2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I'm so excited for the half shirt! It totally makes up for me not being able to really buy anything at the expo!

I've heard it suggested that you should skip bringing a bag to the race to avoid having to wait in a bag inspection security line for them to look through it. This is a separate thing from gear check for them to hold it during the race just like going into a park, correct? Does anyone know if you have to go through security bag inspection with a flip belt on?

I've heard it suggested that you should skip bringing a bag to the race to avoid having to wait in a bag inspection security line for them to look through it. This is a separate thing from gear check for them to hold it during the race just like going into a park, correct? Does anyone know if you have to go through security bag inspection with a flip belt on?

Yes, it's basically like the security check going into any of the parks. I think technically flip belts are supposed to go through bag check, but if you have it under your shirt, they probably won't notice. Also, the line moves a lot quicker than the regular security line because people are bringing a lot less stuff. And no strollers!

Yes, it's basically like the security check going into any of the parks. I think technically flip belts are supposed to go through bag check, but if you have it under your shirt, they probably won't notice. Also, the line moves a lot quicker than the regular security line because people are bringing a lot less stuff. And no strollers!
Gotcha. Thanks!

Not sure if they will be up and running, but there are metal detectors after bag check. Sometimes it's everyone go through and sometimes it's random selection.

So at midnight last night Alamo told me they only had 15 passenger vans available. Despite pre-paying for an economy car. :mad: I ended up going over to Budget and spending $100 more than my original reservation, but got a little baby car. Ended up not getting to the hotel until 2 am.:crazy2:

Also, for anyone with breakfast reservations, it seems like they're opening up 7DMT pretty early. I was able to ride it 4 times this morning before the park opened! :jumping3:

Cousin and I are almost at the expo. No sleep on the plane (thanks drunk guy with a cold). Got my very first room ready text 10 minutes after checking in at the resort. Woo! But we already dropped bags with Bell and were at contemporary to go to the expo bus.

Well a few strollers for spectators.. we are crazy tight time wise so for the 5k since our childcare fell through so get to use the newborn as a 'baton' from my husband (not running and has to be to work by 7 for an important day) to a fast friend who should be finished by 630 and me & my group who should be done closer to 715..

I took one look at a picture of the expo line on Facebook and decided to wait until this afternoon. I'm going to have my baby with me and I cannot deal with the craziness. I can report on what's there around 2-3pm if anyone is interested.

Lines are still terrible for merch. And there's a person in line who has multiple of the Princess shoe ornament and several pins. I counted at least 10 of the shoe alone.

I would be shocked if she's not a reseller/shopper. Definitely frustrating to see.

Lines are still terrible for merch. And there's a person in line who has multiple of the Princess shoe ornament and several pins. I counted at least 10 of the shoe alone.

I would be shocked if she's not a reseller/shopper. Definitely frustrating to see.
I just saw a picture on Facebook of a person who had at least 25 shoe ornaments and at least 25 pins in their basket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter