• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We've got Deluxe APs but we're out of DVC points! A year of Disneyland trips- updated 6/27!

I love Fantasy and Sci Fi but Avatar, while stunning visually, is basically Fern Gully in space. It didn't do it for me. I'm more a Star Wars or Firefly girl.

Jill in CO

This is funny. I didn't get the idea from the ads that Avatar was a Sci Fi flick. I've got a lot on my plate right now. We just (like earlier this year when Agent Carter came out) decided to get on the Marvel bandwagon. We still have to see all the avenger movies, both Thor movies, iron man and we're halfway through the first season of agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. on Netflix. :faint:

Last edited:
You're welcome. Next try time the beef tacos. They're unreal!!!

We'll be there that first weekend in December too. I didn't realize that was CP weekend.​

I will definitely try the beef tacos when I go back to Super Mex one day. Maybe during the August trip I will make a stop or I might stop at California Fish Grill.

I remember that you were planning on going in early December before your AP's expire in mid December. I am considering going during the CP which I haven't done for all the years I have going to the DLR during the holiday season.

I love Fantasy and Sci Fi but Avatar, while stunning visually, is basically Fern Gully in space. It didn't do it for me. I'm more a Star Wars or Firefly girl.

Jill in CO

I LOVE Fern Gully!!! :laughing: and also Star Wars and Firefly ::yes::

I guess I'll probably watch it although my window of going to WDW is getting smaller.

Why is your window of going to WDW getting smaller? :hug:

::yes:: but cleaner and you won't get eaten by rogue lions!

I'm totally with Chloe, love all the fantasy stuff. And Sci-Fi, I love both. They're making a second and third Avatar.

It's fantastic, you've got to see it for yourself!

A second and third. OK! Its going on my to-watch list. ::yes::

Jill in CO

I liked Fern Gully. I like Star Wars too and haven't seen Firefly.​

I will definitely try the beef tacos when I go back to Super Mex one day. Maybe during the August trip I will make a stop or I might stop at California Fish Grill.

I remember that you were planning on going in early December before your AP's expire in mid December. I am considering going during the CP which I haven't done for all the years I have going to the DLR during the holiday season.

Then we will overlap!!! :woohoo: And what are your August dates? I am sure you told me but my short term memory is crap these days. :blush:

I LOVE Fern Gully!!! :laughing: and also Star Wars and Firefly ::yes::

Fern Gully was Chloe's favorite when she was little.​

Hopefully we've convinced Jenny she needs to see it at least once.

You have! Now I am kind of excited to see it as it will give Avatarland a little meaning when we're there.

Excellent!

Firefly was a fantastic Sci Fi 'space cowboy/fantasy' show ended way before its time. Awesome sets, great storyline. Ask Chloe if she's seen it, if she hasn't then I'm sure she'd enjoy it.

I love this! world conservation, fairies, shrinking people, awesome rainforest, what's not to like!​

You have! Now I am kind of excited to see it as it will give Avatarland a little meaning when we're there.

Absolutely. And if for any reason you end up not liking it, it may be possible, at least you'll know the background.​

Why is your window of going to WDW getting smaller? :hug:

Then we will overlap!!! :woohoo: And what are your August dates? I am sure you told me but my short term memory is crap these days. :blush:

I'm having health issues and I don't want to get too far from Kaiser. So, no cruise and WDW in December like originally planned. The girls and I are going for Dapper Day on September 18th in Disneyland instead.

That will be very nice if the trips in December will overlap. My dates in August are the 12th to 17th which is during the D23 Expo on the 14th to 16th.

Firefly was a fantastic Sci Fi 'space cowboy/fantasy' show ended way before its time. Awesome sets, great storyline. Ask Chloe if she's seen it, if she hasn't then I'm sure she'd enjoy it.​

I love this! world conservation, fairies, shrinking people, awesome rainforest, what's not to like!

Absolutely. And if for any reason you end up not liking it, it may be possible, at least you'll know the background.

Exactly. I just want to know the general theme and back story. It'll make the land that much more fun! :woohoo: I have yet to hate something Disney has done and I predict this won't be any different.

Chloe has seen it and liked it. ::yes::

I'm having health issues and I don't want to get too far from Kaiser. So, no cruise and WDW in December like originally planned. The girls and I are going for Dapper Day on September 18th in Disneyland instead.

I am so sorry, I had no idea. :hug: So glad you are doing a September Disneyland trip.​

That will be very nice if the trips in December will overlap. My dates in August are the 12th to 17th which is during the D23 Expo on the 14th to 16th.

I'll miss you in August by less than a week. Argh! We will be moving Gabby out there and doing Disneyland for Joshua's birthday 8/3-8/7.

Well I just met with the contractor, they will either start Saturday (moving the bookcases out) or Monday for sure. I'll sign the contract Monday and I told him about you all taking time off to move her in.

He's not doing a full reno, building cabinets or putting in granite counters, and we're only replacing the floor and tub hardware in the bathroom. No tub/shower rebuild so it should be a lot quicker than the other rehabs we have done.

Carpet, paint and light fixtures are a snap.

Well I just met with the contractor, they will either start Saturday (moving the bookcases out) or Monday for sure. I'll sign the contract Monday and I told him about you all taking time off to move her in.

He's not doing a full reno, building cabinets or putting in granite counters, and we're only replacing the floor and tub hardware in the bathroom. No tub/shower rebuild so it should be a lot quicker than the other rehabs we have done.

Carpet, paint and light fixtures are a snap.

Sweet. The kids will meet you Monday after your chiro then to give you the last app and of course they want to see inside- LOL! Let's text/chat with details. I don't want to bore everyone to tears. :blush: :p

October update:

Looks like we'll be doing a split stay (what's new?). We'll have 3 nights at the Hilton Anaheim. The one with a Starbucks, that's within walking distance. After that we will spend 3 nights at the Hampton Inn Anaheim. It's 1.32 miles away but comes with free breakfast. :woohoo: I could have stayed cheaper but really don't want to change hotels every two nights. :crazy2: I also think we will stay a night in Summerlin/Vegas on our way out to spilt up the drive. You know what that means: GRIMALDI'S Pizza!!!! :lovestruc :cloud9:

December update:

December is looking solid too. We will stay 3 nights in Summerlin/Vegas for the tournament, then we have 7 nights at the Hampton Inn in Cypress. Because we don't use ART or the hotel shuttles, it really doesn't matter if we are 1 or 5 miles away. Plus the rate is excellent and with so many trips to CA and with more planned in my head to visit Gabby, I have to go as inexpensive as possible. We didn't have any luck with the GCV which would have been my first choice. The Cypress Hampton Inn has free parking and free breakfast. I am almost making money. ;) LOL! Fuzzy Disney Math at it's finest. It's a super easy drive, just straight up Katella.

August update:

When we move Gabby out this late July/early August we have 8 nights booked at the Hampton Inn in Seal Beach. I am looking for Anaheim hotels for the last 4 nights though because once we move Gab in and get her settled, we will head to Disneyland to celebrate Joshua's 14th birthday. He is excited to be there on his actual birthday too. :woohoo:

I'll miss you in August by less than a week. Argh! We will be moving Gabby out there and doing Disneyland for Joshua's birthday 8/3-8/7.​

That would have been fun to see you there in August. But at least you will be there in December during the first weekend of the holiday season. Now if my dates will stick for that trip, it will be fun to meet you in person.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Cypress which has good rates and also full breakfast as well. Just as you said that the distance to the DLR and LB is not that far from the Hampton Inn.

Ah Starbucks! I know that's part of why Kacy picked our hotel. It has a Starbucks in it!

That would have been fun to see you there in August. But at least you will be there in December during the first weekend of the holiday season. Now if my dates will stick for that trip, it will be fun to meet you in person.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Cypress which has good rates and also full breakfast as well. Just as you said that the distance to the DLR and LB is not that far from the Hampton Inn.

Oh good. Was the Hampton Cypress super dated? They recently did some remodeling but the pictures on the site don't indicate any face lift.​

Looks like all your plans are coming together.

Corinna

::yes:: They are! That was another reason I stayed in my current department. They aren't shocked at how much time I take off. When I informed my potential new director of my plans throughout the rest of year, she looked ill.​

Ah Starbucks! I know that's part of why Kacy picked our hotel. It has a Starbucks in it!

Where are you staying? Love having an Sbux in the hotel. :woohoo:

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove.

Wow! Lots of plans! Sounds like they are coming together nicely! I love the Hampton Inn. Their "make-em-yourself" waffles are the BEST!

What about July plans? I know you said something to me about it. I'm hoping that we can get together when you're down and before we leave on our little trip.

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove.

Yay! Hyatt's are one of my favorites! :lovestruc

Wow! Lots of plans! Sounds like they are coming together nicely! I love the Hampton Inn. Their "make-em-yourself" waffles are the BEST!

What about July plans? I know you said something to me about it. I'm hoping that we can get together when you're down and before we leave on our little trip.

Of course you're on the docket! :woohoo: We briefly spoke about Disney. We'll be in the parks for two days between 7/6-7/8. Most likely we'll do the beach 7/6 and the parks 7/7 and 7/8. It doesn't make much sense to do the beach when we're on property. Just let me know which day works best for you. We need to share some Plaza Inn fried chicken and Cobb salad. I love that meal!!!

Of course you're on the docket! :woohoo: We briefly spoke about Disney. We'll be in the parks for two days between 7/6-7/8. Most likely we'll do the beach 7/6 and the parks 7/7 and 7/8. It doesn't make much sense to do the beach when we're on property. Just let me know which day works best for you. We need to share some Plaza Inn fried chicken and Cobb salad. I love that meal!!!​

Not that I don't want to but we're totally going to have to wing this one. We are driving to Cambria on the 8th and we have band on the 7th and getting Fran to pack for anything is like pulling teeth!

I see me nagging her all day to pack for the trip on Tuesday so we don't arrive there at 10PM Wednesday. Maybe beach day would be a better plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter