Come on Estoppel!!!!

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Slow them horses down, missy! (J/K!) There's a whole lotta waitin' steps you're missin':

1. Sign the closing papers, mail in with check.
2. Wait impatiently for word that the title company received yours and sellers' closing docs.
3. Wait impatiently for title company to process closing docs and close the contract.
3A. If you're using TT&M as your title company, you'll be forced to wait impatiently as they go back to Disney AGAIN to re-verify points and any unpaid MFs.
4. Wait impatiently for title company to record deed with Orange County and for said recorded deed to actually show up on the OCC search site.
5. Wait impatiently for Disney to receive documentation on closing and transfer of title.
6. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail you your membership letter.
7. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail your DVC account activation code in a separate, later mailing (WTHeck?)
8. Wait impatiently for points to magically appear in your DVC account!
9. Jump and dance for joy...
10. Wait impatiently for your first vacation as a DVC owner!

I love that! When you magically update all the DVC threads, that needs to be post #1 on each thread. Then you can bold the points that apply to that thread.

We aren't using TT&M so we get to skip step 3A. I guess we're on step 2 now. Our sellers are in the UK so I'm expecting it to take a little longer.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Slow them horses down, missy! (J/K!) There's a whole lotta waitin' steps you're missin':

2. Wait impatiently for word that the title company received yours and sellers' closing docs.
3. Wait impatiently for title company to process closing docs and close the contract.
3A. If you're using TT&M as your title company, you'll be forced to wait impatiently as they go back to Disney AGAIN to re-verify points and any unpaid MFs.
4. Wait impatiently for title company to record deed with Orange County and for said recorded deed to actually show up on the OCC search site.
5. Wait impatiently for Disney to receive documentation on closing and transfer of title.
7. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail your DVC account activation code in a separate, later mailing (WTHeck?)

I am on step 3.... received word they have all closing documents and just waiting to close.

Would anyone have any data how long *** is taking from Estoppel to sending closing documents? We've been really lucky so far but I'm hearing *** is taking 35 days from Estoppel date to e-mail closing. Does anyone have any experience?
Offer accepted 9/24
ROFR waived 10/5
Estoppel Received 10/6
Waiting for closing Docs...
6 1/2 weeks for us :(

RobbW...
I have a correction for you because Step 7 does not happen!!! You will not get a second mailing with an activation code. Once you receive your letter with membership number (step 6), you call the number for member services and they walk you through setting up your online account and give you an activation code over the phone. You will then be fre to use your points!! The seperate mailing they send you will include your membership cards and points book and.....wait for it..........
2 DVC magnets for your car.

Stuck on #3. Was told earlier this morning it should be by Monday, just got an email it should close by Wednesday.

At this point it doesn't matter, we seems to have extended waits at each step. I was hoping to get an AP at the DVC rate for our trip at the end of the month, thats not happening. Hopefully we close in time for our December trip and I'll do it then.

RobbW...
I have a correction for you because Step 7 does not happen!!! You will not get a second mailing with an activation code. Once you receive your letter with membership number (step 6), you call the number for member services and they walk you through setting up your online account and give you an activation code over the phone. You will then be fre to use your points!! The seperate mailing they send you will include your membership cards and points book and.....wait for it..........
2 DVC magnets for your car.

My most sincere apologies! I have edited my post with your corrections. I'm only on step #5 at the moment. So, I'm not intimately familiar with the remaining steps! ;-)

7. Wait impatiently on hold after you call Disney to get your activation code and have your online account set up.
8. Wait impatiently for Disney to mail your member cards and DVC car magnets in a separate, later mailing (WTH? Why not just send it with the member number in the first mailing?)
9. Wait impatiently for points to magically appear in your DVC account!
10. Jump and dance for joy...
11. Wait impatiently for your first vacation as a DVC owner!

Well we are using TT&M so I guess it means wait, wait and then wait some more!! If they don't get the closing papers to me before next Friday, they will be the ones waiting on me to get back from vacation to send the check!!

I passed ROFR on September 23rd. I just heard from TT&M that I won't close until the "on or before" date on my contract which is not until December. That date is 100 days from signing the contract and 77 after passing ROFR, and then I probably won't get my points until next year. If this is the case, I am very disappointed.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us expect it to be fast. I do think most of us reasonably expect our resale contracts to close by the "close by" date in the contract. That's a little extreme in the slowness department.

I don't think any of us expect it to be fast. I do think most of us reasonably expect our resale contracts to close by the "close by" date in the contract. That's a little extreme in the slowness department.
My close by date on the contract I believe was yesterday....

I dont know what I did to get so lucky but I'm closing today.
Sent to ROFR 9/15
Passed 9/28
Closing docs. 10/5
Returned docs. 10/13
Closing 10/16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter