***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

you have to create a phantom. whether it is on your MDE or a different MDE is up to you but you have to create a phantom somehow. A MB has to be linked to SOMETHING to be able to be used for SDFP. unlinked won't work.
Oh.. hmm, ok... that means if I have an extra MB, I would need to link it to a phantom then. The one linked to my toddler is linked already so I should be able to book the SDFP on his, right?

Wow, it would never even occur to me to buy an additional MB, make a new MDE account, just so my child under 3 could have a FP. It just doesn't sit well with me. Almost feels like it's cheating the system.
Your child under 3 does not need an FP since they do not have tickets. So you're staying offsite?

you have to create a phantom. whether it is on your MDE or a different MDE is up to you but you have to create a phantom somehow. A MB has to be linked to SOMETHING to be able to be used for SDFP. unlinked won't work.

This piece of the puzzle makes it all fit together! It seems small, but it's actually huge. THANKS! :-)

lol. i just used our middlenames and lastnames. too bad i missed my chance at ben dover
Ok I have to get some work done today everyone. Gonna bow out for a little while. Besides, this SDFP stuff can get a little crazy sometimes with those who disagree with doing it. So if any newcomers to this thread get a little testy. My advice to all that are on here just innocently sharing information/tips would be to just ignore them. Don't get wrapped up in a debate on whether it's right or wrong.

At the MK, LOTS of great FPs are. like right now if I were to show up at the MK at this second and want to book FPs this is what is available:
buzz 11:50
dumbo 12:55
hm 1:30
jungle cruise 1:40
mad tea party 2:00
meet mickey 7:10
meet tink 11;50
philharmagic 12:30
monsters inc 2:05
peter pan 9:25
pirates 1:45
space mountain 4:45
splash 9:10
barnstormer 3:20
magic carpets 2:00, 2:40, 2:45
pooh 12:25
tomorrowland speedway 5:25
little mermaid 1:30

i didn't list all of the return times but for example if you walked in right now you could do jungle cruise at 1:40 then space at 4:45 and grab tomorrowland speedway at 5:45 (that's what I would do with my kiddo) and do walk on stuff in between that. those are just the first available but youc ould fill your afternoon with FPs many different ways. As a strategy I would grab the hardest one first like space mountain and then I would fill in with things around it, like speedway (my child loves that) and then maybe book another one earlier in another land. Pirates right now has a 25 minute wait, I'd maybe do that... then jungle cruise, then things like carousel of progress and people mover and monsters inc and stitch and kill time til my space and then do speedway after that. But I'd also have some planned fastpasses to use too if it were me.

I have been watching the FPs and what is available at various times and I will be posting my MK strategies later. It will include my thoughts on SDFP and how I'd like to use them. It might be helpful!

epcot still has
Tier 1:
illuminations
and most of the teir 2's available

DHS has all of the Tier 1's avialable, jus tsome much later in the day. nothing is sold out at all

Ak has everthing available too. first safari is a t3:50

I think there is a very good selection of SDFP honestly .
@LisaF, thanks for posting this! I'm nervous because I can't seen available fp at all right now. I'm hoping my window opens at my 60 day mark. I'm just curious how you can see the fp availability now, because I think you're staying at a resort too? Do you not have a package? If I have a magic your way package does that make it so I can't see availability until my window? Thanks :)

EDIT!! I think I read in an early post that you can see current fp availability on TP?

Last edited:

Then you will get an MB for your toddler even if he/she does not have tickets. You can use that band to use same day fastpasses as this does not need a ticket to book. :) (at least that's what I'm understanding)
Right, DD2 will get a MB. And knowing my luck, the system wouldn't work for me. ;)

Ok I have to get some work done today everyone. Gonna bow out for a little while. Besides, this SDFP stuff can get a little crazy sometimes with those who disagree with doing it. So if any newcomers to this thread get a little testy. My advice to all that are on here just innocently sharing information/tips would be to just ignore them. Don't get wrapped up in a debate on whether it's right or wrong.
Not debating whether its right or wrong, my personal feeling is that it isn't right. Everyone will do what they think is right for their family.

No, onsite.

So, we will book at 60 days, but I'm still kind of shocked by it all, I guess.
if you are not comfortable with it at all, that is fine. If you want to read about it, here is a thread on the dis that is all about it:

http://disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/

I respect that people may not be comfortable with doing it themselves, and as one of the two people who started this thread, I respectfully request that we not debate whether it is ok or not over on this thread and allow it to devolve into name calling again (we have had that happen already once before). It is a loophole that is known by Disney and is being allowed by them by not fixing it (for how much longer nobody knows). That kind of debate is not allowed on the FP+ board either, and if flagged to the moderators will be removed from here as well. Your own personal comfort level with it is yours, as is everyone else who has looked into it. I have really enjoyed your contributions to the thread so I hope you are ok with that!

Last edited:
@LisaF, thanks for posting this! I'm nervous because I can't seen available fp at all right now. I'm hoping my window opens at my 60 day mark. I'm just curious how you can see the fp availability now, because I think you're staying at a resort too? Do you not have a package? If I have a magic your way package does that make it so I can't see availability until my window? Thanks :)
I am booked at a DVC resort and I already have tickets linked to my account. if you don't have tickets linked you can't see anything. I could be making FPs today from my phone if I was there! If there are NO tickets linked (but still a MB linked) to an account you cannot make FP+ on the app, either in advance or same day. The ONLY place you can make SDFP for a profile with no tickets linked to it is at the kiosks in the park you are in. if you were going to buy tickets last minute you will not be able to take advantage of your 60 day window unless you have them purchased and linked. made that mistake on my last trip - scrambled to buy tickets at 60 days and get them linked. Still got 7DMT though!

Last edited:
if you are not comfortable with it at all, that is fine. If you want to read about it, here is a thread on the dis that is all about it:

http://disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/

I respect that people may not be comfortable with doing it themselves, and as one of the two people who started this thread, I respectfully request that we not debate whether it is ok or not over on this thread and allow it to devolve into name calling again (we have had that happen already once before). It is a loophole that is known by Disney and is being allowed by them by not fixing it (for how much longer nobody knows). That kind of debate is not allowed on the FP+ board either, and if flagged to the moderators will be removed from here as well. Your own personal comfort level with it is yours, as is everyone else who has looked into it. I have really enjoyed your contributions to the thread so I hope you are ok with that!
Oh yes! I won't talk about it anymore.

I am booked at a DVC resort and I already have tickets linked to my account. if you don't have tickets linked you can't see anything. I could be making FPs today from my phone if I was there! If there are NO tickets linked (but still a MB linked) to an account you cannot make FP+ on the app, either in advance or same day. The ONLY place you can make SDFP for a profile with no tickets linked to it is at the kiosks in the park you are in. if you were going to buy tickets last minute you will not be able to take advantage of your 60 day window unless you have them purchased and linked. made that mistake on my last trip - scrambled to buy tickets at 60 days and get them linked. Still got 7DMT though!
oooh ok! So, for those of us that have the package at just a resort, and have 4 or 5 day tickets , why does it show on MDE that there are no tickets linked? Sorry for all the questions :(

oooh ok! So, for those of us that have the package at just a resort, and have 4 or 5 day tickets , why does it show on MDE that there are no tickets linked? Sorry for all the questions :(
I do not know the answer to that except it could have to do with whether the package is paid in full or not. My guess is they are not going to actually assign nonrefundable tickets to you until everything is paid for. When is the final payment due?

mine is not a package. the room is separate and i purchased and paid in full for the tickets, an AP for the kiddo and a 7 day PH for me. both are linked to our profiles.

It'll say, Resort Reservation(s), Tickets and Passes, Dining Reservations, Fast Passes -- and what ever is booked and linked will be listed under that category.

I do not know the answer to that except it could have to do with whether the package is paid in full or not. My guess is they are not going to actually assign nonrefundable tickets to you until everything is paid for. When is the final payment due?

mine is not a package. the room is separate and i purchased and paid in full for the tickets, an AP for the kiddo and a 7 day PH for me. both are linked to our profiles.
Oooh! That could be it! It's not due until November, but that makes complete sense. I'll give the MDE/ fp people a call and see what they have to say, too. Thanks!

Did you look under the reservations and ticket section in MDE?
Yes. It shows both my parents and my family's hotel , our dinner reservations and lists 5 tickets for each person. But when I go to the fp to "check it out" it says no tickets linked :( I'm nervous about fp day! So I have no idea what it looks like to try to book. Like I could practice with the adrs. I watched some YouTube videos, but worried tickets won't show day of. Strange :(

Yes. It shows both my parents and my family's hotel , our dinner reservations and lists 5 tickets for each person. But when I go to the fp to "check it out" it says no tickets linked :( I'm nervous about fp day! So I have no idea what it looks like to try to book. Like I could practice with the adrs. I watched some YouTube videos, but worried tickets won't show day of. Strange :(
I might give Disney a call just for peace of mind. Disney's website is notorious for being wonky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter