WDW Guide for Cognitive Disabilities including ASD

Thank you so much. Yes I've read the guide and appreciate we should all leave but am a little concerned his younger sister may never get on a ride - as she has no issues perhaps if we find its a problem we will have to split up and she can queue normally but be a shame if we can't stay together- we will live and learn I'm sure. Again thank you.

I recommend you plan FP+ for the rides his sister really wants to do, but the boy may not be able to handle.

Rules of DAS do require that the DAS holder ride. Whether or not they may allow the rest of the party to remain in line while he exits the queue could vary. I wouldn't fully count on it to always be allowed, but you can definitely explain the situation and ask at the time. If he's finding the park(s) overly stressful and impacting his sister's experience, it may be necessary to split -- someone take the boy for a snack and downtime (either in the park or back at the resort) while another adult takes the sister for some fun; swap adults on different days.

Enjoy your vacation!

Tha
I recommend you plan FP+ for the rides his sister really wants to do, but the boy may not be able to handle.

Rules of DAS do require that the DAS holder ride. Whether or not they may allow the rest of the party to remain in line while he exits the queue could vary. I wouldn't fully count on it to always be allowed, but you can definitely explain the situation and ask at the time. If he's finding the park(s) overly stressful and impacting his sister's experience, it may be necessary to split -- someone take the boy for a snack and downtime (either in the park or back at the resort) while another adult takes the sister for some fun; swap adults on different days.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you all again! We are used to splitting and giving him breaks and down time so I'm sure we'll all enjoy it but as you can imagine we usually avoid waiting situations for him when we can. He's a lovely boy and loves Disney so there will be a lot for him to enjoy. Very long time off yet but learning so much from this forum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter