Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

For what it's worth, while Disney is downright crappy at ensuring that their employees are informed of and consistently communicating and applying the latest policies, they are usually pretty good about making their errors right.

I had an issue with APs, which was absolutely my own fault but was heavily influenced by some incorrect information conveyed by Cast Members and repeated here. I sent an email about it a couple of days ago, and was invited to call them to discuss further. So tonight I called and politely explained the situation, including my own stupid mistake, and asked if anything might be done. I was rewarded with a stern lecture not to rely on information on third party websites (I didn't bother to point out that I might have just as easily gotten the incorrect information directly from a CM myself), an admonishment to always check their website or call (because their website is always accurate, right? :rotfl:), and a "just this one time" offer to resolve the issue (yay!).

So again, it is probable that these tickets will be honoured indefinitely, including the ones that were purchased over the past few days, and probably even any that are purchased in the next week or so, even if they do impose an expiry date going forward. But if I was still looking at buying these, at this point I think I'd wait a bit and see how it settles out. They'll probably get their message straight eventually. I hope.

I checked the prices early this morning and while the prices are the same, it has a Dec 2018 expiry date instead of the 2016, 2017 and beyond but still shows Dec 2017 date when you add to cart.

I checked the prices early this morning and while the prices are the same, it has a Dec 2018 expiry date instead of the 2016, 2017 and beyond but still shows Dec 2017 date when you add to cart.

I still see "2016, 2017 and beyond" (and the Dec 2017 date at the check out).

I do see a Dec 2018 expiry date now for the 4 park ticket offer. So much conflicting information, I wish they would get their story straight before I plunk down $1000 worth of tickets !

I noticed the regular priced tickets you have to have a park hopper option before adding WP&M. A 6 day w/ water park option regular priced is now $511. The Canadian Offer is $334. I hope to god they change the dates back to "and beyond". It does still show that on the front page. Tempted to email and get something in writing they would honour the "and beyond" then snatch up 4 tickets. That's a big price difference.

I just chatted with CM, and she said that the 2017 expiry (first use) is WRONG, they are working to fix it, and that the Canadian tickets purchased toward forward, do not expire. She did not know anything about a May extension.
I still won't be purchasing until there is far more consistence and confirmation. I did take a screen shot of our conversation, but still... This is make or break for us. Without this Canadian deal, we won't be going back to Disney.

I still see "2016, 2017 and beyond" (and the Dec 2017 date at the check out).

I do see a Dec 2018 expiry date now for the 4 park ticket offer. So much conflicting information, I wish they would get their story straight before I plunk down $1000 worth of tickets !

On my phone, I definitely don't see the 2016, 2017 and beyond. It now says Dec 2017 expiry. I'll look on my pc when I get home.

We are planning on going in 2018. If for some reason the tickets do expire Dec 31, 2017, when/how would we discover that? When we're making fast passes or when we're trying to get into the park?

Or would it say something on MDE once it hit 2018?

Last edited:
upload_2017-2-12_13-10-13.png

Just took this screen shot of the Terms and Conditions which are now showing up on the Disney Website under the Canadian offer. First use must be by December 31,2018. For those traveling before the end of 2018 hopefully this clarifies things.

The actual ticket order page still says December 31,2017 but armed with this screen shot you should be good to go.

So, I just called Disney as well about the Canadian ticket option and what I was told is:

1. The "Dec 31/17 or 18" must use by dates are an error. There is NO expiry on these tickets, there never has been, and never will be.
2. The deal has been extended until May 20th. So, until May 20th, Canadian residents can purchase tickets at a (now 32% discount) that will not expire.

So I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

I just purchase 4 tickets for my family. I'm not sure if we are going in 2017 or 2018. My youngest is 2 1/2 and will be 3 in 2018. Are each tickets independent for the 14 days rule? Because if we go in 2017 i will not need any ticket for my youngest and i want to make sure I don't loose her ticket and that I will be able to use it for an other trip eventually.

For what it's worth, I just chatted with an agent on the Disney website who also said these Canadian tickets do not expire until after first use.

I then asked if that will be the case for the remaining duration of the offer, and he said yes.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the offer stays the same (old prices, no expiry) until the end of February, and then it gets extended until May with the new prices and expiring tickets.

Edit: reading mshannon's last post, maybe they remain non-expiring after February. Either way good news for us.

So, I just called Disney as well about the Canadian ticket option and what I was told is:

1. The "Dec 31/17 or 18" must use by dates are an error. There is NO expiry on these tickets, there never has been, and never will be.
2. The deal has been extended until May 20th. So, until May 20th, Canadian residents can purchase tickets at a (now 32% discount) that will not expire.

So I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Don't trust it if it's not in writing. Take a screen shot or something to prove your case if need be. CM's have been known to get things wrong in the past.

Don't trust it if it's not in writing. Take a screen shot or something to prove your case if need be. CM's have been known to get things wrong in the past.

Definitely. I took a screen shot, however, all "Must be used by dates" have now been removed from the website.

I think we're okay now. All correspondences with Disney say the same thing, and the blurb about expiring tickets has been removed from the Canadian tickets page.

Quite the roller coaster we've been riding. Way scarier than the Tower of Terror. I still think I'm buying tomorrow. Want this done and I've got the cash.

I wil say that our AP days are over. Dh and I had a long talk this morning. We'd planned on buying APs for our October and January trips. But they would run about $4000 Cdn. We've decided to make October a no park trip and we will buy base tickets (probably 8 day for January). We are dvc members but I see us spending less time in the parks. We just can't justify the cost anymore. It wasn't that many years ago that we got premier annual passes for $199 a piece. They even included water parks. It was probably 2011 or so.

So, I chatted with a CM online today to get reassurance that my purchase of CanRes tickets yesterday would not have "first use by" expiry.

At FIRST, she said YES they WOULD of Dec 31, 2017 because they were promo tickets ... she did also adde that if first use didn't happen by then, the value could be used towards purchase of a new ticket.

When I said that her reply was contradictory to what other Canadians had been told yesterday, and that the marketing had said they wouldn't expire, she asked to put me on hold while she got clarification (with a supervisor I presume). A few minutes later, came back with the "the info online is wrong, it's a known issue, they WON'T expire" response others have been getting.

She gave me a number for ticketing I can call to follow up. I opted to just email instead to request "official" confirmation ... if that goes nowher, I'll call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter