• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to book flights?

Well, it's more than I wanted to pay, but I locked in some A/C Flex flights for next year. At least the times were better than the remaining Tango or the WestJet flights. DH just wanted it over with, so done and seats selected. Now I just have to wait for Air Canada to rejig all their flights and move me around, probably to a time that's not as good as what I booked and paid for.

What's so horrible with Rouge? Isn't it all just Air Canada? I mean, I see that they expect you to have your own entertainment system, but other than that, is there something I should know about?

Hi Hon
For me personally the entertainment system or lack of it on AC has never bothered me--I enjoy my tablet or a good book.I bring my own snacks. My problem is with their lack of people on duty during a high travel time. I have experienced this during the Christmas break and March break. Even their baggage tag kiosks seem to be empty during these high volume times. Two years ago check in was done for two separate flights at the same time with 2 staff members on duty. I kept looking over at the West Jet area which was staffed by 6 people and running VERY smoothly and realized I needed to change carriers. My flight times with AC always changed 3-4 times before my travel date.
West Jets staff just seem to care more about the customer.
Best wishes
Hugs Mel

Yeah, that changing the flights thing is really annoying, especially if you pay a premium for certain flight times and then they bump you to another flight entirely. Once, they put DH on a different flight than the kids and me. I had to practically beg to get him switched to our flight and they were going to charge me for a flight change until I pointed out that it was their error.

Anyone have advice on booking a one way flight home after Christmas vacation? Looking for January 7th. Any idea when seat sales will come out? I have flights using points to get us there...just need flight home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter