Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hmmm, if hot chocolate is eligible for points I may try it…do all Shell's have this? Is Costa a brand or a store?

Ohhh I shall try the espresso tomorrow,,,1.75 is better than 1.95...
I do do each purchase individually.--sorry i should have mentioned that.
thanks Mort.
Hugs Mel

I tried the expresso too. It's really awful!! I tossed it away after one sip! I may try the tea.

I have a question for all you AM gurus...Rexall has the 3 day AM special...spend $50 get 100 AM....can I do this on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and get 300 AM? The reason I ask is that I got an email from AM advising if I earn 400 AM from Dec 1 - 31 I can obtain Onyx status for the period March 2017 to March 2019...I already earned 100 miles from AMEX this month and I was hoping to be able to take advantage of this 3 day special to earn the other 300 I need...

Reporting in on my coffee run tonight.................................
I went to a new to me Shell--actually 8 minutes from home.
I bought 4 americano coffees and got 200 airmiles--paid cash
They man working there said he's not heard of the limit soooooo
I bought a hot chocolate--more money $3.05 and paid cash and sure enough I got another 50 airmiles.
Soooooooo I tried it again but this time I was out of cash and used my debit card and NO airmiles turned up.
So I don't know if I could have gone beyond 5 cups until I try again tomorrow with cash.
Nothing special about the hot chocolate-not bad but nothing to write home about.
Hugs Mel
LOL I love it! You're sure getting the most out of this promo :teacher:!

I have a question for all you AM gurus...Rexall has the 3 day AM special...spend $50 get 100 AM....can I do this on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and get 300 AM? The reason I ask is that I got an email from AM advising if I earn 400 AM from Dec 1 - 31 I can obtain Onyx status for the period March 2017 to March 2019...I already earned 100 miles from AMEX this month and I was hoping to be able to take advantage of this 3 day special to earn the other 300 I need...
Hi
If you shop on Friday and spend $50 you will get 100 airmiles. Now you do not have to go back each day to repeat this (save on gas). Just do three separate orders totalling 50.00 before tax and you will get all 300 airmiles in one visit. I am not even sure you really have to do three separate orders,,,but that's what I do. Other will chime in I'm sure.
hope that helps. Also buy a couple of Costa coffees on your way home at shell,,lol
hugs Mel

LOL I love it! You're sure getting the most out of this promo :teacher:!

Last night my son said he would buy dinner (fast food) and I said ok and proceeded to pull into Shell,,,"He say mom what are you getting at shell? I said just a coffee".I left him in the car for so long he finally came inside to see what I was doing. In he comes to find me and says (SHOUTS) "Oh my God your airmiling at Shell! lol lol
Hugs Mel

Hi
If you shop on Friday and spend $50 you will get 100 airmiles. Now you do not have to go back each day to repeat this (save on gas). Just do three separate orders totalling 50.00 before tax and you will get all 300 in one visit. I am not even sure you really have to do three separate orders,,,but that's what I do. Other will chime in I'm sure.
hope that helps.
hugs Mel
There's no limit to the number of times you can get those 100 AM, just separate your sales into individual transactions --- I've been known to do 3 in a row, go home check the medicine cabinet and go back the next day and do it again :rolleyes1 If you need to buy any "fragrances" they are a bonus item this week -- Spend $40.00 get 40 AM, that will put you close to your first $50.00 right there! I take a calculator with me and have a couple of items to toss in if a sale is not quite enough -- just watch the total and be sure your PRE-TAX amount is over $50.00

If you are going to spend $100.00 at Sobeys--buy a Visa or Mastercard for 100.00 first and get 20 bonus airmiles and then use the card to buy your groceries.
Just an idea...
Hugs Mel
4_12_3.jpg

If you are going to spend $100.00 at Sobeys--buy a Visa or Mastercard for 100.00 first and get 20 bonus airmiles and then use the card to buy your groceries.
Just an idea...
Hugs Mel
4_12_3.jpg

The problem with that is that there is a fee ($5.95 I think) on the $100 card. Since you are only earning 20AM on that, it's not even a break-even proposition.

Just an idea...
Hugs Mel
4_12_3.jpg
Sorry Mel, it seems like a good idea, but hate to burst the bubble. In order to purchase the Visa/MC you will be charged a processing fee. probably 6.95 for the $100. So to get $2 worth of AM it will cost you $6.95.
Thats is the bad thing about the prepaid Visa/MC. Not like a straight GC. Plus they are outside the law where their amounts can be eaten up by fees for lack of use.

Have you EVER received email from any of the sponsors? If not you need to go into your profile and try un-checking the box " Yes, I would like to receive email offers and information from the AIR MILES® Reward Program and its Sponsors. You can change your mind at any time." that's just under your e-mail and then sign out of your account, sign back in, check the box to say yes you do want the emails and that *should* kick start it. For about 3 months i wasn't getting "My Offers" from Sobeys and once i followed this step .. POOF they appeared again and i started getting the emails that had been missing!

Yes I have and yes the box is checked.

Sorry Mel, it seems like a good idea, but hate to burst the bubble. In order to purchase the Visa/MC you will be charged a processing fee. probably 6.95 for the $100. So to get $2 worth of AM it will cost you $6.95.
Thats is the bad thing about the prepaid Visa/MC. Not like a straight GC. Plus they are outside the law where their amounts can be eaten up by fees for lack of use.

Thanks for letting me know
hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter