2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

My husband's company has an office in Bristol, and we lived there for a month while they set it up! Bristol is a GREAT town for walking, and I assume running, though I wasn't a runner back then. I took many walks along the Quay and through the meandering streets of the harbor and old town areas. There are a fair number of cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks, so watch your footing!

I'll remember these ideas when I'm there -- thank you!! Any parts of town you would recommend avoiding?

I'll remember these ideas when I'm there -- thank you!! Any parts of town you would recommend avoiding?

Not that I can recall, though I didn't venture much outside of the harbor, old town and Quay area. Just keep your wits about you as you would anywhere.

I can't believe I'm admitting this but.... I have spent the better part of this week trying to find Yellow (Gold) colored Zensah compression sleeves in size Small. All the usual retail outlets have only Neon Yellow (think... a highlighter) but nothing that is the traditional yellow color that you'd think of for Snow White's skirt.

I finally found them about an hour ago at a store located in Canada and with the exchange rate and free shipping.... $29 USD! :thumbsup2

Anyone else ever spent this long preparing for costumes or looking for that perfect piece? :laughing:

I can't believe I'm admitting this but.... I have spent the better part of this week trying to find Yellow (Gold) colored Zensah compression sleeves in size Small. All the usual retail outlets have only Neon Yellow (think... a highlighter) but nothing that is the traditional yellow color that you'd think of for Snow White's skirt.

I finally found them about an hour ago at a store located in Canada and with the exchange rate and free shipping.... $29 USD! :thumbsup2

Anyone else ever spent this long preparing for costumes or looking for that perfect piece? :laughing:

So glad you found it!! I need to start thinking about my outfit! That will be my post-Christmas focus! :)

It's our fast pass day too. Only doing MK on Thursday and Epcot at night for Friday. We have to remember that rundisney means less parks.

I'm hesitant to

In 2015 or 2016? There were still bags available this year. I even saw a few on the last day at the race (not the tote). In 2015 when they didn't do a preorder, the satchel bag (no tote that year) sold out in the first hour of the expo. By the time I got there in the afternoon there was nothing left but empty tables in the Dooney area. I didn't go back later in the weekend to check though.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the merchandise area was set up in the same room as the bibs last year. This year it was moved upstairs to a separate area. Maybe that is another reason the bags lasted a bit longer?

Princess 2015 was my very first runDisney experience and I was not prepared for the craziness of the expo!

2016. I didn't like the print in 2015, so I didn't try.

I ordered the runner bundle but now I don't remember what is included in it. Does someone know? Thanks.

Hi everyone! Haven't been around because it's been a busy season but now I'm trying to figure out our days for the race weekend and fast passes and such and I can't find what I'm looking for in searches. I missed the 10k I was going to do this fall in order to be able to submit a time for a corral because it was cancelled because of hurricane Matthew, so I think i'll be in the back back. What time frame do you think I would be looking to finish the half? I want to schedule a nice post-gsc lunch or dinner as well as our fast-passes for each day and don't know when I should try for.
I don't like the idea of having to bus back to the resort (PO) and shower and change and all that and bus back (would like to do more epcot that day, soarin, and end it with illuminations) because it seems like it would take such a long time, but I can't imagine doing that to my family and other guests even if I were to change clothes lolol.
What does everyone else do for lunch or dinner times and getting out of race clothes/outfits?

For the OP, I would also recommend buying and using melatonin or Ambien to help you get to sleep and deal with your jet lag. Four days is a tough amount of time to be gone. 1-2 days and you don't even bother with getting over jet lag. 5-6 days and you're over it completely. Sleep is very important when you're stuck in the middle.

I used to take melatonin every night because I'm nocturnal but have a day job. Not everyone has this reaction, but I had to stop because of the absolutely horrific nightmares. I mean, I like horror movies and very little scares me, but they were beyond bad. I don't think that a week will necessarily result in that, and like I said not everyone has those reactions, but just something for people to keep in mind.

Hi everyone! Haven't been around because it's been a busy season but now I'm trying to figure out our days for the race weekend and fast passes and such and I can't find what I'm looking for in searches. I missed the 10k I was going to do this fall in order to be able to submit a time for a corral because it was cancelled because of hurricane Matthew, so I think i'll be in the back back. What time frame do you think I would be looking to finish the half? I want to schedule a nice post-gsc lunch or dinner as well as our fast-passes for each day and don't know when I should try for.
I don't like the idea of having to bus back to the resort (PO) and shower and change and all that and bus back (would like to do more epcot that day, soarin, and end it with illuminations) because it seems like it would take such a long time, but I can't imagine doing that to my family and other guests even if I were to change clothes lolol.
What does everyone else do for lunch or dinner times and getting out of race clothes/outfits?
Assuming you started in the last corral, that would have you starting your race around 6:30. Max time they allow to finish is 3:30, so that would put you at 10AM - again, assuming you're in Corral P and took the maximum allotted time.

For me, I HAVE to shower and change ASAP after finishing. If I didn't shower I'd feel gross for the rest of the day, but everyone is different!

What's the likelihood that we'll see the Dooney print before the expo and preordering is available? I still cannot justify spending $230 on a purse sight unseen... why is this so difficult?! D:

What's the likelihood that we'll see the Dooney print before the expo and preordering is available? I still cannot justify spending $230 on a purse sight unseen... why is this so difficult?! D:
I am guessing they will because I feel like this is the biggest-selling Dooney for them. Even non-runners are pre-ordering sight unseen, and since the expo is open to everyone they want people to show up to buy them.

I think it's telling they have a pre-order for this one and not for the January WDW races......

I couldn't just change my clothes and go to the parks. I'm planning on going back to the resort to shower, nap for a bit and then go out. I'm not scheduling anything before 3pm. You can always go back to the room and meet up with your family in Epcot.

I'm a runDisney newbie, but I booked my FP+ yesterday, and didn't book any before 2pm-ish (giving me time to get back to the hotel, shower, regroup, etc).

We are doing Epcot as well -- FP for Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth, and the character spot :-) We are staying at the Swan, so it should be easy to walk over in the afternoon for some foods and DRINKS!

I also made my FP+ yesterday! What park is everyone going to on Sunday after the race? We are going to Epcot!

I'm taking the Tragical Depress home. Unfortunately I have to go back to work. :rotfl:So jealous of everyone staying through the night!

We are however arriving on Thursday and doing a light evening at MK then a quick loop around Epcot on Friday for dinner to ride Frozen. Saturday is staying at the hotel and relaxing before the big event on Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter