Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just back from our split stay at the Swan and Dolphin, I like it that I can honestly compare them both on this trip.

Swan - this was under ds3 name. We didnt have any room requests. We were in the west wing on the 4th floor. Our view as directly of the dome of the Garden Grill. Ds said if you looked sideways you could see the Tower of Terror.
We had ordered an offsite wheelchair and we had to wait for the guy to show up as our plane got in a little earlier than expected.. Our room was not ready but we arrived early. We arrived 10 am.
During the week there was the Cracker Barrel Managers convention and one night was a high school homecoming with lots of teenagers milling around.
There were some loud voices in the hall at times after 11 pm. (not the teenagers)
Buses were fine.
One day I had a bath towel that had mold stains in them, already dried in. Kinda gross.
I like the new packaging on the shampoo. Much easier to get out of the bottle.
I asked in the gift shop about over the counter sundries and the sweet lady said they moved it to the back corner. Ds had forgotten his shaving cream but he called and they sent some up for him. I think he called housekeeping.
I prefer the east wing rooms more than the west wing rooms
I asked about the room for the last night but they said they were sold out due to the conventions

Dolphin - we were only here the last night as the Swan was sold out
The new lobby is beautiful
We saw them bringing pallets of stuff into the new Fuel place that should open soon I guess. I didnt get a peek inside.
The lobby was crazy busy. There were huge signs for a GE conference, a huge Microsoft conference that was checking in an a possible dog food conference that ds thought he saw a sign for. Probably as we kept seeing a dog walking around.
We just brought our own luggage over. When our room was not ready we dropped the bags off.. The baggage room was filled and they were using a room next to it as an overflow room. I did not think this was safe and only one guy was in it doing all the work. This was later the case when ds went to get our luggage to take to the room. He said there were five families and one guy so he just got our and didnt ask for it to be delivered to the room. This room was also wide open and unlocked. This was not an ideal setup to say the least.
Our room request here was close to the elevator. We were on the 15th floor, 2 rooms around the corner from the elevator. Perfect location. It said this was an spg preferred guest floor?
I didnt care for the bathroom here at all. It was like a small closet. Missed the double sink like the Sean. The bath towels were much thinner. I didnt care for the scent of the shampoo. After I took a shower I noticed mold on the shower. It was probably behind the one shower curtain end. This grossed me out for sure.
I also did not like that the toilet had no lid on it. I know the Swan def. had one on theirs.
The air conditioning unit was really noisy.
The ramp to the bus is pretty hard to manage with a wheelchair if you are tired.
This was also the only place we had trouble with a bus driver all week. It was to the AK. This driver needs more training. A family from England was screaming rubbish at him, another guy up front was telling him to turn right on red and we told him not to lock up the wheelchair as I was not sitting in it and all the other bus drivers just let jus told it up and hold onto it. I dont know if the Dolphin is his regular route for one of the parks but he was bad.

We ate at the Garden Grove for the character breakfast. Goofy didnt stay for a picture but all the other characters did. It took a while for our server to come to us and we already started eating as we wanted to get into the parks.

So of course as always I am partially to the Swan. Its a little more easy to navigate and a little less hustle and bustle with the convention stuff.

Plats get free continental breakfast for two and reduced resort fees. Parking is not discounted.
Just to clarify, plats may select daily continental breakfast as the welcome amenity at check-in. 500 starpoints is another welcome amenity option instead of the breakfast.

Hi,

I just booked the Swan for 6 nights in April yesterday!! I went into MDE to link the confirmation # and 4 separate room reservations come up all for the 6 nights! The strange thing is that none of them are 2 adults & 2 kids. 2 of them are for 4 adults & 2 of them are for 1 adult & 1 child. I called SPG and they are saying they cant help me as this is a Disney website glitch as their system is showing my reservation as 1 room for 6 nights for 2 adults & 2 kids! Has this happened to anyone??? Any suggestions as my 180 days opens up on Monday and I need to get this resolved! Thanks!!

I am back from 8 nights at the Swan. I stayed with extended family. We had a two bedroom executive suite and an additional resort room.

It was just fabulous. The suite was in the west wing and had four balconies. Housekeeping, the front desk staff, the concierge desk--every worker you meet is so nice, friendly and eager to help.

We ate at or got food from Garden Grove, Cabanas, The Fountain, Kimonos, and Picabu. Everything was delicious and prepared with quality ingredients.

My tip for Cabanas--if you enjoy a frozen cocktail (pina colada, for example), order it with a floater. It costs $2 and makes the drink about 100 times better.

The pools and hot tubs are wonderful, and you just can't beat the location. I want to go back and spend less time at the parks and more time hanging out at the resort. It's such a great place.

Hi Everyone!!

This is a great thread with lots of information so thank you all!! I am a Dis Veteran, however, this will be my first stay at the Swan!! I am in charge of planning a family trip for 21 of us, YIKES !!! We need about 7 rooms 3/31-4/4. Is it best to book thru Disney or directly thru Starwood, what would give us the best price?? I will then be in charge of making all our ADR's and FP's so looking to make the reservation process as seamless as possible. Thanks for any tips or idea's!

Secondly, my 12 yo nephew has Celiac and needs to eat strictly GF and my sis n law prepares all his food for him. I know they do not have microwaves in the rooms and they can use the one in Picabu's but they are really wanting one in their room, do you think the hotel will accommodate them??? Anyone travel here with Celiac and can offer any advice???

TIA!!
Andrea
I would call the resort, not book online through the Starwood site. They can quote you rates/availability, based on your requirements and available offers and options. You can also ask them about a microwave for the room. I know that the Disney resorts provide them, upon request and availability, but I'm unsure about the Swan. Your other option would be to pick up a small microwave down there; Walmart has a small one for about $30+tax. You could either take Uber over to pick one up, or order online with their two-day shipping for only $5.99, if order is under $35. If you will have a car, you can drive over to pick one up in a store. The cost is low enough, that it would not be that bad if you had to leave it behind, when checking out.

I am back from 8 nights at the Swan. I stayed with extended family. We had a two bedroom executive suite and an additional resort room.

It was just fabulous. The suite was in the west wing and had four balconies. Housekeeping, the front desk staff, the concierge desk--every worker you meet is so nice, friendly and eager to help.

We ate at or got food from Garden Grove, Cabanas, The Fountain, Kimonos, and Picabu. Everything was delicious and prepared with quality ingredients.

My tip for Cabanas--if you enjoy a frozen cocktail (pina colada, for example), order it with a floater. It costs $2 and makes the drink about 100 times better.

The pools and hot tubs are wonderful, and you just can't beat the location. I want to go back and spend less time at the parks and more time hanging out at the resort. It's such a great place.

You sure it wasn't too "non-disney themed" for you?

But seriously - on our next visit, if I can plan early enough, I might try to do Beach Club using a DVC rental, which could put it in the same relative price point as Swan, but, if there's too much of a gap, NO ISSUE staying at Swan AT ALL. Awesome place.

I'm arriving at The Swan tomorrow. When I check online, it looks like I've been upgraded to a Grand Suite with a large parlor. I am so excited. That would be great with three adults and a 2 year old. Has anyone stayed in a Grand Suite?
Thanks!

I've gotten those as upgrades before. The parlor space is quite nice; I really enjoy having a separate bedroom and parlor area.

We’re here now at The Swan. We got a Platinum member upgrade to a Grand suite with 2 queen beds, a separate huge living/dining room, two frig, and most importantly TWO baths. The resort fee is discounted a little. I was able to check in about 11:30 am. They sent up a welcome surprise for our two year old. We get two free continental breakfasts daily. So far everything is wonderful!

Just thought I'd share.. Tim & Jenn Tracker did a tour of the Swan & Dolphin on their vlog. Looks like they were invited to the grand opening of the bar at the Dolphin.

Love Tim & Jen! They're not experts, don't take themselves too seriously and just have fun!

We will be going to The Swan for one night, last day of our trip. His video got me even more excited to try this amazing Resort!!!

Question about FP+.... I don't know if the site is still glitchy (just for me) or this is a real problem...I have an upcoming stay starting Dec 16, now when I look at MDE I see my res in there- but when I try to look at FP,it only shows my the month of october, why? If I'm onsite, shouldn't it show a 60 day booking window,starting at the right day? or does it appear at 60 days only?

Question about FP+.... I don't know if the site is still glitchy (just for me) or this is a real problem...I have an upcoming stay starting Dec 16, now when I look at MDE I see my res in there- but when I try to look at FP,it only shows my the month of october, why? If I'm onsite, shouldn't it show a 60 day booking window,starting at the right day? or does it appear at 60 days only?

In my past experience the calendar hasn't even shown up for me to select the day until my 60 day window opened.

was it fixed on the MDE?
so I guess it depends on your interpretation on "fixed ".

MDE still shows all 4 ressies and 14 people!!! Crazy! What they did was put 1 family member on each ressie and now I have 10 people as "ghosts" on my friends and family list. They assigned them "Guest A" "Guest B" etc. so that is how they show up. They said all that was important is that my immediate family is there and I will be able to make ADR's without a problem. Tomorrow morning at 6 am should be interesting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter