Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heads up! When purchasing cheese on several cards make sure to leave a little time between processing payments or add something different to each order. I purchased 3 cheeses in rapid succession and when I went to submit the 3rd on card #3 I get the message that it has seen this item before. The receipt #'s are unique but AI isn't differentiating that fine detail.

I can't submit an inquiry because that option isn't made available to me. I guess I'll have to call.

Called: they gave me the runaround about having submitted both receipts using my phone... Tried using DH phone same thing happened. I have to pick up some other groceries so I will go back to the store. Return the cheese and then repurchase it with some other items.

Have I mentioned that I hate Airmiles receipts.

Last edited:
I will probably be doing the buy 2 cheddar cheese slices packages at metro get 20 bonus airmiles.
I have 2 receipt scan offers ,,one for 25 AM and one for 75AM .
So hopefully 120 Airmiles through receipt Scan.
Now to see if the Darn Receipts scan ok.
Hugs Mel

View attachment 850864
I just did the offer earlier, after dropping my son off at school.
Scanned the receipt but it is still in progress, probably because the description on the receipt says “crack bar.med.che”. Lol.

Heads up! When purchasing cheese on several cards make sure to leave a little time between processing payments or add something different to each order. I purchased 3 cheeses in rapid succession and when I went to submit the 3rd on card #3 I get the message that it has seen this item before. The receipt #'s are unique but AI isn't differentiating that fine detail.

I can't submit an inquiry because that option isn't made available to me. I guess I'll have to call.

Called: they gave me the runaround about having submitted both receipts using my phone... Tried using DH phone same thing happened. I have to pick up some other groceries so I will go back to the store. Return the cheese and then repurchase it with some other items.

Have I mentioned that I hate Airmiles receipts.

This happened to me on the last day of the last flash sale. I submitted a receipt with one cucumber on it within 30 minutes of the purchase and it said already submitted. It was the first receipt ever to be submitted on that account and I hadn't shopped or submitted any other receipts that day. It really made no sense, I could only think that it was matching on store, date, amount and it matched someone else who purchased earlier than I did.

I now make sure each my receipts are as unique as possible. As you mentioned, it won't let you do an inquiry or resubmit (I tried for 5 days to get it through).

Edit: I don't think leaving time between receipts would have made any difference, I hadn't submitted a receipt in 2 days.

Last edited:

I have never had a receipt offer work properly, I don't both trying any more. I bought bacon with my groceries and it said clearly "bacon" in the description, and I got no AM, said there was nothing on the receipt. So I give up. Not worth the trouble. I'm glad the rest have some luck with it! But I have to say when I use the Checkout 51 app to earn money back on things I buy, no issues.

April 12 to April 14 only

View attachment 850741

* Must opt-in to this offer. Offer is valid from April 12, 2024, to April 14, 2024, in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Thunder Bay and Yukon. Eligible cheddar cheese product purchase must be completed in-store in a single transaction during this offer period. Online purchases are not eligible for this offer. See current AIR MILES Receipt offers in the AIR MILES app. Personal purchases only. To qualify, original receipt must be scanned during this offer period. No duplicates. The standard AIR MILES Receipts 14-day scanning period does not apply to this offer. Click “Qualifying Details” on specific offer to see what major grocers’ receipts are accepted for this offer and for receipt verification requirements. Limit of (1) offer uses per AIR MILES collector number. Can be combined with other offers, including AIR MILES offers. Void where prohibited. Please allow until May 10, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account. AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.
I’ll try to do this one but I’m a bit concerned the receipt may or may not say “Cheddar”. It could say Cracker Barrel cheese slices for example.

While on Airmile Receipt issues to watch for, I had three receipts, April 1 and April 2, that went to "further time needed" and then were listed with the correct amounts awarded. However, the miles haven't shown up in my airmiles account, not even sure how to chase them. And how much time should I spend on 3+3+4 airmiles??? Honestly, zero, but it's frustrating, I had receipts last year where they missed items with no way to resubmit so just I let it go.

Have a great trip Mort. It's different without kids, you get to do what you want to do! Let me know how you like Porter. I'm using them the day after you're back.

We flew Porter reserve from Ottawa to MCO for March break and I enjoyed it. Even Terminal C was nice, new and clean. It was a bit of a trek to where the bags were, but the door out was right there and easy to catch an Uber/Lyft. I enjoyed the cold meals, but kiddo did not have anything. They don't serve anything hot, well tea/coffee I suppose, but the meals are cold.

We flew Porter reserve from Ottawa to MCO for March break and I enjoyed it. Even Terminal C was nice, new and clean. It was a bit of a trek to where the bags were, but the door out was right there and easy to catch an Uber/Lyft. I enjoyed the cold meals, but kiddo did not have anything. They don't serve anything hot, well tea/coffee I suppose, but the meals are cold.
Just carryon for us,,,and as long as the beer is cold...looking forward to it. Has to be better than Rouge

Just carryon for us,,,and as long as the beer is cold...looking forward to it. Has to be better than Rouge
I checked one bag but wish I had just used carry on. It took forever when we got back to Ottawa to get the bag, but that was not Porter's fault (that was an Ottawa issue). Absolutely better than Rouge, we flew them in December. Porter was much better.

I’ll try to do this one but I’m a bit concerned the receipt may or may not say “Cheddar”. It could say Cracker Barrel cheese slices for example.
My Metro Receipt
1712953371592.png

Who knows,,, hopefully it works ,,,right now it is taking a bit more time to process.
I will call Airmiles on this as it is cheddar cheese just cut up into slices.
Hope you are successful.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
On a positive note, AM Receipts - Cheddar cheese posted for me over night on all three accounts (just the 3AM, the others (75+25) will come later). Two accounts had gone to inquiry and one was "we need a litlle more time".

I gave them heck above so thought I better post about the speedy turnaround on posting the offer.

I bought an absurd amount of cheese yesterday. DD's lactose free cheeses were all on sale and I had coupons so I bought approx $50 worth...this was Food Basics. Two where cheddar...those were the large blocks on sale for $4.44. I submitted the receipt and it went through after about an hour. Later I realized that I had bought some herb and garlic cheddar for myself but it's on my other receipt that I had already submitted for the cucumber...that was Superstore. Yes, I'm crazy but I still have four coupons so I think I will go back and get four more...can use that receipt for DD's account. BTW, her account has an offer of earn one mile at Shell to earn 50 bonus and same offer for Metro. Both are good through the end of the month so I'll be making that happen.

In case anyone is interested...the Laughing Cow and Babybel are on sale for $2.45. There are $1 off coupons out there. I found mine in the cracker aisle at Superstore. Now do you get the picture on how much cheese I bought? I only bought three of the $4.44 blocks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter