2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I can see my events, I can see stuff I ordered at time I registered but no link to add anything else to my order.

I have the same problem - can't find the link to preorder Dooney. I signed up through a TA and can view it in Active but no link to order. Any TAs here who know what's up?

If you go to the rundisney page like it's a new registration you should be able to do it. Click register and it will take you to the Active page where any open races are, if you go to the bottom it says commemorative items. Click the circle and then continue through it. I just tried and saw them.

Edit to say I'm also signed up with a group.

Woo hoo! Thanks, MommaoffherRocker. It worked! Not the way I've done it in the past but I'm not complaining. It's done. Trying to minimize my time at the Expo which I heard can be crazy at Princess :-)

Woo hoo! Thanks, MommaoffherRocker. It worked! Not the way I've done it in the past but I'm not complaining. It's done. Trying to minimize my time at the Expo which I heard can be crazy at Princess :-)

Thank you now to decide if I want to drop more on wallet than I paid for purse :P

Has anyone else noticed that the link to sign up for Race Retreat is gone? Does that mean it's sold out...or is there a chance that runDisney is changing it (like Marathon weekend) to include early access to the expo so link isn't up for a bit? I'm really hoping for that but maybe am unrealistic!??

Here's the prices with active fees added:

Zip-Zip Satchel is $341
Cross body is $238
Wallet is $203

Agreeing with others on here... that is a LOT of money to drop on a bag without an image. Going to hold off for now and hope we see a picture soon.

I ordered a crossbody. I am sure that it will be another generic princess design, but on the off chance that they do a BatB design (maybe a color variation on the pattern from this summer), I would kick myself if I don't get one.

I flew in late morning on the first day of the expo in 2015 and all the bags were already gone. This year I got there at expo opening and waited in line. I did the preorder, but there were bags left over, not only that, but they have recently been showing up in the parks an online. (the purple princess bags). There were a ton at DS in November when I was there.

I saw the print after I was already there and decided I wanted one. I went up there late in the afternoon on the first day and there were plenty of every style except the tote.

Thank you now to decide if I want to drop more on wallet than I paid for purse :P

I'm hesitant to
I saw the print after I was already there and decided I wanted one. I went up there late in the afternoon on the first day and there were plenty of every style except the tote.

In 2015 or 2016? There were still bags available this year. I even saw a few on the last day at the race (not the tote). In 2015 when they didn't do a preorder, the satchel bag (no tote that year) sold out in the first hour of the expo. By the time I got there in the afternoon there was nothing left but empty tables in the Dooney area. I didn't go back later in the weekend to check though.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the merchandise area was set up in the same room as the bibs last year. This year it was moved upstairs to a separate area. Maybe that is another reason the bags lasted a bit longer?

Princess 2015 was my very first runDisney experience and I was not prepared for the craziness of the expo!

Just got notification that I'm going to Sweden for work the week before race weekend. Yay and yikes! How do you guys train and keep the momentum when you're on a plane or traveling for work?! It'll be a four day trip...

Just got notification that I'm going to Sweden for work the week before race weekend. Yay and yikes! How do you guys train and keep the momentum when you're on a plane or traveling for work?! It'll be a four day trip...

That's super cool! I think the most important things are staying rested and hydrated!

When I was flying to France for the DLP half, I also got a tip from someone on the boards to wear compression socks on the flights (but not compression calf sleeves).

Have fun in Sweden! I'm super jealous!

Have fun!! I've got a work trip to London a month before the race, so had similar questions running through my head - so thanks for asking!

How does it work when you have pre-ordered merchandise? Where do you go to pick it up? Do you get it when you get your bib packet, or do you have to go to another location at the expo to get it? This is our first RunDisney event and I'm not sure what to do.

That's super cool! I think the most important things are staying rested and hydrated!

When I was flying to France for the DLP half, I also got a tip from someone on the boards to wear compression socks on the flights (but not compression calf sleeves).

Two good suggestions, though I'd say you should always try to wear compression socks on long-haul flights. I know someone who was hit with deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and their recovery was not fun.

For the OP, I would also recommend buying and using melatonin or Ambien to help you get to sleep and deal with your jet lag. Four days is a tough amount of time to be gone. 1-2 days and you don't even bother with getting over jet lag. 5-6 days and you're over it completely. Sleep is very important when you're stuck in the middle.

I'm also in London (and Edinburgh) about 5 weeks out!

I haven't decided how to address my training runs while away -- I'd love to use a run or two as a way to sightsee -- I am flying in and out of London, and have a day of sight-seeing planned, but will mostly be in Bristol.

I haven't decided how to address my training runs while away -- I'd love to use a run or two as a way to sightsee -- I am flying in and out of London, and have a day of sight-seeing planned, but will mostly be in Bristol.

My husband's company has an office in Bristol, and we lived there for a month while they set it up! Bristol is a GREAT town for walking, and I assume running, though I wasn't a runner back then. I took many walks along the Quay and through the meandering streets of the harbor and old town areas. There are a fair number of cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks, so watch your footing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter