2013 Smiley Thread

And no cancer, wonderful! Now just go ahead and recover!

I'm so sorry both of you lost babies! I don't think I ever did although I had several positive pregnancy tests which proved false a week or two later. And we all had big surgeries to try to cure the problem. I always had extremely heavy periods and cramps from age 16 on; made travelling, hiking and swimming a real problem. Then when I turned 40 or so I started having irregular, heavy periods and lots more pain due to fibroids and huge ovarian cysts. I became anemic too. After my surgery I felt free even though I took estrogen until last summer.

You should feel better although they don't always get it all you should improve quickly. I think my healthiest years have been since I was 45 or so.

I did take a walk with DS yesterday; steps still hurt but I am definitely healing. I love that we can walk outside without heavy coats in January in the Springs. It's been in the 50s and 60s and gorgeous some days.

Yes, everyone rest and enjoy the day!
Take your time to heal yourself. We three have had an adventure....

Happy Sunday, I think I might finally be off the narcotics!!!!!

I have 24 hours without, and only using ibuprofen!
There might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Happy Sunday, I think I might finally be off the narcotics!!!!!

I have 24 hours without, and only using ibuprofen!
There might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Wow! That's good news! Just take it easy though until you see how the pain goes.

Good to see you on the DIS!

swhatever6.gif

Other than a clogged ear doing fine, thanks for asking. Keep resting the poor kneecaps. But glad you feel better :banana:

Yesterday was a bad day, so I am hoping for an improvement today.

Monday is my two week post op :wizard:

Yesterday was a bad day, so I am hoping for an improvement today.

Monday is my two week post op :wizard:

I remember ups and downs in my recoveries; especially after I tried to do too much and not rest enough. Let us know how today goes!
:wave2:

I am going thru the ups and downs, and I am having trouble sleeping. I stopped napping.
I get sore, and the next day I am fine, then my back hurts, then I just have no energy, then I am wired, and I do too much and then the cycle repeats.

I am trying to be good, but when I feel good I am ready to be better and try too much. My belly is swelling and makes me uncomfortable, but these are all problems with getting better and for that I can live with this for sure :)

How is everyone?

:)

I am going thru the ups and downs, and I am having trouble sleeping. I stopped napping.
I get sore, and the next day I am fine, then my back hurts, then I just have no energy, then I am wired, and I do too much and then the cycle repeats.

I am trying to be good, but when I feel good I am ready to be better and try too much. My belly is swelling and makes me uncomfortable, but these are all problems with getting better and for that I can live with this for sure :)

How is everyone?

:)
Keep resting , that is what your body needs. That is where a lot of the healing comes from. Ask the dr if you can take some advil pm or something over the counter. I feel just like you no energy. My dH is in the hospital , he had a blood clot in his lungs. He has been there since the 26th. He is getting much better and hope he gets to come home soon. I am going to keep you in prayer. Also try using a heating pad for your back to.:hug:

Thanks dear and prayers for DH also, home he gets to come home soon.

I did one load of laundry and DH will have to finish it. It was just too much.

Lunch is chinese take out. LOL DH has been working too hard. :)

Thanks dear and prayers for DH also, home he gets to come home soon.

I did one load of laundry and DH will have to finish it. It was just too much.

Lunch is chinese take out. LOL DH has been working too hard. :)
Don't you do to much. Just think we are both resting and get to sleep. Let your husband take care of you. Thank you Brandi. He sat up yesterday and the oxygen keeps getting less and less. I need to go pick up a new humidifer, need to get rid of this sinus pain UGH.

How is everyone? :)

I had swelling too after one of my surgeries; I think I was holding fluid and a bit constipated at the time. A bit more gentle exercise and a mild laxative worked for me. Not sure that's your problem or not. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have some good advice.

I'm fine; been exercising even though my knees hurt some. THis coming week is the week before DH's first cataract surgery; lots of pre-op and eye measurement appointments plus we are going to meet with a potential tax preparer on Friday.

And Jo, have you had the sinus pain checked out? Some sinus pain turns out to actually be migraines for some people.

:headache:

Don't you do to much. Just think we are both resting and get to sleep. Let your husband take care of you. Thank you Brandi. He sat up yesterday and the oxygen keeps getting less and less. I need to go pick up a new humidifer, need to get rid of this sinus pain UGH.
I think I did too much, and I am paying for it today, I am in a little pain, nothing I can't handle but more than I have had in a week. I will do better I promise...
I have two different humidifiers, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I could not survive winter without them.

I had swelling too after one of my surgeries; I think I was holding fluid and a bit constipated at the time. A bit more gentle exercise and a mild laxative worked for me. Not sure that's your problem or not. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have some good advice.

I'm fine; been exercising even though my knees hurt some. THis coming week is the week before DH's first cataract surgery; lots of pre-op and eye measurement appointments plus we are going to meet with a potential tax preparer on Friday.

And Jo, have you had the sinus pain checked out? Some sinus pain turns out to actually be migraines for some people.

:headache:

Prayers for DH and his surgery. I hope it helps him see much better / clearer.
I think I need to go lie down on the couch, and just relax, David is going to have to make dinner tonight. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter