.... even if they give us smaller portions, it seems as though there will be a smaller crowd and more time for refills! I HOPE so! It's like a liquid dessert! I prefer the frozen... anyone else?

The following Touring Plans blog link states capacity is 4000 people. Which puts Disapalooza at about 22.5% of full capacity........thats a good number for us! :P

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/07/19/new-wizarding-world-harry-potter-diagon-alley-touring-plans/

Doug :goofy:
I replied in the next box with this as well. It seemed a bit confusing seeing the later comment alone:

I checked out the Touring Plans Blog and it says that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter AND Diagon Alley hold 4000.... I think that means all together... I STILL think that leaves TONS of room for us!

Who's eating on CityWalk before the event? If so where are you eating at?

Looking for ideas on where to grab some dinner before we enter the park. We've never been to Universal so it's all new to me, we will have our 5 year old daughter so a good kid menu is a must.

I checked out the Touring Plans Blog and it says that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter AND Diagon Alley hold 4000.... I think that means all together... I STILL think that leaves TONS of room for us!

When I was at the party at Hogmeade, at a certain point People just disappeared. The most people I saw were dancing near the DJ. I remember saying "Where did everybody go?"

wow, kbelle8995! Was this a party similar to the one upcoming at Diagon Alley? This is our first and my imagination is going CRAZY!! What was it like? Were the cast members as nice as regular park times? We will also be trying for a bite to eat at the restaurant IN Diagon Alley (brain lag... can't think of the name right now)... Did a lot of people shop, too?

When I was at the party at Hogmeade, at a certain point People just disappeared. The most people I saw were dancing near the DJ. I remember saying "Where did everybody go?"

REPOST! I'm still learning here! I'll get it soon!

wow, kbelle8995! Was this a party similar to the one upcoming at Diagon Alley? This is our first and my imagination is going CRAZY!! What was it like? Were the cast members as nice as regular park times? We will also be trying for a bite to eat at the restaurant IN Diagon Alley (brain lag... can't think of the name right now)... Did a lot of people shop, too?

REPOST! I'm still learning here! I'll get it soon!

Yes the TMs (Cast members) were lovely even wishing us good night as we walked out. There were some people who shopped (I did) Most guests were going for FJ. But we walked on the ride a couple of times. I can't remember if the restuarant was open it's just too late for me to eat. But we had free butterbeer and pumpkin juice. There was also alcohol available for purchase. You had to go outside the entrance of WWOHP to purchase Coke. I would check out John's primary post at the beginning of the thread for more information. John stated in that post that the Leaky Cauldron will be open for those who wish to purchase food

I can't remember what the limits on guests numbers were at that party. I want to say 700 but's it's been a few years so it's vague. We had a ball and can't wait for this one. It seems like this one going to be bigger and better.

Last edited:
We attended the Hogsmeade party. There was plenty of wiggle room to explore. We never waited more than 5 minutes for Journey. Dragons and Hippogriff were walk ons. The only line was for the Wand shop/show. Three Broomsticks was open. Butterbeer was unlimited and came from a kiosk in the center of the street.

Having never seen Diagon Alley, wwould those who have say it is larger than Hogsmeade? I think the past party held 700 and John said this year's party held 900.

I went ahead and purchased an interactive wand from the Universal site. We looked over the birthday Celtic chart to see our wand type, but decided to get a wand that symbolized family since this trip includes my sisters and Mom. This way we can start having fun with the spells, rather than waiting to go through Ollivander's.

We attended the Hogsmeade party. There was plenty of wiggle room to explore. We never waited more than 5 minutes for Journey. Dragons and Hippogriff were walk ons. The only line was for the Wand shop/show. Three Broomsticks was open. Butterbeer was unlimited and came from a kiosk in the center of the street.

Having never seen Diagon Alley, wwould those who have say it is larger than Hogsmeade? I think the past party held 700 and John said this year's party held 900.

I went ahead and purchased an interactive wand from the Universal site. We looked over the birthday Celtic chart to see our wand type, but decided to get a wand that symbolized family since this trip includes my sisters and Mom. This way we can start having fun with the spells, rather than waiting to go through Ollivander's.

Wow I really like this idea.

Might have to get one ordered. Wonder if they are on sale at the Universal store in the airport? I think seeing them would be fun.

For anyone who was hoping to book just the night of 12/5 at Cabana Bay, I just got a Travelocity alert and managed to book that night for $149 (plus taxes of course.)

Just a FYI, as the Universal site shows it to be unavailable, and my earlier searches at Trivago, etc. were the same.

Kathy

I couldn't listen to the entire show but I asked in chat and they said there was no news on the podcast location part of it all, but that they said there will be transportation from Disney to Universal for the party and it would cost $10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter