Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This year I have purchased tickets:
(1) Ottawa - Orlando
(2) Ottawa - Winnipeg
(2) Ottawa - Calgary
All with Airmiles and all are direct flights. Orlando I purchased 9 months out. Winnipeg was 8 weeks out and Calgary was 4 months out.
THANK YOU! You have given me HOPE! Once I have enough for both of us, I'll see what happens. Can you call directly and have them book, or do you do it totally on your airmiles account?

Can u but five coffees at once and get 250? That's like $25 in cash Miles..so still ahead even if u dump it out. Lol was thinking I could use the cash Miles toward a GC from shell and it would be like paying $10 for a $25 GC really.
I don't know and he didn't specify (we were texting). He said he read it, but I don't know where.

THANK YOU! You have given me HOPE! Once I have enough for both of us, I'll see what happens. Can you call directly and have them book, or do you do it totally on your airmiles account?
Here's the information from the website --- not being rude just helpful :D I've also had plenty of luck booking flights, just never found them the best use of my miles.
upload_2016-12-7_14-54-3.png

Woohoo! I was able to cross off my list of owing air miles the 150 bonus miles from the "purchase 3 on Airmilesshops" back in Aug/Sept! My Clinique order didn't appear in my account, so I had to wait the 120 days to get those and the big bonus applied.

Now I'm waiting on a bunch from Sobeys and my 1,000 bonus miles from BMO for upgrading to World Elite! Then I can buy my second adult U.S. 2-day pass.

Here's the information from the website --- not being rude just helpful :D I've also had plenty of luck booking flights, just never found them the best use of my miles.
View attachment 209307
Thanks! That's what was said on Marketplace this week, too. LOL I get that flights might not be the best USE of the miles, but if I can get the flights that I want, it becomes great for me. :) Kind of like my Westjet flight. I booked a one way, and the CSR said exactly the same thing...but you're giving up that return free flight for DH. I know, but it's what I needed.

Thanks! That's what was said on Marketplace this week, too. LOL I get that flights might not be the best USE of the miles, but if I can get the flights that I want, it becomes great for me. :) Kind of like my Westjet flight. I booked a one way, and the CSR said exactly the same thing...but you're giving up that return free flight for DH. I know, but it's what I needed.
YES! You're treating the programme the same way we do! We only ever buy things we need and will use ourselves (ok so perhaps we donated some bread to our kids when Sobeys had buy 3 loafs get 25 AM) and then consider the Miles as "free" -- don't put a real value on them (getting ready to hide from the jabs from those of you who do the complicated AM math :duck:) just use them for things that we NEED and would otherwise pay out of pocket for. Since our flights were already covered for this trip thru business, we chose to get our Disney tickets, a rental car, hotel in Pearson the night before we leave, Universal Tickets -- all things we would be paying for anyway. We've used them for flights before when it worked out best.

YES! You're treating the programme the same way we do! We only ever buy things we need and will use ourselves (ok so perhaps we donated some bread to our kids when Sobeys had buy 3 loafs get 25 AM) and then consider the Miles as "free" -- don't put a real value on them (getting ready to hide from the jabs from those of you who do the complicated AM math :duck:) just use them for things that we NEED and would otherwise pay out of pocket for. Since our flights were already covered for this trip thru business, we chose to get our Disney tickets, a rental car, hotel in Pearson the night before we leave, Universal Tickets -- all things we would be paying for anyway. We've used them for flights before when it worked out best.
No complicated math, just sometimes I do buy stuff I dont really need. skid of gatorade,,cough cough.. So there is value to me, but unlike marketplace, I know how I am using them, know the points and was not caught offguard with the expiry.
Bonus on top with getting to Onyx which I had not explored until I got there.

Is anyone else being blocked by only 4 coffees a day on the Costa deal?
Hugs Mel

Edited to add
I found this info
For a Limited Time! NOW GET 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles with the purchase of any Costa Coffee
Offer valid for a limited time at participating Shell locations only until December 11, 2016. Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles per transaction with your purchase of any Costa coffee product during this limited promotional period. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped at time of transaction. No fuel purchase required. May be combined with other AIR MILES offers available at participating locations. Please allow up to six weeks post promotion for your Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. This promotion may be amended or terminated without notice. Shell reserves the right to limit number of AIR MILES® Bonus Miles awarded.

®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.

I was able to get 50 x 4 cups today,,(Americano 1.95 each a cup) Total cost of $7.80 = 200 points.
will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
The guy at Shell said you can have 4 Air Miles transactions a day. That includes gas or coffee or whatever

Afternoon of Wine and Donuts (OYNX)
Vancouver BC
1 airmiles
An afternoon of Wine and Doughnuts at Cartems Donuterie - Package for One (1) - February 19, 2017 - Vancouver, BC

Doughnuts and Wine, How Divine!

Wine and donuts are the hottest new pairing and this event is exclusive for AIR MILES Onyx Collectors for only one (1) reward mile!

Cartems Donuterie - This favorite local donut shop prides itself on using local ingredients and progressive flavours, including the likes of Earl Grey and Canadian whiskey bacon.

We are excited to pair up with Pacific Wine And Spirits for the afternoon and bring you a unique opportunity of indulging in fabulous wines alongside delicious doughnut pairings.

In each of the doughnut offerings for the experience the teams have carefully selected wine that we have incorporated into the glazes/fills of the doughnuts resulting in a delicious pairing.

This can't-miss AIR MILES Exclusive Experience is just for OYNX collectors.

WOW even The Duck understands THAT AM math! :rotfl2:
Too bad the closest Shell is over 40 minute drive

Hugs Hon
Last year I worked with a grade 8 teacher who amazed me,,,,I still don't understand this
"Pythagorean Theorem".I swear the minute he started talking my brain turned off.
try listening to this guy for 1 min

Good thing I'm working with grade 1 and 2's this year.lol

I have a question for my fellow airmiles enthusiasts. My brother wants to book a hotel stay for July through the airmiles portal. If he books before December 31st, he will get the addtional 400 miles for the current promo. It says he has to pay now in full (though it is fully refundable). My question to you is, will those miles go on his 2016 totals, or 2017? He wants to reach Onyx in 2017, and is hoping that since the miles post after his stay in July 2017, then they will go toward the 2017 totals.
He tried asking in online chat but the rep didn't appear to know what they were talking about, changed their answer a bit, and then gave him 25 hush miles to go away lol.:rotfl:

Is anyone else being blocked by only 4 coffees a day on the Costa deal?
Hugs Mel

Edited to add
I found this info
For a Limited Time! NOW GET 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles with the purchase of any Costa Coffee
Offer valid for a limited time at participating Shell locations only until December 11, 2016. Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles per transaction with your purchase of any Costa coffee product during this limited promotional period. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped at time of transaction. No fuel purchase required. May be combined with other AIR MILES offers available at participating locations. Please allow up to six weeks post promotion for your Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. This promotion may be amended or terminated without notice. Shell reserves the right to limit number of AIR MILES® Bonus Miles awarded.

®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.

I was able to get 50 x 4 cups today,,(Americano 1.95 each a cup) Total cost of $7.80 = 200 points.
will try again tomorrow.
Anyone know if you would get the AM if you buy a hot chocolate from the Costa machines? I think they cost more but my kids aren't coffee drinkers.

I wish there was a Costa coffee location in Ottawa, doesn't seem to be one :(

I got an "exclusive offer" from Sobeys. I had to activate the offer but apparently don't need to do anything other than swipe my card when I shop.

Spend $400 cumulatively and Get 140 Bonus Miles
Spend $500 cumulatively and Get 250 Bonus Miles
Spend $600 cumulatively and Get 450 Bonus Miles

Shop by January 7th.

I have 200 extra airmiles in my account that I can't figure out how I accumulated them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This is not a problem but I am usually good at keeping a running total and this has thrown me for a loop.
Hmmmm I will have to review my totals.............
Hugs Mel

Hugs Hon
Last year I worked with a grade 8 teacher who amazed me,,,,I still don't understand this
"Pythagorean Theorem".I swear the minute he started talking my brain turned off.
try listening to this guy for 1 min

Good thing I'm working with grade 1 and 2's this year.lol
Funny story.....totally OT! When I was in Grade 13 (yes, we had that way back then) I took Math B (or something-algebra). EVERY DAY for the entire year, my teacher would ask me what the Pythagorean theorem was. I was totally blocked and could not do it. I know that he was just doing it for the entertainment purposes. :rotfl2: I finally could spout it off.......on the last day of school. roflmao

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter