Cruising Into February 2024 Exercise Thread

Yay me for turning Wonder Orange!

While the Magic is decorated in Art Deco style, the Wonder is decorated in Art Nouveau style. According to DCL,
Art Deco is "characterized by geometric designs and bold, solid colors," while Art Nouveau "features organic influences and curved patterns."

Today's trivia question: DCL's ships play the opening notes of what song on their horns?

When You Wish Upon a Star

Today's trivia, from DCL: "In a cruise industry first, most staterooms on Disney ships feature a split “bath-and-a-half” design, providing families the added convenience of a sink and tub/shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room."

When we were on the Disney Wonder, we found this to be an interesting twist. We don't have kids, so it wasn't as useful a concept for us. But it was nice to have the two sinks at times!

Congratulations to CarolineBowmanFan37, ShannyMcB, and the TEAM for turning Wonder Orange!

Another of the innovations Disney brought to cruising was the rotational dining system. Guests eat in different themed restaurants each night, with their serving team moving right along with them.

One of the more interesting restaurants on the first four DCL ships is Animator's Palate. The room starts in black and white and brightens with colors as the meal progresses. Guests get a chance to become an artist as well.

Today's trivia, from DCL: "Onboard both the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, there are about 950 crew members representing more than 86 different nationalities. That is approximately one crew member for every three guests."

Also, every DCL ship has a statue of an iconic Disney character in the atrium. Do you know whose statues are on the Magic and the Wonder?

I'm finally posting minutes! I was procrastinating at the beginning of the month, then I got sick and didn't have any minutes to add. But I've gone back and tallied everything. I had 165 minutes before I got sick, and today, I walked, danced, Chloe Tinged, and yoga'd for 135 minutes to help get me caught back up. Whew.
+300
300/650

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for jumping in at Wonder Orange and to Twilight Sparkle and me for turning Dream Purple!

For more than a decade after the Wonder launched, DCL was a two-ship line. Then, in 2011, DCL launched its third ship, the Disney Dream. The first ship of the Dream class, it is 1,115 feet long and has a maximum capacity of 4,000 passengers, with a crew of 1,458. Like the Magic, the Dream is decorated in Art Deco style.

What character graces the stern of the Dream?

And what character will you find in the atrium?

Last edited:
I have been exercising, but somehow let this thread get buried and need to catch up on posts:

Mon-2/5 - 20
Tue-2/6 - 0
Wed-2/7 - 20
Thu-2/8 - 30
Fri-2/9 - 25
Sat-2/10 - 0
Sun-2/11 - 20
Mon-2/12 - 20
Tue-2/13 - 70
Wed-2/14 - 0
Thu-2/15 - 25
--------------------
Total New Minutes = 230
New Cumulative Total = 310/500

Neat trivia so far!!

Last night we stayed in a hotel in Ft. Worth because Charles had an early doctor's appointment over here, so I did 10 quiet minutes of a Growwithjo video in the bathroom while Charles slept in the other room, plus 20 minutes of bedtime yoga in the bed. Lol. This morning, I took a 40 minute walk to occupy me while Charles is having his MRI. Still waiting as I post this. 😵‍💫
370/650

Congratulations to PollyannaMom and Elizabeth Smith for turning Dream Purple! And they pushed the TEAM to Dream Purple as well.

One feature unique to DCL is fireworks at sea. The line offers a "Pirates IN the Caribbean" theme night which features pirate dress, pirate menus, and a show on deck that ends with a fireworks show.

I can’t resist a costume opportunity. Here are me and DH with our pirate friend on the Wonder.

IMG_5428.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter