2013 Smiley Thread

I will be praying for you before and during your surgery. Just relax. You are very welled loved. Look forward to how you will feel afterward! :hug:
Thanks, you guys are great. I am doing better today, I had my pre-op appt and took David with me and he learned a lot. More than he wanted to know I am sure. LOL

Keep us in touch as you have your surgery! And you know we will all be thinking of you!
Thank you, it has been hard to focus on work, and I have so many things I am trying to wrap up.

One of my team members (a guy) said something yesterday about while I am out on vacation..... I almost lost it.

All they know is it is medical leave of absence.

The surgery should be starting exactly 6 days from right now (7:30 AM)

Thank you, it has been hard to focus on work, and I have so many things I am trying to wrap up.

One of my team members (a guy) said something yesterday about while I am out on vacation..... I almost lost it.

All they know is it is medical leave of absence.

The surgery should be starting exactly 6 days from right now (7:30 AM)
Just remain calm, you are loved and people are praying for you. Not everyone needs to know what is going on. I don't even need to know, i just need to know to pray for you. :hug:

Thanks Dear!

I can truly feel the love. It has helped a lot today, and I know it will help thru the next weeks.

:love:

Thanks Dear!

I can truly feel the love. It has helped a lot today, and I know it will help thru the next weeks.

:love:
Try not to focus on the surgery, I know it will be fine. Think about things you can do at home for recovery. Make everything ready for when you come home so you will have all things you need to be around you! :)

I have been downloading books to my kindle like crazy and I have a lot of Amazon Prime stuff in my watch list.

I plan on be a veg on the couch for a few weeks. :)

David is staying home for the first week with me, his boss is letting him work from home.

And don't forget that you can DIS to your heart's content Brandi!

DH has his first cataract surgery the day after your surgery but that should be a piece of cake. Then he gets the other eye done two weeks later. He will not be an easy patient.

Sounds like this is your first major surgery; it's natural to worry. If you can, try to think beyond the surgery to how much better you will feel a few weeks later.

DH has his first cataract surgery the day after your surgery but that should be a piece of cake. Then he gets the other eye done two weeks later. He will not be an easy patient.

Sounds like this is your first major surgery; it's natural to worry. If you can, try to think beyond the surgery to how much better you will feel a few weeks later.
I will keep him in prayer also. It is no fun having surgery for sure. I am a baby when it comes to pain.

I had a bunion removed about 5 years ago, and the surgery was ok not bad.
but I was not put under using general anesthesia, it was twilight with something else.

This time I get the tube down the throat, and it will take about 3 to 4 hours.

For the foot, I was in a surgery center, and was home in a few hours, this time I have to stay in the hospital.

They made me sign all kinds of paper work today creating an agent for me and my care. I had to sign something saying what to do with my body if i died, if I was in a coma, and if i was unable to make decisions for myself. I just cried the whole time I was filling this out, there are serious tear stains all over the paperwork.

It took me a couple of hours to get myself together. I seem to be on the brink of tears all the time now.

I passed my pre-anesthesia testing today, so now all I have to do is make it to Monday!

Kathy - prayers and pixie dust for DH and his surgeries

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts for DH; I'm sure he will be fine. He'll probably drive me nuts for a couple days but he will sail through it.

They made me sign all kinds of paper work today creating an agent for me and my care. I had to sign something saying what to do with my body if i died, if I was in a coma, and if i was unable to make decisions for myself. I just cried the whole time I was filling this out, there are serious tear stains all over the paperwork.

It took me a couple of hours to get myself together. I seem to be on the brink of tears all the time now.

Brandi - Reading your words made me want to reach through the internet to give you a big hug. I know you are strong so the whole idea of surgery must really be hitting you hard. There's not much I can say to reassure you except that you will be okay; you will be under the care of people who want you to do well.

I have had several major surgeries and worried too. It helped me to trust in others and think of other things like getting better and taking a trip. If talking with David would help, that may ease your anxiety. Share your worries with him; write your worries down on paper and put it away; maybe that will help. And enjoy this coming weekend; have a glass or two of wine and do something you both enjoy for fun. And ignore my advice if you want to!

Come Monday I will be thinking of you just as many others will! Maybe David can post an update for us on Tuesday (give him a link to do so).

Hugs and hugs and more hugs!

I was thinking the same thing Kathy, maybe David could update when your out of surgery and let us know how you are doing. I wish we could all be there in person for it. But we will be with you in spirit and thinking about you!! :hug:

I think part of my problem is I am a control freak and this is the ultimate test, giving up complete control to someone else.

Usually with David and I, in our relationship, I am the one that calms him down, I am full of logic and emotionally calming for him. BUT right now, I am unable to help him, so he gets upset that I am upset and I get upset because he is upset, so it is just a cycle.

BUT y'all have been wonderful. I love coming here and seeing your post, it is really helping.

I was thinking the same thing Kathy, maybe David could update when your out of surgery and let us know how you are doing. I wish we could all be there in person for it. But we will be with you in spirit and thinking about you!! :hug:
I will try and see if he can do it. I will bring it up on my phone and leave the link op, so he can post something.

We have to be there at 5:30 am, surgery is at 7:30 am, it will last for 3 1/2 hours or so, then I go to recovery. Then some time after that I get admitted to a room and I will be in the room for 23 hours (must be an insurance thing) then I get to go home.

Let David comfort you. And you are doing great. It will be over with before you know it. :grouphug:
we are going out to dinner tonight with friends, having a few drinks, and getting ready for the ice on Saturday!
Got a couple of things around the house to do, to get my "spot" ready and then it will be time to go and get it over with

So you guys are supposed to get the ice too? We're expecting ice then snow on Saturday and Sunday. I think the local kids are disappointed since most of our snow has been on weekends :dance3:

only 3 days left... :crazy2:

I'm so glad David went with you and knows what's ahead; he can shoulder your worries with you.

You are probably right about the control issue Brandi! I'm not a religious person (blame the over-zealous Catholic school years) but I think I finally
stopped feeling I had control of my life when I couldn't get pregnant for 9 years. I read about "locus of control" and it helped me relax a bit.

DH had his surgery postponed for a variety of paperwork issues so his will be in February. Gee, I get to go through all his pre-op appointments again....

We will definitely be thinking of you this coming week Brandi. Hugs and more hugs!

Brandi if you need to let loose of your feelings go ahead and use my pm box, I will look and not say a word. It is okay to get it out. We love you!!

So you guys are supposed to get the ice too? We're expecting ice then snow on Saturday and Sunday. I think the local kids are disappointed since most of our snow has been on weekends :dance3:

I'm so glad David went with you and knows what's ahead; he can shoulder your worries with you.

You are probably right about the control issue Brandi! I'm not a religious person (blame the over-zealous Catholic school years) but I think I finally
stopped feeling I had control of my life when I couldn't get pregnant for 9 years. I read about "locus of control" and it helped me relax a bit.

DH had his surgery postponed for a variety of paperwork issues so his will be in February. Gee, I get to go through all his pre-op appointments again....

We will definitely be thinking of you this coming week Brandi. Hugs and more hugs!

yes we have snow then ice in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday night, which we have been thinking that made we should look into going to a hotel so we could be closer to the hospital. It is only 16 miles away, but we have several hills and valleys, and bridges to go over, it usually takes 35 minutes to go those 16 miles, but wil a time of 5:30 to get there, I am hoping we will be fine.

Sorry to hear DH's was postponed and that you are lucky enough to do this all over again. That sucks.

Thank you for thinking of us and being there for us. I will take everything I can get. :) :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter