Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just wondering about others experiences with Walt Disney World Parks/Special Afterhours Events and any extra Paid events you have been to.

I have been to the Parks enough to be more of a park tourist than a Ride/ Activity/ Dining tourist.

I am actually dreading (ok a bit strong but not excited or looking forward to it) going next year and wonder if your touring style has changed?

I am willing to pay a bit more but also want it to be worth it.

Thoughts?

Thanks Mel

Last edited:
Well, no surprise to me, my scan for the cheese didn't work LOL I had to submit an inquiry for it AND the 25 miles for the scan. In my missing miles inquiry, I forgot to include the actual 3 miles for the cheese lol This program is so effing annoying.

Came here and saw all the cheese being denied…so just checked and I actually got the 3AM for my cheese, now to wait for the 25+75AM.

Does it depend on who is actually reviewing the receipts, I wonder why some aren’t getting it.

I think my Cheddar inquiries posted so quickly was partly because I shopped and had the inquiries in the queue before 10am yesterday. They will get to the others and you will all get credited with the purchase. That or there will be a huge revolt online.

I'm finding it quite tricky to keep up with what is posting to my account(s). I'm glad everyone posts when they notice something new. I immediately go and check my account and update things on the spreadsheet. Not sure what I'm going to do to figure things out when I'm away for a week. (I'll probably hop on here and take notes then confirm #'s when I get home to my laptop.)

Just wondering about others experiences with Walt Disney World Parks/Special Afterhours Events and any extra Paid events you have been to.

I have been to the Parks enough to be more of a park tourist than a Ride/ Activity/ Dining tourist.

I am actually dreading (ok a bit strong but not excited or looking forward to it) going next year and wonder if your touring style has changed?

Thoughts?

Thanks Mel
Wont be doing any paid after hours events, but since no kids,,,,we are doing Divequest, Keys to kingdom and Savour the savanna. So I will update you on those when back.
Our touring style will defiantly change this time,,,,just wander, enjoy, no rush. Part of the joy of knowing we will be back and do it then if we dont do it now.
Only book 2 dinners, Rose and Crown for the seating and Nacoossee for the 1st time to try.

Wont be doing any paid after hours events, but since no kids,,,,we are doing Divequest, Keys to kingdom and Savour the savanna. So I will update you on those when back.
Our touring style will defiantly change this time,,,,just wander, enjoy, no rush. Part of the joy of knowing we will be back and do it then if we dont do it now.
Only book 2 dinners, Rose and Crown for the seating and Nacoossee for the 1st time to try.
Hi Mort
I'd love to hear how your adventure goes.
Have a Wonderful holiday!
Hugs Mel

Anyone else having issues trying to log into Airmiles this morning. I keep getting a 502 error when I click on my bookmarked link.

Just my laptop, app still works. Off to resolve this.

Anyone else having issues trying to log into Airmiles this morning. I keep getting a 502 error when I click on my bookmarked link.

Just my laptop, app still works. Off to resolve this.
Yup just got the same error message. I am not near my phone so can't try the app to see if it is working or not.

Thoughts?

Thanks Mel
We have done lots of the special events. Has our touring style changed? I would have to say…no not much. Up until recently I would say that we have always viewed the events as an opportunity to get in a lot of rides in short order without crowds. We always make sure to get some of the special food items and take in some of the special entertainment (if there is any). Now, the events have gotten considerably more expensive and they have upped the capacity. Take the Halloween/Christmas parties for example. Crowd wise it’s now like any other day in the parks. Very busy with somewhat long lines for everything. This past December was the first time we did a party night and didn’t do much other than just enjoy the atmosphere. My main goals for the night were to get the Mickey soldier popcorn bucket and watch the parade from MainSt with the snoap falling on my head. Those things were accomplished along with a couple of rides, eating a lot of cookies, collecting a lot of cookies and a bit of waiting out the rain. Was it fun…TBH, not as much as usual. I went with DH and he’s just not into it. He went because DD was not available and he knew I really want to go. Aside from that it’s changed so much that it just doesn’t feel special anymore. I do admit that could also be because we have done so many of those types of things. I also think partially is because of the cost now.

So your question of is it worth it. If you are going to just take in the atmosphere more than anything else…I would say no, not worth it. You can easily do atmosphere any day on a regular (cheaper) park ticket.

What event are you considering?

Airmiles is back up and running (website) for me at least. It might have been affected by the power outages due to yesterdays winds.

Yeah I have done MNSSHP and MVMCP and dessert parties multiple times.
Last visit to MK,,, a drunk with a extreme attitude and potty mouth wrecked my visit to my happy place ,,,I haven't been back since.
Crowds and price definitely play into all of this.

Two that I am considering

I was thinking of doing Wicked Wind Down OR Enchantment At The Top Dessert Party. (I am a DVC member)
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...rs/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

Considering doing one day at Epcot,,,, maybe a Fireworks Dining package?
I have to figure out least busy day or maybe even see if an afterhours event is going on that week.
This will be when Art In The Park is going on.
https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-parks/epcot/special-events/fireworks-dining-packages/

OR

Animal Kingdom
We know this park well, I'd like to try
Caring For Gentle Giants
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/animal-kingdom/caring-for-giants/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie & Lunch/Dinner at Disney Springs
I have to check all the menus to make sure absolutely no *Shellfish * products are made or sold at the restaurant.
My EpiPen is going everywhere with me.
https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/category/reservations-strongly-recommended/

I know we get free entrance to Typhoon Lagoon as DVC members on our day of arrival . We might enjoy that.

Last edited:
Yeah I have done MNSSHP and MVMCP and dessert parties multiple times.
Last visit to MK,,, a drunk with a extreme attitude and potty mouth wrecked my visit to my happy place ,,,I haven't been back since.
Crowds and price definitely play into all of this.

Two that I am considering

I was thinking of doing Wicked Wind Down OR Enchantment At The Top Dessert Party. (I am a DVC member)
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...rs/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

Considering doing one day at Epcot,,,, maybe a Fireworks Dining package?
I have to figure out least busy day or maybe even see if an afterhours event is going on that week.
This will be when Art In The Park is going on.
https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-parks/epcot/special-events/fireworks-dining-packages/

OR

Animal Kingdom
We know this park well, I'd like to try
Caring For Gentle Giants
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/animal-kingdom/caring-for-giants/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie & Lunch/Dinner at Disney Springs
I have to check all the menus to make sure absolutely no *Shellfish * products are made or sold at the restaurant.
My EpiPen is going everywhere with me.
https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/category/reservations-strongly-recommended/

I know we get free entrance to Typhoon Lagoon as DVC members on our day of arrival . We might enjoy that.
I think I would be more inclined to do the Wicked Wind Down over the desert party. We’ve done an in park dessert party and it really felt like a rip off. The desserts were like standard buffet items. Good but nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter