We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

Yay! Hyatt's are one of my favorites! :lovestruc

Of course you're on the docket! :woohoo: We briefly spoke about Disney. We'll be in the parks for two days between 7/6-7/8. Most likely we'll do the beach 7/6 and the parks 7/7 and 7/8. It doesn't make much sense to do the beach when we're on property. Just let me know which day works best for you. We need to share some Plaza Inn fried chicken and Cobb salad. I love that meal!!!

Oh I'm glad to hear that! We've never stayed there. You know me I'm normally an Ayres girl but Kacy is the one paying. We were going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but, as she says we've done that before. This should be fun! I'm Disney Bounding as Ursula one day and turning around the next day and Disney Bounding as Vanessa. I found a dress to wear on Dapper day that will work well for that.

Not that I don't want to but we're totally going to have to wing this one. We are driving to Cambria on the 8th and we have band on the 7th and getting Fran to pack for anything is like pulling teeth!

I see me nagging her all day to pack for the trip on Tuesday so we don't arrive there at 10PM Wednesday. Maybe beach day would be a better plan.

I forgot you were leaving when we get there. You want to meet us at the beach? That would be a blast! You're more than welcome too. Just keep me posted; we're easy. Of course if its set to rain (which it better not in early July) we'll do Disney on the rain day. We may stay a day after the One Direction concert. You'll be gone but that'll give my girls another shot at the beach. :beach: The hotel situation in San Diego turned into a cluster due to Comicon being that same weekend. :crazy2:

Oh I'm glad to hear that! We've never stayed there. You know me I'm normally an Ayres girl but Kacy is the one paying. We were going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but, as she says we've done that before. This should be fun! I'm Disney Bounding as Ursula one day and turning around the next day and Disney Bounding as Vanessa. I found a dress to wear on Dapper day that will work well for that.

Oh yeah, we love Hyatt's. Michael worked for one in his early 20's.

How fun to be Ursula!!!! :woohoo: Who is Kacy going to be? I love how close you two are. Who is Vanessa? :blush:

Last night Gabby asked me to make her a FastPass plan for her two days in Disney this week. :lmao: Of course I did. She told that because Braden has never been, she needs to do it right and not stand in lines all day.

Kacy hasn't decided yet! She's my friend as well as my daughter. Kody is Disney Bounding as Tinkerbell. Also each day of the trip she's going to wear a Disney themed bow. Vanessa is the human form Ursula takes.

You and Gabby have a good relationship too! You've trained her well with Disney!

Last night Gabby asked me to make her a FastPass plan for her two days in Disney this week. :lmao: Of course I did. She told that because Braden has never been, she needs to do it right and not stand in lines all day.

What days will they be at the parks?

::yes:: They are! That was another reason I stayed in my current department. They aren't shocked at how much time I take off. When I informed my potential new director of my plans throughout the rest of year, she looked ill.

Uh oh! Good thing you told her upfront!

Oh good. Was the Hampton Cypress super dated? They recently did some remodeling but the pictures on the site don't indicate any face lift.​

The last time I stayed at the Hampton Inn Cypress was back in 2012 and it was up to date. I don't know what it is like today but it was an enjoyable stay for the price.

::yes:: They are! That was another reason I stayed in my current department. They aren't shocked at how much time I take off. When I informed my potential new director of my plans throughout the rest of year, she looked ill.

Yeah, this is important! When I had a day job, they didn't pay overtime, but let us take our overtime hours as vacation this was great until the new lady took over payroll and pointed out that this practice was illegal. :sad2: I was getting like six weeks of vacation each year. Then I went to a three day work week, for about five years. My final decision to quit was made when I got a new boss and she wanted me to work five days a week. I wasn't driving from Long Beach to Northridge five days a week with only three weeks of vacation.

Now I don't have to worry about it thank goodness.

I'm up to 5 weeks paid time off total. Can't wait for my 10 year (2018) to get my extra week so I'll be up to 6. Now I just need more money to travel with!

Jill in CO

Kacy hasn't decided yet! She's my friend as well as my daughter. Kody is Disney Bounding as Tinkerbell. Also each day of the trip she's going to wear a Disney themed bow. Vanessa is the human form Ursula takes.

You and Gabby have a good relationship too! You've trained her well with Disney!

Very cool. I need to Google Vanessa and she what she looks like. Kody is going too? :woohoo: You girls have a wonderful relationship. There is nothing like a healthy mother-daughter bond. :lovestruc

What days will they be at the parks?

Not Monday. They are going two days between Tues-Thursday; are you going to the parks at all? Its not fair Gabby gets to see you Monday and I don't. I'm such a baby! :p

Uh oh! Good thing you told her upfront!

I know!!!! My current boss just knows I work hard and play hard. She appreciates the work/life balance. My current boss is an LCSW and has her doctorate. I love her!​

The last time I stayed at the Hampton Inn Cypress was back in 2012 and it was up to date. I don't know what it is like today but it was an enjoyable stay for the price.

Good to hear! So glad. They are excited for the free breakfast.​

Yeah, this is important! When I had a day job, they didn't pay overtime, but let us take our overtime hours as vacation this was great until the new lady took over payroll and pointed out that this practice was illegal. :sad2: I was getting like six weeks of vacation each year. Then I went to a three day work week, for about five years. My final decision to quit was made when I got a new boss and she wanted me to work five days a week. I wasn't driving from Long Beach to Northridge five days a week with only three weeks of vacation.

Now I don't have to worry about it thank goodness.

That would be a terrible drive. Good decision. You're a lucky girl not to have to worry about this work/time off crap anymore. :dogdance: One day........pixiedust:

I'm up to 5 weeks paid time off total. Can't wait for my 10 year (2018) to get my extra week so I'll be up to 6. Now I just need more money to travel with!

Jill in CO

5 weeks is amazing! I get 4.5 weeks off a year. I don't ever work weekends, unless I choose to, and I don't have to use leave on major holidays. I won't get paid but I don't have to use leave. ;) LOL! I'm an hourly employee and prefer it that way. In mental health, it seems salaried employees burn out more often than not.

Not Monday. They are going two days between Tues-Thursday; are you going to the parks at all? Its not fair Gabby gets to see you Monday and I don't. I'm such a baby! :p

We are going Thursday afternoon for dinner and the evening parade and fireworks. Hopefully we won't have the same problem we did in December.

We are going Thursday afternoon for dinner and the evening parade and fireworks. Hopefully we won't have the same problem we did in December.

Fun! Will this be the first time seeing the new parade and fireworks? Anywhere fun for dinner? I think Paint the Night looks incredible.

Fun! Will this be the first time seeing the new parade and fireworks? Anywhere fun for dinner? I think Paint the Night looks incredible.

It will be our first seeing any of the new stuff. We haven't been out there since the birthday bash. She crashes so hard after that we have been recovering.

I am going to get my make up lamburger from the birthday! :banana: Then we will see about shopping and n possibly rides before heading to the viewing area. I just hope we can see the parade go by at the hub. I don't see why not unless I'm crazy. It goes right past.

I know that you will enjoy seeing the new Paint the Night parade. The first Paint the Night will come from IASW Plaza to MS TS while the second parade will come from MS TS to IASW Plaza.

It will be our first seeing any of the new stuff. We haven't been out there since the birthday bash. She crashes so hard after that we have been recovering.

I am going to get my make up lamburger from the birthday! :banana: Then we will see about shopping and n possibly rides before heading to the viewing area. I just hope we can see the parade go by at the hub. I don't see why not unless I'm crazy. It goes right past.

Oh yeah, I forgot you did't get your lamb burger. Michael has been working in Santa Barbara all week and said he had the best lamb burger ever for dinner one night. I might have t put that on the menu in July. I love lamb but haven't had one.

I know that you will enjoy seeing the new Paint the Night parade. The first Paint the Night will come from IASW Plaza to MS TS while the second parade will come from MS TS to IASW Plaza.

Thanks Bret. I will pas that info on to Gabby. She'll be there this week and was asking me. Do both parades happen at night? From what I've seen it's all about the lights.

Thanks Bret. I will pas that info on to Gabby. She'll be there this week and was asking me. Do both parades happen at night? From what I've seen it's all about the lights.

From what I am looking on the DL park schedule, Paint the Night will be playing at 8:50pm and 11:10pm. That is correct. The Paint the Night is a nighttime parade and it will be dark enough at 8:50pm.

Very cool. I need to Google Vanessa and she what she looks like. Kody is going too? :woohoo: You girls have a wonderful relationship. There is nothing like a healthy mother-daughter bond. :lovestruc

It's a great relationship it's a good relationship. It should be a fun trip. There's pictures of Kody's and my dresses on our pre trip report.

From what I am looking on the DL park schedule, Paint the Night will be playing at 8:50pm and 11:10pm. That is correct. The Paint the Night is a nighttime parade and it will be dark enough at 8:50pm.

Ok cool! Thanks! I figured it had to be during the dark. How long did you line up beforehand? I am scared to ask. LOL!​

It's a great relationship it's a good relationship. It should be a fun trip. There's pictures of Kody's and my dresses on our pre trip report.

I'll go check them out!

Ok cool! Thanks! I figured it had to be during the dark. How long did you line up beforehand? I am scared to ask. LOL!

I waited 2 1/2 hours for the first time and 4 hours for the second time. Those are long wait times for a spot on MS for the first Paint the Night parade. It might be a while to watch the parade but it should not be as bad like when I was there a few weeks ago.

I waited 2 1/2 hours for the first time and 4 hours for the second time. Those are long wait times for a spot on MS for the first Paint the Night parade. It might be a while to watch the parade but it should not be as bad like when I was there a few weeks ago.

Wow! That's a long wait but something I would also be willing to do for the perfect spot. Gabby just saw them with Alison and their spot was incredible.

Sorry for the delay in updates friends. Like everyone's, life just gets busier during the summer.

After our treats and a nice rest, we headed back into Disneyland! First stop, Splash to get one more ride as it was still pretty hot out.

This time, some of us wore ponchos.

Not sure if you can tell but Chloe got fairly wet.

And a few more from Critter Country and spin on Pooh.

After Pooh we hit up Haunted Mansion and POTC each, one more time. At this point it was getting dark and we were getting hungry!

A cool night shot.

We wanted to check out some of Fantasyland. I adore Fantasyland in the dark!

Sleeping Beauty's walk through.

Snow White.

And my all-time fave....Pinocchio!

Teacups were next. They are just magical at night.

I was feeling fairly indulged so I thought, why not abuse the situation? :lmao:

IASW :cloud9:

Elvis must have fallen off the surfboard.

We decided to take the train to Main St before ending our evening. WE picked it up in the ToonTown station.

We departed at the Main St station and headed back to the hotel....it was another epic day in the Disney books.

Up next, some apartment hunting........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter