What is your Disney shameful secret?

My wife & I would only ride Maelstrom for the same reason people watch a crappy B movie: to laugh at how ridiculous it is.

1. I cry at the first sight of the castle and for the mass majority of Wishes. So stinkin' magical.
2. I haven't ridden Peter Pan in years because I don't think its worth the wait or wasting a FP. No nostalgia there for me.
3. I didn't try a Dole Whip until I was 19. Now I can't imagine a trip without one!
4. I loved Frozen when I first saw it, but am now completely fed up with it. It is nowhere near the best Disney movie ever, but is being treated as such.
5. I saw multiple characters with their heads off as a teen and it gave me a couple nightmares during the remainder of that trip.
6. I used to have Wishes on my iPod but had to remove it because it'd make me all teary on my way to work.
7. One of the highlights of my trips is getting pixie dusted....even if the glitter seems to stay on my scalp forever.
8. Three or so years ago, after leaving the restrooms, a woman tapped my shoulder and told me the back of my dress was tucked into my underwear. And it sure was.
9. I've never stayed at a WDW resort!

Love this thread! :wave2:

Also, my first WDW visit was at the age of 18 with the marching band. Hated it. Well, MK anyway. I loved HS (MGM). Never had the desire to go back to MK until several years later when my first son was 2. Didn't go back to HS until about 15 years after my first visit. My first visits to AK and Epcot came just a few years back and I'm now addicted to Epcot.

The people in my life know I love Disney, but not how much. And nobody outside my husband knows that I stalk these boards for fun.

I've been to Disneyland ... I don't like that Pirates either. I haven't been in a few years, though ... Maybe I have to go back and experience it again.

Really? To each their own! Pirates and Peter Pan (DL versions) are my favorites. The only think I like better about them at WDW is that they have FP there.

Love this thread, and Im excited to read through it all to distract myself from changing ADRs around (again!) :rotfl:

Here are a few off the top of my head:
1. I love MSEP so much that sometimes videos of it (or hearing the music even) makes me cry a little
2. I would rather see Fantasmic than have a fancy signature dinner
3. DGF and I are kid-less right now, and I'm secretly worried that our trips will be less fun when it's no longer just the two of us.

Love this thread, and Im excited to read through it all to distract myself from changing ADRs around (again!) :rotfl:

Here are a few off the top of my head:
1. I love MSEP so much that sometimes videos of it (or hearing the music even) makes me cry a little
2. I would rather see Fantasmic than have a fancy signature dinner
3. DGF and I are kid-less right now, and I'm secretly worried that our trips will be less fun when it's no longer just the two of us.

I would have to say I have wondered about #3 myself.

1. I cry at the first sight of the castle and for the mass majority of Wishes. So stinkin' magical.
2. I haven't ridden Peter Pan in years because I don't think its worth the wait or wasting a FP. No nostalgia there for me.
3. I didn't try a Dole Whip until I was 19. Now I can't imagine a trip without one!
4. I loved Frozen when I first saw it, but am now completely fed up with it. It is nowhere near the best Disney movie ever, but is being treated as such.
5. I saw multiple characters with their heads off as a teen and it gave me a couple nightmares during the remainder of that trip.
6. I used to have Wishes on my iPod but had to remove it because it'd make me all teary on my way to work.
7. One of the highlights of my trips is getting pixie dusted....even if the glitter seems to stay on my scalp forever.
8. Three or so years ago, after leaving the restrooms, a woman tapped my shoulder and told me the back of my dress was tucked into my underwear. And it sure was.
9. I've never stayed at a WDW resort!

Love this thread! :wave2:

Omg. 3 or so more years ago I stopped a woman to tell her that her dress was in her underwear!! Magic kingdom. Bathrooms near splash mountain. ☺️

1. I am obsessed with the Haunted Mansion and make sure to ride it each night, each trip (same with the jungle cruise)
2. I really dislike the Animal Kingdom...Just an expensive zoo...
3. I hate the Disney bus system and avoid it at all costs...

Hadn't been on Toy Story Mania even though everyone said it was the best ride there. We had gone three years in a row without going on it bc I just couldn't see what the appeal was.. Until our fourth trip last year. I'm obsessed now! We rode it three times. Best ride!! :) Oh and I DESPISE the monorail! After getting stuck for 45 mins and had to back up and walk from Contemporary, that was the last straw! Many other times getting stuck too. I only ride the boat!

I've never seen fantasia either...
I went on Mission to Mars and hated it...which was a bummer for me

Going without the kids (for my and DH 10 year anniversary)! I feel guilty and excited at the same time. They don't know (yet). :( My DH and I NEVER go out alone without kids. In the 10 years we have been married we have probably gone out 5 times alone. I feel bad but also think that we need to spend time together as a couple. We should celebrate this milestone. We can do it again at 25 years. Our youngest will be 15 (he's a newborn now) but the two oldest will be adults.

The fireworks scare me. I feel like they're right on top of me and will, I don't know, set my hair on fire or something. On our last trip we were behind the Castle for Wishes (don't do that you can't see squat), and my sister had to lead me out of the crowd and away by the hand because I was shaking so much.

It's a different experience but not any less fun. DD27 still likes WDW, but DS23 and DW are of the "been there, done that" school of vacation experience. I've actually have more fun going solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter