***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I hope Disney doesn't mess too much with the hours at this point. It's beyond frustrating that we're already waiting for so many things to open up at this stage in the planning, but then to have them go change things that most of us have already planned...GRRR. Why basically force is to book ADR's at 180, and FP+ at 60 days if they're going to change everything last minute?
(Sorry for the grouchiness...coffee hasn't kicked in yet!)

Here's how I understand it: Once you use all 3 of your FP, you can get another one same day (either in same or different park). Once that 4th is used, you get another one. Once that is used, yet another, and so on. Someone please correct me if that isn't accurate!! :-)
I thought you could get 3 more once the first 3 were used? I still need to do more research about the whole FP thing.

That 12/5 was for me.... please please I do have one on 12/2. It's really not a big deal. I'd rather have everyone look for people that don't have thier wishes filled yet. :)

My understanding is that you can get more FP+ after your initial 3. ... but only one at a time. You can keep getting as many as you want after you use the last one... so 4....5...6....7 If your park hopping you can book your 4th in the next park after you've scanned your 3rd.

I hope Disney doesn't mess too much with the hours at this point. It's beyond frustrating that we're already waiting for so many things to open up at this stage in the planning, but then to have them go change things that most of us have already planned...GRRR. Why basically force is to book ADR's at 180, and FP+ at 60 days if they're going to change everything last minute?

From the looks of it, AK and DHS hours might be updated. (AK more likely) MK hours might change depending on the crowds then but apparently, Disney often changes it by an hour in the morning with very short notice.

I thought you could get 3 more once the first 3 were used? I still need to do more research about the whole FP thing.

I thought the same at @Talby where you get 3 FP first then get one at a time after (unlimited).

I have an Arkerhaus on 12/5 at 8:15 pm for three. I have no intention of keeping it.
Please let me know if anyone wants it.

Were any of you ladies looking for an Ohana dinner on 12/4? I snagged one when I saw one thinking of you all, but then I realized that the Ohana dinner I'd read about here was the one @Lisa F was talking about already having and not needing one!
thanks, I am set on my 'Ohana. I grabbed another breakfast but will probably release it soon. I will let people know when I do!

Geez I get taken in to surgery and come back to lots of new pages. I don't have it in me to read them all right now because I have a migraine. But the good news is the migraine is the only pain I have besides the discomforts associated with the surgery. No more appendix! The surgeon noted that he saw fluid that was likely a cyst on my ovary that burst. That very well may have been the culprit if not the appendix. Unfortunately it sounds like those ovarian cysts come back, so I'm sure some follow up will be required with my OBGYN. I just started eating food. If it wasn't for this darn migraine, I'd be doing pretty good.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! My husband and my mother just left so now it's just me, my laptop, and my graham crackers.

Sometime earlier today when I was feeling good, I settled on wanting a lunch at SciFi on 11/30 and a breakfast at Tusker House on 12/2. I set up a reservation finder for the Tusker house one and Ill see what we can get. It doesn't have to be PPO or anything.
and YOU. Ugh with the cysts. I hope you start feeling lots better. Hopefully it was your appendix and no more worries.

Just booked our flights! :yay:
We bit the bullet and chose Southwest, which leaves from the airport a mile from my house...best part is we got direct flights, so no worrying about stopping in stinky Newark. I'll have to leave about an hour early from work (I work from home), but my boss had already told me it was fine. AND instead of getting there at 11:30pm like we originally thought, now we'll get into MCO around 7:55pm....so we'll save a bit of cash by taking ME direct to the resort.
I was price matching between SW or doing a United/Delta combo, and with the bag fees SW ended up being cheaper. It wasn't the cheapest option, but DH is happy with the non-stop, even if it was a little more than we planned on spending. Also, the departure flight leaves at 8pm, so now we'll have a whole extra day in Disney to do what we want. :)
I also purchased the Early Bird Check-in, which I'm guessing is helpful to get in the highest possible boarding group. I haven't flown SW since 2007 and so much has changed since then. I'm so happy to have it out of the way!

YAY. hope it is stress free for you!

MVMCP & FP+'s prior ALERT!!

just wanted to let everyone know what I read about on another board. Apparently if you book a FP for window ending past 6:30 they will cancel it on you. Someone had thier 5:35 - 6:35 7DMT canceled on them. So please, your latest return window before a christmas party (whether you are attending or not) cannot be later than 6:30pm. I hope they fix this glitch so it is not even possible to book by the time we book but I wouldn't count on it!

Here's how I understand it: Once you use all 3 of your FP, you can get another one same day (either in same or different park). Once that 4th is used, you get another one. Once that is used, yet another, and so on. Someone please correct me if that isn't accurate!! :-)
I hope you are. I really don't know but your way makes a lot more sense than mine lol

I've had plenty of coffee and I'm still annoyed by this hours thing! lol :crazy:

I am curious about these SDFP. I read the thread on them and understand it for the most part. (I think I would just buy all additional bands in the same color so to avoid wondering which belongs to who and do them all the same) My question- what FPs are usually available when you show up for SDFP?

good question. A lot of people report frustration with their PPO meals no longer being PPO. it is not beyond disney to expand the hours in either direction during busy times of the year esp at MK. I think Epcot hours don't change much. I think HS and AK don't generally open any earlier but they might keep them open later.

good question. A lot of people report frustration with their PPO meals no longer being PPO. it is not beyond disney to expand the hours in either direction during busy times of the year esp at MK. I think Epcot hours don't change much. I think HS and AK don't generally open any earlier but they might keep them open later.
Yes, I agree. I think MK is the most notorious for this. The other parks will probably extend at the end of the day rather than in the morning.

I hope you are. I really don't know but your way makes a lot more sense than mine lol
Pretty sure you can book more than one after (I've read several trip reports that mention this). Although initially I was not sure whether you can book one only or 3 at once after the first three is used.

I've seen someone say in the FP+ board that you can book an FP+ (4th, 5th or 6th) and just keep modifying to get an earlier time...

I am curious about these SDFP. I read the thread on them and understand it for the most part. (I think I would just buy all additional bands in the same color so to avoid wondering which belongs to who and do them all the same) My question- what FPs are usually available when you show up for SDFP?
At the MK, LOTS of great FPs are. like right now if I were to show up at the MK at this second and want to book FPs this is what is available:
buzz 11:50
dumbo 12:55
hm 1:30
jungle cruise 1:40
mad tea party 2:00
meet mickey 7:10
meet tink 11;50
philharmagic 12:30
monsters inc 2:05
peter pan 9:25
pirates 1:45
space mountain 4:45
splash 9:10
barnstormer 3:20
magic carpets 2:00, 2:40, 2:45
pooh 12:25
tomorrowland speedway 5:25
little mermaid 1:30

i didn't list all of the return times but for example if you walked in right now you could do jungle cruise at 1:40 then space at 4:45 and grab tomorrowland speedway at 5:45 (that's what I would do with my kiddo) and do walk on stuff in between that. those are just the first available but youc ould fill your afternoon with FPs many different ways. As a strategy I would grab the hardest one first like space mountain and then I would fill in with things around it, like speedway (my child loves that) and then maybe book another one earlier in another land. Pirates right now has a 25 minute wait, I'd maybe do that... then jungle cruise, then things like carousel of progress and people mover and monsters inc and stitch and kill time til my space and then do speedway after that. But I'd also have some planned fastpasses to use too if it were me.

I have been watching the FPs and what is available at various times and I will be posting my MK strategies later. It will include my thoughts on SDFP and how I'd like to use them. It might be helpful!

epcot still has
Tier 1:
illuminations
and most of the teir 2's available

DHS has all of the Tier 1's avialable, jus tsome much later in the day. nothing is sold out at all

Ak has everthing available too. first safari is a t3:50

I think there is a very good selection of SDFP honestly .

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can book more than one after (I've read several trip reports that mention this). Although initially I was not sure whether you can book one only or 3 at once after the first three is used.

I've seen someone say in the FP+ board that you can book an FP+ (4th, 5th or 6th) and just keep modifying to get an earlier time...
I'm not sure I have any days long enough to make that work but it makes sense.

I'm not sure I have any days long enough to make that work but it makes sense.
I think SDFP might work better for you :) I'm not sure about my plans yet but I think I'm pretty set on ADRs (except BOG) but I think this might work on the day we have MK in the afternoon... (Wednesday EMH night) You can book right after using your last fastpass at EPCOT. Then you can go to MK and have 1 FP set already, the rest you can use SDFP on the kiosk there.

just found last year's december hours. Right now MK has a start time of 9am every day. in 2015 they did open at 8am but only close to xmas starting the 18th (the friday before). I think we won't see movement in that direction.

Last december during our week the hours were:

MK 9-11 on non party nights (9-10 announced so far)
HS 9-8 (9-7 announced so far)
AK 9-5 (9-6 announced so far)
Epcot 9-9:30 (9-9:30)

so my guess is at MOST we will get another hour at MK to 11pm, another hour at HS to 8pm and AK will add another hour or two if RoL debuts but won't if there is no nighttime show. AK restaurants are booking out til 6pm so i doubt they would roll it back at this point. All of those would be positive changes and help my schedule, not hurt it.

Epcot is pretty solidly set in stone 9-9 except when holiday illuminations happens when it happens at 9:30. it has been this way since at least 2000 so I doubt that will change.

We're bringing DD8 and DS2.
We will be using extra MB for SDFP. I don't have expectations of getting any of the tier 1 or popular rides but if we do, great. We're hoping to use them for the rides for our 2yo. Things like Dumbo, Triceratops spin, etc. These rides usually don't have crazy standby lines but if we can use a SDFP rather than wait even 20 minutes in regular standby line, then it's worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter