• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For those who have accumulated a few cash miles. Sobey's has a redeem 95 cash miles get 25 AM on for the next three days. This promotion is the reason I switched over to Cash miles for a week a few weeks back and it's what I plan on using my 1900 Cash AM (coming in Februaray) for.

That time when you end up getting more at Rexall because the only things on your list are on sale at crazy-low prices :rolleyes1

Needed some Robax Platinum for hubby's back --should be very close to 20.00 --- on sale for 17.99 AND i had a coupon for 5.00

Needed some Tylenol Arthritis for me --on sale for $ 15.99 -- the sign said $12.00 off and the bottle was twice as big as i normally get and cost less than that size! (don't worry doesn't expire till 2018!) (bottom of receipt says i saved $27.86)

So i added some magazines for stockings and some junk food for ME -- Spent $50.89 and earned 112 AM

Costa Coffee update
Good Golly Miss Molly the expresso tasted terrible.
BUT I did get 5 cups all credited with 50 airmiles on each receipt...YEAH!
This is the easiest 250 airmiles a day I've ever done.
Should I try more than 5?
Hugs Mel

Stopped at Rexall on my way home from work and earned 246 AM. I had to scramble at the checkout and add some chocolate bars to bring me over the $50 on each of my transactions because 2 of the items rang up cheaper than the shelf price (I'm not complaining, but I thought I had each transaction to just over $50)...BTW...I was not the only one with multiple orders....the couple next to me were also ringing up 2 separate transactions...cashier did not seem to mind the multiple transactions...

Costa Coffee update
Good Golly Miss Molly the expresso tasted terrible.
BUT I did get 5 cups all credited with 50 airmiles on each receipt...YEAH!
This is the easiest 250 airmiles a day I've ever done.
Should I try more than 5?
Hugs Mel
Yup I have now tried triple expresso in a reg Americano coffee, still crap. but hey if they are still giving me $25 by spending 7. Ok its on the way for me just a 2 minute stop of the car. Thank You.

Anyone here who uses My Offers from Sobeys having issues with miles not being posted on a weekly/bi-weekly bases currently?

I am waiting on miles to be posted to my account since October 15th to present = 145 miles.

They are always on time until now. Anyone else??

Anyone here who uses My Offers from Sobeys having issues with miles not being posted on a weekly/bi-weekly bases currently?

I am waiting on miles to be posted to my account since October 15th to present = 145 miles.

Haven't shopped at Sobey's for quite awhile now -- long drive and not much has appealed to us lately -- but i found that if the miles appeared on the receipt (in our case right on the register since we use the self-check lane) they posted with the others -- no indication/separation. Long way of asking you, did you notice before you left the store they didn't appear on your receipt? Are ANY of your miles posting from Sobeys? I know that if we ever had issues at the check-out we were first asked if it was "my offers" or in-store since they can't deal with the "my offers" in store but need to call a special number ...

Not much help today, am i :P

Bought 5 Costa Expresso for $9.25. Rang them separately and paid with cash (just in case). The cashier didn't print all the receipts for me. I asked to print just the last one to see if I had got the 50 AM. I did and I assumed I should have got 50 AM each for the other 4. Plan to do it again tomorrow. There are 2 Costa Coffee within 10 min drive. 2 days of Costa Coffee is the max for me! I don't think I can drink that coffee 4 days straight. I didn't want to waste it, so I took it home and added coconut milk. More palatable with the coconut milk. Easiest 250 AM ever!

I think I'd be calling the help #. I call immediately if they aren't on my receipt when I walk out of the store. My Sobey's points almost always post within a week of being earned (Sun-Sat week, post Thursday) occasionally it will take two weeks but never longer than that. My Sobey's points since October have all posted as expected.

Now I'm still waiting for my Rexall gift cards bonus AM to post. They wouldn't add them manually in the store as they said corporate would post them in 4-6 weeks. I'll wait and then get them to add them manually if they don't come through. I just hate having to wait.

I would definitely call. Especially if they didn't show on the receipt. Sometime around last May or so those offers stopped crediting for me even though I loaded them. It turned out to be way easier to call the airmiles number than try to deal with it in the store. They said at the time that it was a known issue and would credit me right away. It's since been fixed, but my offers have been so terrible I haven't been bothering with them.

I think I'd be calling the help #. I call immediately if they aren't on my receipt when I walk out of the store. My Sobey's points almost always post within a week of being earned (Sun-Sat week, post Thursday) occasionally it will take two weeks but never longer than that. My Sobey's points since October have all posted as expected.

Now I'm still waiting for my Rexall gift cards bonus AM to post. They wouldn't add them manually in the store as they said corporate would post them in 4-6 weeks. I'll wait and then get them to add them manually if they don't come through. I just hate having to wait.
Have your bonus miles from Staples Shop the Block coupon posted yet? I still only have the regular miles.

Hey folks.

Yes, all air miles offers were noted on the receipts.

In my AM account, My Offers and Sobeys are posted as two separate vendors. They typically post at the same though, along with Lawtons (same parent company).
When I called My Offers to find out why the big delay and asked why all of a sudden it was happening, they didn't have an answer said it's Air Miles' problem. That they could see I had redeemed all of those offers, but they obviously cannot see my AM account.

So the AM chat rep said to keep track of them for the 120 days, UGH! That was one vendor I didn't have to worry about doing that with as they were so prompt and on time every week.

Sobeys and Lawton's are still posted as usual, so I don't think it's a corporate thing.

Have your bonus miles from Staples Shop the Block coupon posted yet? I still only have the regular miles.

The coupon bonus miles are not posted yet for me either. I am not sure whether I should use another cheese coupon just in case. I did it online and the coupon code was noted in my order.

The coupon bonus miles are not posted yet for me either. I am not sure whether I should use another cheese coupon just in case. I did it online and the coupon code was noted in my order.
I see some weird kind of wording/code on my receipt too, so I think it will come. I just want to stop checking or go do another offer if I have to.

A little under the weather here but I pulled it together to get out and pick up my 5 cups of expresso.
One day of Costa coffees left to go.
Hugs Mel

did anyone try for a 6th cup later in the day? I just purchase all 5 in one shot, pay separate and get my 250am. Never tried going back. This is one of those deals that even make it worth it to throw out if you dont have to go out of your way to get the coffee. I have a couple of shells along my route, so most of the time I just purchase 5 espressos pay for it and take a sip to remind me its crap. Throw it out and say thanks for the $18 for trying. Hate wasting anything, but there is no way I am turning down free money. What I did do was have all the espressos in 2 cups, so not to waste too much there.

did anyone try for a 6th cup later in the day? I just purchase all 5 in one shot, pay separate and get my 250am. Never tried going back. This is one of those deals that even make it worth it to throw out if you dont have to go out of your way to get the coffee. I have a couple of shells along my route, so most of the time I just purchase 5 espressos pay for it and take a sip to remind me its crap. Throw it out and say thanks for the $18 for trying. Hate wasting anything, but there is no way I am turning down free money. What I did do was have all the espressos in 2 cups, so not to waste too much there.

I just searched online and a few sites mentioned a max. of 5 per day. I am not trying for the 6th just in case. I also put all the expresso into 2 cups to minimize waste as well. :thumbsup2

Edited to add: It is a max. of 5 cups per day because Shell only allows 5 airmiles transactions a day per account. If you buy gas, you can only get 4 cups of Costa Coffee then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter