DECEMBER 2023 WISH dancing through the holidays

I got 84%, mostly from the reading... or the collecting of books at least.

I follow Adam Grant and get a lot out of what he says. Self-care today starts with going to see Elf, then lunch downtown. After that its making cookies and cleaning house and getting ready for the thing tomorrow... will be very glad to be done with it.

Happy Sunday everyone.

1702848762357.png

Saw that on the funny memes board and boooyyyy did it resonate.
DD has been battling a fever since Friday. After some rather high temps she seems to be coming out if it now.
Have to rethink when I am doing some pre-Christmas stuff and might result jn some of it not getting done...but eh what can you do.
Plus side meat pie is almost done :)

We saw many people at church who we haven’t seen in 20 years. Some were wonderful to see and others made me cringe, but that’s okay. I have grown a lot since then and I deal with toxic people in much healthier ways. I have also learned how to say, “no,” which really surprised someone.

My soul was well fed today by the magnificent music. I have a difficult time singing these days. My vocal cords are strained and my breathing isn’t normal. I don’t know if it’s just my asthma or permanent damage from covid. Anyway, I have been trying to sing and can’t hit any high notes and I run out of breath after one verse. It doesn’t help that I wear a mask these days. My goal was to sing one entire song. Well, I sang three! My DH started crying. My cup runneth over.

Another Monday with torrential rains, wind, and flooding. My colleague aka school daughter, is stuck in S. Carolina after attending a wedding. Her sub arrived to a dark classroom where the lights aren’t working. They were evacuated so a repairman could work on it. So many staff and students are out.

It’s Grinchmas, and I am trying to make the best of it.

Crazy rain and wind here too...at one point looking out the window made me feel like I was inside a car wash.
If there is one perk about the bridge debacle its that I've been able to be home working while DD isn't feeling well. She ended up at the Dr today and is the lucky winner of an ear infection. Had a full on meltdown in the hallway of the office...always does now during sick visits...only time she melts down. I know it's not her fault but ugh is it frustrating. Hopefully as she gets more verbal it won't happen as much. At least there is a light at the end of the fever tunnel.
Christmas prep got pushed back again as she just wanted to snuggle today so there was no lunch break wrapping. Oh well...is what it is.

IMG_0888.jpeg

Happy Tuesday!!!!

For todays topic I would love to hear what you are most looking forward to this Christmas/New Years!

Favorite tradition? Visiting someone special? Special food your looking forward to?

I am looking forward to my cookie exchange with my friends, which is Friday. It’s one day a year we all get together, with our kids and just spend a few hours all together.

Also looking forward to DDs Christmas choir on Saturday, sister in laws lasagna on Christmas Eve and spending Christmas Day with my kids!

I can’t wait to see our family ❤️

Definitely looking forward to dinner and family time at MIL's, especially since we missed Thanksgiving!! This is our "reset" holiday to put memories back to normal.

We also have a niece and her DH (who will be elsewhere Monday) stopping by our house on Saturday for lunch and games, and DS is off work! (It's rare he just randomly has a Saturday.)

And I'm looking forward to giving DS and DH a particular present (that I got each of them). It's not even their big thing, just something that will really amuse them both.

Thankful Thursday! Thankful that I have health insurance and access to healthcare when I need it. I noticed a change in a mole the other week and made a dermatologist appointment. Got a call that it is melanoma. It’s stage 0 and I am so thankful that I caught it now. Tuesday I go for the surgery to take the area around it off, which will be sent out to biopsy and the hope is that is clear. Very close monitoring for the next 2 years. I knew it was something, I could tell by the looks of it and I could just feel it in my heart that something was wrong. Just so thankful I can get my health issues addressed when I need to, sometimes we take things like that for granted!
I am so glad you went and caught it early. I had pre-carcinoma on my back shortly after having Nick. It was so scary but everything went great. I went every 6 months for checks for awhile and now I go every year. When this one was caught, I wasn't even going for that one. I didn't even know it was there. I went for one on my chest that my family doctor didn't like the way it looked. Since I was getting that checked (that one was fine), the doctor just checked my back since people usually don't look there.
Had a full on meltdown in the hallway of the office...always does now during sick visits...only time she melts down.
I understand this. Elizabeth was like this for a long time. She would be fine in the waiting room until her name was called and then would scream until the nurse left the room and then started back up when the doctor came in.
View attachment 818706

Happy Tuesday!!!!

For todays topic I would love to hear what you are most looking forward to this Christmas/New Years!

Favorite tradition? Visiting someone special? Special food your looking forward to?

I am looking forward to my cookie exchange with my friends, which is Friday. It’s one day a year we all get together, with our kids and just spend a few hours all together.

Also looking forward to DDs Christmas choir on Saturday, sister in laws lasagna on Christmas Eve and spending Christmas Day with my kids!

I can’t wait to see our family ❤️
We have lots going on. We will be going to my grandmas on Saturday (my dad's side), Jeff's family will be here for Christmas eve and then my moms on Christmas. I still have so much to do. For New Years eve we just stay home and usually have lots of snacks and a steak dinner. The next day Jeffs family usually comes over and we have pork and cabbage to eat.

I’m very much looking forward to being back at our home church for Christmas Eve which is to me the most sacred night of the Christmas season. I have so many precious memories of Christmas Eve in general, but especially there…bringing DD and her BF whose family doesn’t really have any traditions…I want them to feel the spirit of it all…the scripture readings, the music, being enveloped in candlelight. It is a charming church in a small village lit with luminarias and twinkling lights…one cannot help feeling enchanted by it all. I am looking forward to Christmas Eve at home exchanging some gifts and enjoying a steak dinner then a classic Christmas movie before bed.

Christmas morning brings family to me for the first time. I get to host my family for brunch. We haven’t seen them since last Christmas, so it will be an emotional reunion. When they leave in the late afternoon, we will have our dinner just the four of us. Then we will watch “Christmas Vacation,” our Christmas night tradition.

Last edited:
Everything went well yesterday, and recovery is also going well. I have to say tho that being out of your body for a couple hours, while people poke around, is the strangest thing. And riding the gurney down the hall to the operating room is a thrill ride I don't need to do again anytime soon.

What I'm looking forward to for Christmas... a nice long weekend for starters. I'm already taking Friday off but also thinking of adding Thursday. I'm going to enjoy driving down to my Sister's with the car full of gifts and goodies. I'll be taking the scenic route thru the mountain foothills and along Hood Canal and the weather is supposed to be pretty OK, so it'll be a nice drive. I like that we have multiple things planned, with fancy dinner out and gift opening Saturday night, then brunch and stockings Sunday morning. And I'm glad I'll be back home Christmas Eve evening. Christmas Day I'm going to go for a good long beach walk then in the afternoon I'll go see Wonka.

I was just reading an article from one of my favorite authors where she talks about celebrating Mid-winter instead of just Christmas, so the entire period between the Solstice and New Years. Thursday evening I'm going to a bonfire Solstice celebration at the fair grounds, to start things off. Then the week between Christmas and New Year's I'll spend as much time outdoors as possible to really soak up the winter vibes.

IMG_0889.jpeg
Whoooooo-hoooo into Wednesday!!! What is everyone excited for today?!

I enjoyed reading everyone’s traditions so much! Thanks for sharing them ❤️

Whoooohoooo I had my melanoma removal yesterday and it went well. Praying for good results from the biopsy!

Whoooohooooo DDs last choir rehearsal was last night! She has to be there 3pm Saturday the shows at 5pm and 7pm and then that will be it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

WooHoo-ing that the toys are all sorted at DH's Lodge!! I love getting gifts to kids, but their was a lot of back and forth between the Lodge contact and Toys for Tots this year, and the numbers and plans changed soooo many times. That particular kind of stress really unsettles me, plus I'm tired from all the running around and behind on my own stuff. But hopefully things will calm down now. :teeth:

Woohoo...I taught myself something new! If you are knitting something in the round with a small circumference you normally would use double pointed needles, which I don't particularly like. Several years ago I had purchased some circular needles with a 9 inch cable but could not get my mind and hands to deal with them because they were so dang small and tight. I've been wanting/needing to knit myself some new cuffs/fingerless gloves, so I told myself "it's OK if those dang needles make you cry, just work thru it", and I did! I've finished a new set of cuffs to wear to the Solstice Bonfire celebration and I love them.

Woohoo... for today being Friday! I am so looking forward to the long holiday weekend. This morning I was reading up on Solstice celebrations and one said to greet the sun at sunrise, so I'm going down to the beach at the fort, which faces east, in the morning. Planning on just sitting there hopefully saying "welcome back sun", if it makes an appearance... we've got fog this morning, not sure what tomorrow will bring.

OK, I have to jump ahead to my Thankfuls... the biopsy tests are all back and everything is normal! Wasn't worried about the polyps but she also took out a lesion that was more of an open question.

And while I'm at it, also thankful that I've joined our town's FB Buy Nothing group, as today I've rehomed an nice jacket and a couple groupings of yarn. I feel so much better sending things to neighbors who want them rather than dropping stuff of at GW... it just feels like GW gets so much that they can barely keep up.

View attachment 819049
Whoooooo-hoooo into Wednesday!!! What is everyone excited for today?!

I enjoyed reading everyone’s traditions so much! Thanks for sharing them ❤️

Whoooohoooo I had my melanoma removal yesterday and it went well. Praying for good results from the biopsy!

Whoooohooooo DDs last choir rehearsal was last night! She has to be there 3pm Saturday the shows at 5pm and 7pm and then that will be it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Praying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter