DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Valentine Day, may you all survive unscathed.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just enjoying a low key extended weekend around here. DS could fill in for Chip n Dale meet and great with his puffy cheeks from the wisdom teeth being yanked but he is doing good. Another chance of snow, ice, rain here today and we are supposed to go out to our favorite place for brunch but may cancel to get DD on the road back to school earlier than planned. Have a good day with the families today.

Sorry about the chipmunk, hope the cheeks and pain go away soon.

Sports day over. Mass and youth group only things on schedule today. DW and I don't go out in Valentine's Day as we both go out the day after to less crowds. There is supposed to be another snowfall tonite.

Time for more DisDad fun. Identity and location?

WP_002062.jpg

Good morning fellas. It's been a good morning here, so far. The morning started off with me building a roaring fire in the fireplace, the DW cooking up some of my home-smoked maple pepper bacon and making some homemade donuts and then some family time in front of the fire. After piddling around the house doing a few things, DS is taking a nap and I think I may do the same. Good day so far.

Mmmmmmmm.........donuts.

That's the Captain and Tennis Player at a radioactive pool, or something like that...

Correct. That's 10 points. It was in Louisville and the sign said the water had extra hydrogen or something like that. Maybe Mark remembers.

Oh that's easy ..... That's Norm!!

::yes:: :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just enjoying a low key extended weekend around here. DS could fill in for Chip n Dale meet and great with his puffy cheeks from the wisdom teeth being yanked but he is doing good. Another chance of snow, ice, rain here today and we are supposed to go out to our favorite place for brunch but may cancel to get DD on the road back to school earlier than planned. Have a good day with the families today.

I see the start of a new nickname. "Chip" "Munk"

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!
THIS IS A BROADCAST OF THE DISDADS EMERGENCY SYSTEM.

TODAY IS VALENTINES DAY

If you have not purchased a card, flowers, chocolates or do not have some event planned it is not too late!
But time is running out!
Take care of that spouse/partner/significant other/girlfriend before she takes care of you!!

image.jpeg
Behind the seeds tour. We did this one twice. Pretty cool tour.
Over the last eight years I have managed to do keys to the kingdom three times, once with a buddy of mine and twice with Briana, once before and once after she worked there. After was a little better, she point things out to me the guide don't.
We also managed to do the four park tour last May. Very cool. I'd like to do that one again in the future.

Morning Men!

We are in for a string of crazy weather up here. In day 3 of the deep freeze, -33 right now and that's the same no matter what side of the border you are on. Couple inches of snow forecasted for tomorrow morning before heating up to +8 (about 46F) and then starting to rain. Should be a fun couple of days.

Good morning fellas!

It's been a while since I was here. I figured since I just booked another trip to the World, it was time to come on back over. Woke up to 3 inches of snow this morning and had to close down the golf course. Can we fast forward to spring?

Another snow day here and am home with the dds. Regional swim meet concluded and while dd was never really in contention, she did lower her times and survived the first one. Fighting a MK park closure crowd on Main Street may be easier than the crowds at regional swim. She'll have 4 more years to try and make state cuts.

Time for DisDad picture. Who and where?

WP_002573.jpg

View attachment 151450
Over the last eight years I have managed to do keys to the kingdom three times, once with a buddy of mine and twice with Briana, once before and once after she worked there. After was a little better, she point things out to me the guide don't.
We also managed to do the four park tour last May. Very cool. I'd like to do that one again in the future.

I really want to do that tour, AK Safari Trek, and Segway tour. Now that dds are older, we can start doing those.

Good morning fellas!

It's been a while since I was here. I figured since I just booked another trip to the World, it was time to come on back over. Woke up to 3 inches of snow this morning and had to close down the golf course. Can we fast forward to spring?

If you can figure out that fast forward button, then that would be great. Check page 1 & see if your trip coincides with anyone else.

We are in for a string of crazy weather up here. In day 3 of the deep freeze, -33 right now and that's the same no matter what side of the border you are on. Couple inches of snow forecasted for tomorrow morning before heating up to +8 (about 46F) and then starting to rain. Should be a fun couple of days.

Wild weather. We had our deep freeze a couple days ago, then warmed up to -11C right now, up to -2 by tomorrow. It's the end of days!

Happy Discount Candy Day, gentlemen! Stock up for next year or treat yourself to something you didn't get.

Officially closed today because of another 3 inches of snow, but spending the day trying to fix a heater in the greenhouse. Not fun when the nearest parts are 90 minutes one way and you get the wrong parts.:headache: Could be worse, could be another having another colonoscopy. Oh yeah, that is next week.:sad2:

View attachment 151450

Behind the seeds is a great first tour. Great price point and it's a neat back stage look. I'd like to do keys to the kingdom but haven't had the chance yet. All our tour dollars go into divequest.

Good morning fellas!

We've had ice here today and it's been chilly. Should warm up by later this week though.

I really want to do that tour, AK Safari Trek, and Segway tour. Now that dds are older, we can start doing those.

If you can figure out that fast forward button, then that would be great. Check page 1 & see if your trip coincides with anyone else.
Safari trek looks neat. Everyone I know that's done it has really enjoyed it. Are the still doing the safari trek? I thought that was discontinued.

Happy Discount Candy Day, gentlemen! Stock up for next year or treat yourself to something you didn't get.

Officially closed today because of another 3 inches of snow, but spending the day trying to fix a heater in the greenhouse. Not fun when the nearest parts are 90 minutes one way and you get the wrong parts.:headache: Could be worse, could be another having another colonoscopy. Oh yeah, that is next week.:sad2:

McGyver could look after both of those problems for you with what you have on-hand.

Another snow day here and am home with the dds. Regional swim meet concluded and while dd was never really in contention, she did lower her times and survived the first one. Fighting a MK park closure crowd on Main Street may be easier than the crowds at regional swim. She'll have 4 more years to try and make state cuts.

Time for DisDad picture. Who and where?

View attachment 151475

When B. Turned 16 that's when I could take tours. Tammy never wants to go. She did do behind the seeds twice but has no interest in the rest of them.

That's NORM again!!! I believe his name is Lee? And I have no clue where you are.lol

Behind the seeds is a great first tour. Great price point and it's a neat back stage look. I'd like to do keys to the kingdom but haven't had the chance yet. All our tour dollars go into divequest.

We've had ice here today and it's been chilly. Should warm up by later this week though.

Safari trek looks neat. Everyone I know that's done it has really enjoyed it. Are the still doing the safari trek? I thought that was discontinued.
It is a great tour to get your feet wet. I got soaked!! The guide ask for a volenteer, she picked me because I didn't raise my hand.lol She took me up to one the the huge tanks with a million fish in and said it was time to feed them. Handed me a fist full of food and on the count of three, just toss the food in..... Sound harmless.
Ya, a million fish fighting for some food..... It was a tidal wave!!! Lol

I'm not really into animals, I did love the four park tour. Not cheap but it was great. I won't spoil it for anyone but if you got some extra cash, the tour is great!!! See under American adventure, the green houses, the tunnels in m.k., behind t.o.t. And costuming and where everything goes to get fixed,painted etc....

When B. Turned 16 that's when I could take tours. Tammy never wants to go. She did do behind the seeds twice but has no interest in the rest of them.

That's NORM again!!! I believe his name is Lee? And I have no clue where you are.lol

Dave is right again 10 points. We are in MK, somewhere in Fantasyland.

Do people have to be 16 to do the Epcot Seeds tour?

image.jpeg
Managed to snap this one in the car one day dropping off the kid. On the left, is the building where the monorails and trains go at night. ( sorry I missed it but you can see a little bit of monorail track lol)
About where that car is, you turn left and it will take you out by the entrance to the mk. The mk is on the right and the contemporary would be on the left.
Go straight and if you can get by the big steel ram, that will take you to the tunnel entrance.
Back over my right shoulder would be where one of the huge cm parking lots are and where they get the bus to go into the entrance of the tunnel.
If you take the train around the mk, when you get by the fantasy land expansion, keep looking through the trees, you will see the tunnel entrance.

Dave is right again 10 points. We are in MK, somewhere in Fantasyland.

Do people have to be 16 to do the Epcot Seeds tour?
Without looking, I don't recall. I don't think so.
They take you into a lab with bugs, green houses and out around the fish tanks. It's not a long tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter