• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

We have not gone this year. It's still running for about another two weeks. We may end up skipping it but it won't be due to COVID worries...just lack of interest. We have gone in the past.

Went to my local one in Georgia on May 22nd. I am fully vaccinated so didn’t worry about Covid. Made sure to tip the performers I saw extra generous this year since last year was probably super tough with everything getting shut down.

Ours just ended (TN). We’ve never been, but it looks fun. Face masks/shields were required.
Every region in the USA has a different take on their faire. If you have the chance you should check one out. YouTube always has the best highlights of a faire’s season if you want to see what it’s all about.

Ours just ended (TN). We’ve never been, but it looks fun. Face masks/shields were required.
Hey we are in middle TN too!!!
My husband and daughter, and his parents just went last weekend. Ours are weekends in May. They had a lot of fun. so glad to see all the performers back. Very few masks, performers had no masks. He said the lines were the longest he's ever seen them, and that was with all the tickets needing to be reserved ahead of time. .We've been going almost every year since 2011 It's fun, and close, so easy to get to. Son and I skipped this year, just due to other plans. But hubby did bring me my favorite snack--Scotch eggs

Last edited:
Shadowfax5555 ’s YouTube channel has many videos from past NY fairs. It’s a great joy to watch during the pandemic.

Hey we are in middle TN too!!!
My husband and daughter, and his parents just went last weekend. Ours are weekends in May. They had a lot of fun. so glad to see all the performers back. Very few masks, performers had no masks. He said the lines were the longest he's ever seen them, and that was with all the tickets needing to be reserved ahead of time. .We've been going almost every year since 2011 It's fun, and close, so easy to get to. Son and I skipped this year, just due to other plans. But hubby did bring me my favorite snack--Scotch eggs

Howdy neighbor :wave: how fun! Yes, it looks like yesterday was the last day. We’ve been here so long and never been, shame. Always say we’ll go. Also missed the reopening of the flea market, but plan to go the end of the month :goodvibes

We went for Mother's Day. Ours is 40 years old and is well laid out for social distancing. Most people wore a mask but it was easy to avoid people who weren't even when we were eating. They'd also taken some precautions such as having hand sanitizer readily available, having water bottle fillers instead of water fountains, and blocking off some of the seats in the permanent performance areas. We're pretty cautious but we felt safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter