• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to book flights?

My interpretation is they are flying to Orlando on Southwest out of Buffalo and returning via Air Canada to Toronto. Hold on there will be good deals come August for your timeframe. You just need to wait for the sales timeframe to kick in.

This is correct!!

I'm waiting for West Jet to open for next March. 2017 YYZ to MCO
I want to be able to nab the best deal I can and also use my companion flight voucher.
(I'm taking my grand-daughter this time).
The waiting is driving me nuts~~~~~!
Hugs Mel

This is going to be DGSs first trip too. I've been waiting 5 years for this! So I'm feeling pretty impatient too.:tongue:
:Pinkbounc

We booked YYZ to MCO for about $475 pp (Westjet non stop). This was about 2 months out from our trip. I was monitoring prices for awhile and it was the best I could get for that time period. We ended up paying less though because of Westjet rewards and the $99 companion MasterCard deal.

I booked my flight Friday for Detroit to Orlando on Oct 13 and coming back the 19th for $192 per person US round trip. Non stop too (Delta), so it can be done now. Just gotta keep an eye out. :)
Great deal for a non stop! I never seem to find those when I am looking. Do you guys stay over night in Buffalo or drive the day of.

Edit: I meant Detroit not Buffalo.

Last edited:
I book within the first week of the dates opening. I fly out of the US as it's cheaper.

I book within the first week of the dates opening. I fly out of the US as it's cheaper.
Long long time ago, airlines would give you back the difference if they lowered the fare after you bought and you asked. The purpose was to encourage customers to buy early, and money pours into the airlines' coffers sooner.

When it is not a really popular date and you buy at their everday price early anyway, then the airlines don't have the incentive to give you back that difference (price match).

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

Long long time ago, airlines would give you back the difference if they lowered the fare after you bought and you asked. The purpose was to encourage customers to buy early, and money pours into the airlines' coffers sooner.

When it is not a really popular date and you buy at their everday price early anyway, then the airlines don't have the incentive to give you back that difference (price match).

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm
For me it has always worked. I have not seen the price drop on any of my flights. I use Alaska Airlines and the price only goes up. I usually only travel between Bellingham and LAX or Honolulu and Seattle to MCO.

I hate to promote it since they are a Crap Shoot on service. Sunwing.ca still has pretty cheap flights from YYZ to MCO. If you can find another Airline that compares then use them HAHA. Sunwing has screwed us in the past a couple of times BUT the prices were hard to beat.
Just priced out June 11 for 7 days return and it was $1196 including taxes for 4 ppl.
You can even find cheap flights from Sunwing flying into St.Petes then driving over to Orlando. 90 mins.

Just for your information, I was able to book a round trip with Air Can for mid October, at the end of February, for under $350! It was so random because I wasn't expecting a sale that far in advance (usually Feb sales will be for travel up to June) but it just happened so I booked. I would say just keep monitoring, use google flight alert too. You just never know!

Just for your information, I was able to book a round trip with Air Can for mid October, at the end of February, for under $350! It was so random because I wasn't expecting a sale that far in advance (usually Feb sales will be for travel up to June) but it just happened so I booked. I would say just keep monitoring, use google flight alert too. You just never know!

I saw that! And a Westjet one. And I groaned when I saw the dates ended just before our trip. I'm definitely going to be stalking the websites, and I've got alerts set as well.

We bit the bullet and spent about 600/pp on Delta for direct round trip out of Pearson to Orlando for the week of Labor Day weekend - this was 150 pp less than west jet (which had horrible times - as in arriving end of the day, leaving at 6 am on the last day horrible) or Air Canada. We do not own a car, and aside from not being able to get there, getting a good AM flight out of buffalo would have required a nights hotel anyways so not worth the hassle and extra expense and even if we did have a car - over the three months I checked regularly southwest prices were on par.

We booked our November flights in August last year. I highly recommend downloading the Hopper app. It tracks the flights and tells you a good time to book. We got the best deal booking when I got the text from them about the flight price drop. they'll also say they predict it'll go down or up.

We bit the bullet and spent about 600/pp on Delta for direct round trip out of Pearson to Orlando for the week of Labor Day weekend - this was 150 pp less than west jet (which had horrible times - as in arriving end of the day, leaving at 6 am on the last day horrible) or Air Canada. We do not own a car, and aside from not being able to get there, getting a good AM flight out of buffalo would have required a nights hotel anyways so not worth the hassle and extra expense and even if we did have a car - over the three months I checked regularly southwest prices were on par.

You got lucky. I can't even find a direct Delta flight from YYZ to MCO. They all have at least 1 stop. I'm looking for flights further out than you, though, so that may make a difference.

We got $1050 US buf to Mco for Aug 23-31 for all 4 of us, all direct flights. We booked about 2 weeks ago. I've always found it cheaper out of Buffalo then Toronto plus I like buf better, not as crazy as TO

Trying to be patient here,,,,I even made up a fake boarding pass as I am patiently waiting,,,,come on West Jet HURRY UP!
Hugs Mel

ademo7_zpsyr2ppa1q.jpg

That's really well done. You should send a prototype of that off to WestJet. They should use it for their boarding passes. You're very talented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter