Come on Estoppel!!!!

Congratulations! Did you receive your member number in the mail? Previous posts had stated it was taking almost 3 weeks after the deed was recorded. We are also waiting after recording on Oct 2. Thanks for posting your update.
I bet you're in the system. Call member services and tell them you want to book but don't have your member number handy. Sending pixie dust your way ☺️

I swear this process is never going to end! The title company says they're waiting on documents from the lender....Waiting on estoppel since we passed ROFR on September 8th!!

I swear this process is never going to end! The title company says they're waiting on documents from the lender....Waiting on estoppel since we passed ROFR on September 8th!!
What lender are you using? We used monera financial and our title company had everything a couple days after passing ROFR

We used monera too. They were super quick. Our loan is pretty small. We didn't need a credit check or anything. Maybe that's the difference?

I just sent them an email. Our loan is well under $30k and we already had the commitment to finance, so I don't know what's going on.

That's crazy. We got our closing papers to sign yesterday and they had the wrong amount of the loan on it. I forwarded them to our contact at Monera and had new/correct closing documents within an hour.

Would anyone have any data how long *** is taking from Estoppel to sending closing documents? We've been really lucky so far but I'm hearing *** is taking 35 days from Estoppel date to e-mail closing. Does anyone have any experience?
Offer accepted 9/24
ROFR waived 10/5
Estoppel Received 10/6
Waiting for closing Docs...

Would anyone have any data how long *** is taking from Estoppel to sending closing documents? We've been really lucky so far but I'm hearing *** is taking 35 days from Estoppel date to e-mail closing. Does anyone have any experience?
Offer accepted 9/24
ROFR waived 10/5
Estoppel Received 10/6
Waiting for closing Docs...

We are using *** and I'm sad to say, we passed ROFR 37 days ago and we're still waiting on closing docs :(

Yuck... Is their any mortgage associated with the property you are buying? Seller doesn't have a mortgage with this one so I'm hoping it will be faster.
Is *** adding any staff to help with bottleneck?

Received an email yesterday that we should have our closing documents by sometime next week. We passed ROFR on Sept. 24. As I'll be leaving for a 2 week trip next Friday to Disney, I'd hoped to have all of this wrapped up by then.
Can someone that's been through this before walk me through the process once I get my closing papers? What happens next?
Thank you!

Yuck... Is their any mortgage associated with the property you are buying? Seller doesn't have a mortgage with this one so I'm hoping it will be faster.
Is *** adding any staff to help with bottleneck?

I have two contracts waiting for *** to close and both are cash deals with free and clear titles and domestic parties that passed ROFR in mid and late September. It's been no faster for me. I was told yesterday that they are still working on closings where estoppels were received two weeks prior to mine. That puts the typical time-frame from ROFR to closing at well over 40 days. I say "typical" because there have been some that have closed much faster for some reason.

We passed ROFR on 9/25 and received our closing documents on 10/13. They sent an email with all the documents attached. You print them out and sign the closing statement. The closing statement has to be mailed back with a cashiers check or money order. After that, you sit and wait some more.

We passed ROFR on 9/25 and received our closing documents on 10/13. They sent an email with all the documents attached. You print them out and sign the closing statement. The closing statement has to be mailed back with a cashiers check or money order. After that, you sit and wait some more.
Sign the closing papers, mail in with check. So then you'll have to wait on the membership number? Is that right?

Sign the closing papers, mail in with check. So then you'll have to wait on the membership number? Is that right?

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Slow them horses down, missy! (J/K!) There's a whole lotta waitin' steps you're missin':

1. Sign the closing papers, mail in with check.
2. Wait impatiently for word that the title company received yours and sellers' closing docs.
3. Wait impatiently for title company to process closing docs and close the contract.
3A. If you're using TT&M as your title company, you'll be forced to wait impatiently as they go back to Disney AGAIN to re-verify points and any unpaid MFs.
4. Wait impatiently for title company to record deed with Orange County and for said recorded deed to actually show up on the OCC search site.
5. Wait impatiently for Disney to receive documentation on closing and transfer of title.
6. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail you your membership letter.
7. Wait impatiently on hold after you call Disney to get your activation code and have your online account set up.
8. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail your member cards and DVC car magnets in a separate, later mailing (WTH? Why not just send it with the member number in the first mailing?)
9. Wait impatiently for points to magically appear in your DVC account!
10. Jump and dance for joy...
11. Wait impatiently for your first vacation as a DVC owner!

Last edited:
For the record, I'm still waiting impatiently on Step #5!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter