Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

Thanks again!!

MJ
Some things I would recommend food wise there are the turkey legs, chocolate covered fruit, bread bowl soups, the iced desserts, and the pickles. They also have veggie options as well. Hydration is key when at the fair. Think Disney prices when it comes to food and souvenirs.

https://renfair.com/ny/the-faire/food/

I did want to mention that one thing that makes this fair unique is that it follows the Robin Hood story from multiple angles. There are many shows that follow the perspective of the Royals (Queen Elizabeth 1) and some that focus on Robin Hood and the Sheriff. Big events like the living chess matches and jousts have both stories intertwined. If you have younger kids, they may enjoy the Robin Hood perspective shows more than the Royal focused ones. The paper programs they sell at the fair give a good description layout about what each story will be dealing with. My family likes to explore both storylines when we go (the fair always throws something new with the stories every couple of years).
:-)

Some things I would recommend food wise there are the turkey legs, chocolate covered fruit, bread bowl soups, the iced desserts, and the pickles. They also have veggie options as well. Hydration is key when at the fair. Think Disney prices when it comes to food and souvenirs.

https://renfair.com/ny/the-faire/food/

I did want to mention that one thing that makes this fair unique is that it follows the Robin Hood story from multiple angles. There are many shows that follow the perspective of the Royals (Queen Elizabeth 1) and some that focus on Robin Hood and the Sheriff. Big events like the living chess matches and jousts have both stories intertwined. If you have younger kids, they may enjoy the Robin Hood perspective shows more than the Royal focused ones. The paper programs they sell at the fair give a good description layout about what each story will be dealing with. My family likes to explore both storylines when we go (the fair always throws something new with the stories every couple of years).
:-)
I will definitely do some research before I go...thanks!

If anyone goes to one of the fairs for the first time this year, please post about your experience. Did you enjoy it? Will you go back? Will you bring more friends/family with you next time?

Sure, it’s been going on for at least 25 years 🙂. The festival takes place on the grounds of the Cloisters and pretty sure it’s listed on the museum’s calendar even though they aren’t associated with it.
This is the one we go to also :). (Maybe not now that I think about it, lol). Many good memories even though we don’t go every year. It’s says 45th Anniversary on the website this year. Wow.

https://renfair.com/ny/special-events/

We’ve gotten free tickets many times by donating blood locally.

Imagine wearing full-body metal armor in this heat. Funk dat!
Yeah I would go, I've never been to one before. The juxtaposition of a guy in an Under Armour shirt and denim jorts (and Crocs, ug), drinking from a plastic cup while standing next to a period-accurate blacksmith is just too funny to me.

"Behold, my loyal horse, D'artagnan! And what, may I ask, is the name of your steed, my lady?"
"Dodge Stratus...?"

Yeah I would go, I've never been to one before. The juxtaposition of a guy in an Under Armour shirt and denim jorts (and Crocs, ug), drinking from a plastic cup while standing next to a period-accurate blacksmith is just too funny to me.
Lots of people just wear regular clothes.

Lots of people just wear regular clothes.
That's what I'm saying, it's a mix-mash of plainclothes guests amongst folks who are dressed for the era.

There are no fairs near me, but I've met some people who belong to the Society for Creative Achronism, which is based around the Medieval era. They're more into reenactments but people are invited, so I guess it's sort of similar to ren fairs? They actually are skilled in crafts and practices of the time, and have a huge community, even weddings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter