DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Behind the seeds is a great first tour. Great price point and it's a neat back stage look. I'd like to do keys to the kingdom but haven't had the chance yet. All our tour dollars go into divequest.

We've had ice here today and it's been chilly. Should warm up by later this week though.

Safari trek looks neat. Everyone I know that's done it has really enjoyed it. Are the still doing the safari trek? I thought that was discontinued.
When you do take the tour, keep your hands in your pockets. Lol.
They start out on Main Street and every time he would ask a question, I had the answer. Most of us on these boards could answer the questions. Anyway. He handed me his pointer thing, his mic and said he was going to ride some rides and I could give the tour. Lol
(He knew Briana, Not sure if he would of done that normally.)
Told me to stand in the back of the group and stop being a show off!! Lol

Good Morning Guys! Great driving conditions to work today, ice and fog. So, I'll be at home today, I Really, Really, Really hate ice. (Unless it's in a glass with rum and coke)

Morning fellas! Sunday was 15 degrees when I headed out the door to church at 0600. Yesterday, woke up early because DS decided it'd be fun to get up at 0600 on my day off. It was snowing outside and we ended up with about 2 inches. This morning, head out to work, it's 60 outside and all the snow is gone. Crazy weather!

Work's gonna be crazy this week and all I can think about is out trip in November. I need to find a way to squeeze a weekend before that one.

Good Morning Guys! Great driving conditions to work today, ice and fog. So, I'll be at home today, I Really, Really, Really hate ice. (Unless it's in a glass with rum and coke)

I cleaned the snow off the car this morning in time for the rain to freeze on the windshield, crept down the hill to the main road which was slush covered, crossed the river on a frozen bridge and slowly climbed the hill to the office with a skating rink for a parking lot. Looking forward to the drive home.

It is a great tour to get your feet wet. I got soaked!! The guide ask for a volenteer, she picked me because I didn't raise my hand.lol She took me up to one the the huge tanks with a million fish in and said it was time to feed them. Handed me a fist full of food and on the count of three, just toss the food in..... Sound harmless.
Ya, a million fish fighting for some food..... It was a tidal wave!!! Lol

I'm not really into animals, I did love the four park tour. Not cheap but it was great. I won't spoil it for anyone but if you got some extra cash, the tour is great!!! See under American adventure, the green houses, the tunnels in m.k., behind t.o.t. And costuming and where everything goes to get fixed,painted etc....
I scanned the QR code thing they said it was the first time they had seen anyone do that. It had the recipe for the hydroponic fluid.

Dave is right again 10 points. We are in MK, somewhere in Fantasyland.

Do people have to be 16 to do the Epcot Seeds tour?
Nope, our kids did it when they were 8.

View attachment 151530
Managed to snap this one in the car one day dropping off the kid. On the left, is the building where the monorails and trains go at night. ( sorry I missed it but you can see a little bit of monorail track lol)
About where that car is, you turn left and it will take you out by the entrance to the mk. The mk is on the right and the contemporary would be on the left.
Go straight and if you can get by the big steel ram, that will take you to the tunnel entrance.
Back over my right shoulder would be where one of the huge cm parking lots are and where they get the bus to go into the entrance of the tunnel.
If you take the train around the mk, when you get by the fantasy land expansion, keep looking through the trees, you will see the tunnel entrance.
Thanks for sharing. I Love driving around in backstageish areas.

Happy Tuesday. Picked up an extra tennis night this week and am looking forward to it. Time for meet that dis dad. Who & where?

temporary-1421.jpg

Is that you and Phillip? At MK?

10 points for you. We were over by LTT waiting for MNSSHP.

Mmmmmm.........rum. Why is the rum always gone? Randall drank it. :lmao:

Morning fellas! Sunday was 15 degrees when I headed out the door to church at 0600. Yesterday, woke up early because DS decided it'd be fun to get up at 0600 on my day off. It was snowing outside and we ended up with about 2 inches. This morning, head out to work, it's 60 outside and all the snow is gone. Crazy weather!

Work's gonna be crazy this week and all I can think about is out trip in November. I need to find a way to squeeze a weekend before that one.

Not quite those weather extremes here, but close. Cold and snow to over 40. I'm ready to move to WDW now.

I cleaned the snow off the car this morning in time for the rain to freeze on the windshield, crept down the hill to the main road which was slush covered, crossed the river on a frozen bridge and slowly climbed the hill to the office with a skating rink for a parking lot. Looking forward to the drive home.

One word. Garage. It doesn't help anything else on your journey, but at least it takes care of that. I'm continually amazed at all the garages on the street and everyone parks in the driveway because they have so much other stuff in there.

I'm alive! :lmao: Even had the waiter test the water during dinner to make sure it wasn't poisoned!

Had a great stay at the Hilton at Virginia Beach oceanfront Sunday night. Ended up scoring a beautiful ocean view corner room on the 17th floor. Here's the view from the balcony:

0214161629b.jpg

Could even see King Neptune from there:
0214161629d.jpg

Then this view from the side:
0214161629.jpg

We had no idea the forecast called for snow! This is the view we woke up to... quite the change from the day before:

0215160721a.jpg

In all it was a great getaway and the folks at the Hilton were awesome! Definitely recommend this place for anyone planning to visit the beach.

Oh... and it was much longer than 3 minutes :coffee:

Holy crap! Go for the sand, and you get snow!

How many people did you see swimming that morning? There had to be at least a few idiots out there.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Amazingly enough, there were no fools in the water. We did see about a dozen or so people walking the shoreline though.

That reminds me... this hotel has an infinity pool on the rooftop, exposed to the elements. It had started forming a sheet of ice! So naturally I had to feel what Carl is about to expose himself to once again this year in the polar plunge. I now have a new respect for what he does every hour for 24 hours! :cold: He's crazy.

I promptly then jumped into the steaming hot tub a few feet away. And I must say, it was the hottest hot tub I'd ever been in! Felt like 120 degrees at least. Horrible picture, but every time I pulled my hand out of the hot tub I had steam pouring from it. I think it was about 20 degrees at that time.
0214161834.jpg

Amazingly enough, there were no fools in the water. We did see about a dozen or so people walking the shoreline though.

That reminds me... this hotel has an infinity pool on the rooftop, exposed to the elements. It had started forming a sheet of ice! So naturally I had to feel what Carl is about to expose himself to once again this year in the polar plunge. I now have a new respect for what he does every hour for 24 hours! :cold: He's crazy.

I promptly then jumped into the steaming hot tub a few feet away. And I must say, it was the hottest hot tub I'd ever been in! Felt like 120 degrees at least. Horrible picture, but every time I pulled my hand out of the hot tub I had steam pouring from it. I think it was about 20 degrees at that time.
0214161834.jpg

That water MUST have been cold. Turned your hand blue. I don't even want to know what it did to other body parts...

I'm alive! :lmao: Even had the waiter test the water during dinner to make sure it wasn't poisoned!

Had a great stay at the Hilton at Virginia Beach oceanfront Sunday night. Ended up scoring a beautiful ocean view corner room on the 17th floor. Here's the view from the balcony:

0214161629b.jpg

0214161629d.jpg

0214161629.jpg

We had no idea the forecast called for snow! This is the view we woke up to... quite the change from the day before:

0215160721a.jpg

In all it was a great getaway and the folks at the Hilton were awesome! Definitely recommend this place for anyone planning to visit the beach.

Glad you had a good time. Was wondering if you made it through the weekend safely. Good to see that you did!

Saw the picture you posted on FB and thought you were at the Hilton Oceanfront. Nice place, stayed there a year or so ago when the DW and I attended a gala. Yeah, I think the weather caught everyone by surprise.

I'm ready to move to WDW now.

Aren't we all... aren't we all....

One word. Garage. It doesn't help anything else on your journey, but at least it takes care of that. I'm continually amazed at all the garages on the street and everyone parks in the driveway because they have so much other stuff in there.

::yes::

True story.
My Dad's been a construction worker/carpenter/contractor since forever and a day.
He's always bringing home stuff that "he can use in other projects".
Our house had a un-attached garage with an attached structure we called "the summer house"
(no idea why, really)
So. The garage is full of stuff. So is the summer house. So is an attached fenced in area beside the garage. So is the shed he built in the backyard. My mom put her foot down years ago. She demanded space for the car.

So now the house has an attached garage in front of the old garage where she parks her car.
Don't get me wrong, the new garage has stuff in it too, but Dad left enough room for Mom's car.

Just.

Here's the view from the balcony:

Nice! Those waves are pretty big considering you're 17 stories up.

eep! ya don't wanna see that crap on vacation.

I would hardly call three and a half minutes "much" longer. Especially when you consider that the first three minutes was foreplay (aka "Hang on, I'm trying to get my shoes off.")

every time I pulled my hand out of the hot tub I had steam pouring from it. I think it was about 20 degrees at that time.
0214161834.jpg

That water MUST have been cold. Turned your hand blue. I don't even want to know what it did to other body parts...

What he said.

NOTE: Typed this morning just forgot to hit post ......... Duh
Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice extended weekend and now back to lots of insanity. Not sure how that many things went wacko over

I too am not a fan of ice on these dang hilly and winding roads, unless in a rock glass covered by Makers. Safe travels to you both.

Last edited:
Not sure I like the sounds of this.............. Shanghai Disney is behind schedule and over budget so those that had nothing to do with either get the short end of the deal including DL & WDW customers. I deal with this type of thing on a fairly regular basis but thought WDW & DL would be exempt from this considering Strong domestic performance resulted in 22% operating income growth at Parks and Resorts......................
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/02/break...ncial-strangle-hold-on-domestic-disney-parks/

I left this morning at 2:30 and it was already turning to slush. We had more flooding than anything this morning.

0214161629b.jpg

0214161629d.jpg

0214161629.jpg

0215160721a.jpg

Haaay!!! Don !!!! Glad to see you made it through. Hope you made us proud! Lol

I scanned the QR code thing they said it was the first time they had seen anyone do that. It had the recipe for the hydroponic fluid.

Nope, our kids did it when they were 8.

Thanks for sharing. I Love driving around in backstageish areas.
I didn't want to post this, I'm not telling anyone to do it but if you get to the light where the buses turn left into the mk and you go straight, there is no guard or anything to stop you.
But I didn't say that. Lol

More snow here, although it seems like it is melting fast enough. Oldest dd is 14 going on hormone right now. Can I ship her away for a few years until this crap ends? I blame her mother.

Anyway, more fun with disdad pictures.

temporary-1503.jpg

0214161629b.jpg

0214161629d.jpg

0214161629.jpg

0215160721a.jpg

Saw that snow beach picture on FB. That is a terrific view. And, congrats on going for more than 3 minutes. :lmao:

0214161834.jpg

Perhaps that hand lasted longer than 3 minutes? :lmao:

Aren't we all... aren't we all....

::yes::

True story.
My Dad's been a construction worker/carpenter/contractor since forever and a day.
He's always bringing home stuff that "he can use in other projects".
Our house had a un-attached garage with an attached structure we called "the summer house"
(no idea why, really)
So. The garage is full of stuff. So is the summer house. So is an attached fenced in area beside the garage. So is the shed he built in the backyard. My mom put her foot down years ago. She demanded space for the car.

So now the house has an attached garage in front of the old garage where she parks her car.
Don't get me wrong, the new garage has stuff in it too, but Dad left enough room for Mom's car.

Just.

Nice! Those waves are pretty big considering you're 17 stories up.

eep! ya don't wanna see that crap on vacation.

I would hardly call three and a half minutes "much" longer. Especially when you consider that the first three minutes was foreplay (aka "Hang on, I'm trying to get my shoes off.")

What he said.

A garage in front of the garage. Bravo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter