2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

They do not give out info ahead of time, and the characters/locations vary. There are some locations you can bank on (lots in MK - in front of the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland, in Frontierland, etc.) but no one knows for sure. They could switch it up. :)

Ok. Thanks!

Has anyone noticed the apparent change to the course for the half in January? Apparently the course no longer runs through the castle but around it. I would think if they change it for Princess as well they might have a bunch of unhappy princesses.

Has anyone noticed the apparent change to the course for the half in January? Apparently the course no longer runs through the castle but around it. I would think if they change it for Princess as well they might have a bunch of unhappy princesses.

That should be interesting. If it changes for the Princess there might be a rebellion.
The first Princess half they revealed the course and it didn't even go through the MK, but that changed within weeks of the reveal as there was many very upset that we were runnnng a Princess race that didn't even go near the castle.

Last edited:
I think it's very possible. I'm guessing they took it out of the WDW Half because it was one of, if not the biggest bottleneck on the course. :confused3

I think it's very possible. I'm guessing they took it out of the WDW Half because it was one of, if not the biggest bottleneck on the course. :confused3

I thought in past you had option to go around. I swear I saw some go around as I was watching this years princess.

For those who have ran challenges before, how closely do you follow a training schedule? Do you modify based on how you feel? This will be my first challenge and I'm following JG for the most part. I've ran 2 halfs, 2 10K in the past 3 months but never consecutive days. Just curious how following or modifying effected your race. I know this is highly subjective as there are many factors but I'm still curious.

For those who have ran challenges before, how closely do you follow a training schedule? Do you modify based on how you feel? This will be my first challenge and I'm following JG for the most part. I've ran 2 halfs, 2 10K in the past 3 months but never consecutive days. Just curious how following or modifying effected your race. I know this is highly subjective as there are many factors but I'm still curious.

I follow it exactly, for the most part, unless I'm sick and have to modify some weeks. Absolutely do back to backs, in my opinion. It's harder than you think.

As for the challenge training...I have only done it once.
I did some back to back runs but never on consecutive weeks. I didn't start them until January and only did back to backs about 4 times. I always did the shorter run the first day and the next day the longer run.

I am running this (my first half) as part of my year long celebrating turning 50. When I first was telling my brother about it, he said he would do it if he could dress as a princess and it all grew from there. Our plan was that me, my brother, my sister and my eldest daughter (only runner of that generation and only one not in school other than her twin brother who wasn't interested) are going. My daughter would run the 10k, my sister would walk the 10k, my brother and I are in for GSC with my walking 10k with my sister. We ended up going with non-princess themed costumes though and I am wondering if that will be weird. We decided on Mad Hatter, White Rabbit and the tweedles (me and my sister) for 10k. Pooh, tigger, eeyore and piglet for half (eeyore and piglet would be up to cheer us on).
Things have changed because my sister died last week (one tough tough cookie-- held off stage 4 breast cancer for almost 8 years) It won't be the weekend we had planned but we still want to go-- to celebrate her as much as anything.
Will we be the only ones in non-princess costumes?

I am running this (my first half) as part of my year long celebrating turning 50. When I first was telling my brother about it, he said he would do it if he could dress as a princess and it all grew from there. Our plan was that me, my brother, my sister and my eldest daughter (only runner of that generation and only one not in school other than her twin brother who wasn't interested) are going. My daughter would run the 10k, my sister would walk the 10k, my brother and I are in for GSC with my walking 10k with my sister. We ended up going with non-princess themed costumes though and I am wondering if that will be weird. We decided on Mad Hatter, White Rabbit and the tweedles (me and my sister) for 10k. Pooh, tigger, eeyore and piglet for half (eeyore and piglet would be up to cheer us on).
Things have changed because my sister died last week (one tough tough cookie-- held off stage 4 breast cancer for almost 8 years) It won't be the weekend we had planned but we still want to go-- to celebrate her as much as anything.
Will we be the only ones in non-princess costumes?
I'm so sorry about your sister. I think running it will be a great way to celebrate her! You definitely will not be the only ones in non-princess costumes. There are usually all kinds of costumes some not even Disney related.

Let's talk purses for a second. I am thinking they will not do a preorder this year and if anyone was around for the debacle of 2015, this is not a good thing. Does anyone know if Marathon Weekend or Light Side ever had preorders?? They are both a couple of weeks out.
@Kernandi sorry to hear about your sister. dress in whatever costume you want we are all out there to have fun!

Let's talk purses for a second. I am thinking they will not do a preorder this year and if anyone was around for the debacle of 2015, this is not a good thing. Does anyone know if Marathon Weekend or Light Side ever had preorders?? They are both a couple of weeks out.
@Kernandi sorry to hear about your sister. dress in whatever costume you want we are all out there to have fun!

There are no pictures, but the preorder links are up. Zip satchel, crossbody and large zip wallet. It's a lot of money to spend sight unseen, especially since there are rumblings that returns will not be allowed.

I ordered a crossbody. I am sure that it will be another generic princess design, but on the off chance that they do a BatB design (maybe a color variation on the pattern from this summer), I would kick myself if I don't get one.

I flew in late morning on the first day of the expo in 2015 and all the bags were already gone. This year I got there at expo opening and waited in line. I did the preorder, but there were bags left over, not only that, but they have recently been showing up in the parks an online. (the purple princess bags). There were a ton at DS in November when I was there.

There are no pictures, but the preorder links are up. Zip satchel, crossbody and large zip wallet. It's a lot of money to spend sight unseen, especially since there are rumblings that returns will not be allowed.

can you msg or post link everything I tried isn't orking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter