Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Well, I finally got through after a 30+ min wait. The agent assured me there is no expiry. I did the purchase by phone and did not have to give names (other than my own plus my full mailing address, phone number, and email address). However, all I was given is a verbal confirmation number, which does make me a little nervous. He said he could not do any email confirmation from his department. He advised me to input the verbal confirmation number into my MDE - so I could see the tickets and the entitlements for myself. I prefer not to do that just to make sure the tickets are not linked to my account (I don't want to take any chances of the tickets not being able to be transferred if I wish).

When I go to Will Call (I will be in Orlando for a planned trip in August - using different tickets), I have to bring the confirmation number, the original credit card used to make the purchase, and our Cdn passports. He said I would then receive physical tickets and will not have to assign the tickets to specific names (I have my doubts about that as I have a feeling the names will be matched to our passports).

Oh - he could NOT have the tickets shipped - they have to be picked up at Will Call.

Update: I called again today and had no issues getting my confirmation emailed to me. It was a very basic receipt without any instructions (so not a voucher with terms and conditions that others have mentioned). I am satisfied though. I will pick up my physical tickets when I am there in August this year and then hang on to them for a few years until I am ready to use them.)

1. The "Dec 31/17 or 18" must use by dates are an error. There is NO expiry on these tickets, there never has been, and never will be.
2. The deal has been extended until May 20th. So, until May 20th, Canadian residents can purchase tickets at a (now 32% discount) that will not expire.

Wow thanks for the info. The Canadian ticket deal is make or break for me as well. The last few trips we have cut our park visits back from close to 10 park days down to 2 and now just 1 park day per visit, and we have been thinking about cutting that from 1 park day to 0. We love Disney's Riverside Resort, and my children are happy with just swimming there every day. Riverside resort prices have been going up steadily over the years, as have food prices at Disney (no more Crystal Palace for us which for dinner with tip can go over $300 Canadian), but for us staying at a Disney resort is #1 so we have to forego the expensive Disney theme parks to stay at Riverside. I have a family of 5, so park passes are a huge chunk of money for us: the regular prices of theme park passes for 10 days would total $3,000 Canadian dollars for us, just for the parks. I think for many people, $3,000 would be the total budget for a family vacation, but in the case of a Disney trip than can just be the cost of theme park tickets. With the current Disney ticket deal for Canadians, it feels like we may be able to have one "last hurrah" at the theme parks.

P.S. My icon/avatar is Sam the Eagle with a USA flag background, but I'm commenting on this Canadian ticket deal because I am Canadian.

Last edited:
I read the first few pages of this thread a while ago and I can't recall if I've read it this, but are there in and out privileges for this ticket? As in can we go to one park on day one, leave, then come back to the same park in the evening using only one day of the ticket?

I read the first few pages of this thread a while ago and I can't recall if I've read it this, but are there in and out privileges for this ticket? As in can we go to one park on day one, leave, then come back to the same park in the evening using only one day of the ticket?
Yes that's the way all the tickets work. As long as you are going back to the same park after your break you are fine. The only time that may not work would be if they were doing a phased closure due to crowd capacity. And that is very rare, has other phases and rules attached to it, and only occurs during times like Christmas.

Yes that's the way all the tickets work. As long as you are going back to the same park after your break you are fine. The only time that may not work would be if they were doing a phased closure due to crowd capacity. And that is very rare, has other phases and rules attached to it, and only occurs during times like Christmas.

Perfect, thanks for your reply!

Wow thanks for the info. The Canadian ticket deal is make or break for me as well. The last few trips we have cut our park visits back from close to 10 park days down to 2 and now just 1 park day per visit, and we have been thinking about cutting that from 1 park day to 0. We love Disney's Riverside Resort, and my children are happy with just swimming there every day. Riverside resort prices have been going up steadily over the years, as have food prices at Disney (no more Crystal Palace for us which for dinner with tip can go over $300 Canadian), but for us staying at a Disney resort is #1 so we have to forego the expensive Disney theme parks to stay at Riverside. I have a family of 5, so park passes are a huge chunk of money for us: the regular prices of theme park passes for 10 days would total $3,000 Canadian dollars for us, just for the parks. I think for many people, $3,000 would be the total budget for a family vacation, but in the case of a Disney trip than can just be the cost of theme park tickets. With the current Disney ticket deal for Canadians, it feels like we may be able to have one "last hurrah" at the theme parks.

P.S. My icon/avatar is Sam the Eagle with a USA flag background, but I'm commenting on this Canadian ticket deal because I am Canadian.

I can totally understand what you are saying. Our trips have changed dramatically (with rising costs being a major component). We chose to go the other route, which is keeping our park days but moving offsite. We save money, get more space, and cut costs a great deal by having a kitchen for snacks and breakfasts and finger foods etc. We were huge Port Orleans Riverside fans too. So while we have chosen a different vacation option, it looks like we are all trying to save money to still be able to go as often. The rising prices coupled with our lousy dollar have really forced me to look at things differently.

Okay, I'm getting ready to make my purchase. It gives me the option to pick up tickets at Will Call, or to ship them?? I have a US shipping address, so I can send them there? What happens whne we actually get to Disney? Do we still have to go to guest services to activate them?

Okay, I'm getting ready to make my purchase. It gives me the option to pick up tickets at Will Call, or to ship them?? I have a US shipping address, so I can send them there? What happens whne we actually get to Disney? Do we still have to go to guest services to activate them?
It doesn't matter how you get these discounted tickets, you will still need to go to a guest service somewhere to "activate them" you need to show proof of citizenship. Our kids all had the discounted tickets attached to the package reservations in January (didn't ask for this to happen, it just did and made the stay-play-dine offer even cheaper) and they all needed to show proper ID before they could enter a park.

I can totally understand what you are saying. Our trips have changed dramatically (with rising costs being a major component). We chose to go the other route, which is keeping our park days but moving offsite. We save money, get more space, and cut costs a great deal by having a kitchen for snacks and breakfasts and finger foods etc. We were huge Port Orleans Riverside fans too. So while we have chosen a different vacation option, it looks like we are all trying to save money to still be able to go as often. The rising prices coupled with our lousy dollar have really forced me to look at things differently.

I have considered doing what you are doing: staying offsite and using the savings to keep visiting the parks. It is a tempting option and we may do that sometime. One thing that makes me hesitate is the increasing urban crime and violence in many of the cities of the now-almost-former Western Civilization. I like Disney Security and I feel more comfortable with my family in that Disney security bubble, including when we walk around Riverside in the evenings. But maybe my concern is excesssive, and sometimes offsite resort prices are tempting, so if my family wants a trip heavy on theme parks we may have to someday stay offsite. If the Canadian dollar falls further after its recent pause, our options will be limited even further. We have even considered switching from Riverside to the campsites at Fort Wilderness to save a lot of money but still be on Disney property, though for my wife to go for that we would have to buy at least a pop-up camper as she doesn't want to sleep in a tent, which I understand even though I wouldn't mind. But who knows - maybe a few years from now, campsites at Fort Wilderness will match today's prices at Riverside. I'll have to find more ways to make/save money!

*** offer has been extended till May 20th 2017***

@momof2gr8kids can you edit the title of this thread to include that date? That should be of interest to several people!

Awesome to see this is official now! Now I'm wondering if the Air Miles offer will be extended until May too, and if so if I should keep saving for another set of 7-day Disney tickets or spend my miles on Universal tickets...:scratchin

Awesome to see this is official now! Now I'm wondering if the Air Miles offer will be extended until May too, and if so if I should keep saving for another set of 7-day Disney tickets or spend my miles on Universal tickets...:scratchin

I was just wondering the exact same thing! We may be just short this month to get a 5 day (figures Murphy's law) but would have enough by March if they extended the offer.

Ordered 4x 4 day tickets on the weekend! I had originally planned on going down and staying at our DVC and doing no parks but with that offer, how could I pass it up?

When I calculate the discount it seems to slightly more then 25% is this a glitch?
No glitch, our realized discount is closer to 32% now that the tickets prices for the general public increased. Disney just hasn't updated the offer details.

Just chatted online with Airmiles, she said she was going to send in a request about it and said if Disney is extending the offer, they most likely will too. Guess we have a few more days to wait. Hope they extend it! :flower:

great idea! i hadn't thought about putting in a request, but i hope it turns out positively. i think i'm going to just keep saving and see how close to another set of disney passes i can get--universal ones aren't on any kind of special deal right now, so disney seems like the best value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter