Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are staying at the Swan for the first time this November 15th. Just one night at the tail end of our Boardwalk trip. I am really looking forward to staying at the Swan. It has always intrigued me and of course I like any resort that is within walking distance to both Epcot & DHS.

Maybe I missed it but can you book ADRs 180 days plus length if the trip when staying at the swan or dolphin?

I know some posters report 180 + 10, but I haven't been able to do it. I've had to do day by day at 180 days. Last Swan trip was in March 2016.

Agreed, at times I have been able to do the 180 + 10, but at others it has been at 180 days for each day I wanted an ADR. :confused3

Agreed, at times I have been able to do the 180 + 10, but at others it has been at 180 days for each day I wanted an ADR. :confused3

Wow, that's odd. My brother has 3 stays at the Swan in the last 2 years and always has gotten the +10 so I just assumed that's the way it was.

I was not able to get the +10 when I booked dining a few months back. I had to book day by day.

I was unable to book FP+ at 60 days last week. We have a split stay starting at Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights, then Dolphin for 5 nights. They're supposed to seemlessly link to be able to reserve FP+ for all 10 days but it didn't work for me. When I called, the CM said he thinks it was because I was technically trying to make the FP+ a day before my 60 days opened, which I was, because two of our family members in my MDE are checking in the day before us. (In this case, I should have been able to make FP+ for everyone in the family regardless of arrival days, via a grandfather-like rule that is confirmed.) And I could make FP+ for all our WL days and the first two Dolphin days, but once those first family members vacation dates end (arriving first and leaving first), I couldn't make any more FP+ for our last 3 Dolphin days. The very knowledgeable CM overrode the system and booked for me manually since it's a glitch in their system. Just wanted to make Swan/Dolphin split-stayers aware, even though this is a unique/odd booking situation; a call to Disney solved the problem.

Hi! Planning a stay at the Swan in a two Queen room and have some rollaway bed questions - first, will they allow a rollaway bed in a two Queen room? I've stayed in those rooms before and remember there not being a ton of free space. We don't mind being squished - more concerned with whether it's allowed. Also, is a rollaway bed something that we need to request in advance because they might run out of them? I've been at other hotels where there are limited numbers and it can be "competitive" to get a rollaway. Finally, will they deliver a rollaway to our room if we aren't there? Our first night is a Hallowen party night. Our flight lands at 3pm so we were planning to run by the hotel, dump our luggage and head directly to MK. It would be great if the rollaway could be delivered even if we aren't there. Thanks for any input!

We were not able to do our ADR's at 180+10. Dining was a real PIA to book. I'm glad we were not on a dining plan this trip.
Following up, my ADR window opened a few weeks ago and I didn't get 180+10 but was able to get everything I wanted anyway. I did have to use the Touring Plans reservation finder for a Garden Grill PPO breakfast but what I wanted opened up fairly quickly. Hope you get your dining sorted out!

Hi! Planning a stay at the Swan in a two Queen room and have some rollaway bed questions - first, will they allow a rollaway bed in a two Queen room? I've stayed in those rooms before and remember there not being a ton of free space. We don't mind being squished - more concerned with whether it's allowed. Also, is a rollaway bed something that we need to request in advance because they might run out of them? I've been at other hotels where there are limited numbers and it can be "competitive" to get a rollaway. Finally, will they deliver a rollaway to our room if we aren't there? Our first night is a Hallowen party night. Our flight lands at 3pm so we were planning to run by the hotel, dump our luggage and head directly to MK. It would be great if the rollaway could be delivered even if we aren't there. Thanks for any input!
I don't know the answer to some of your questions, but I do know that I saw there is a $25 charge (I think per night?) for a roll away. I wasn't sure if you were aware of that. If you use the link for concierge that someone mentioned a few posts back, you are able to make a request for a roll away, at least I saw the option when making a room request at the Dolphin.

Hi! Planning a stay at the Swan in a two Queen room and have some rollaway bed questions - first, will they allow a rollaway bed in a two Queen room? I've stayed in those rooms before and remember there not being a ton of free space. We don't mind being squished - more concerned with whether it's allowed. Also, is a rollaway bed something that we need to request in advance because they might run out of them? I've been at other hotels where there are limited numbers and it can be "competitive" to get a rollaway. Finally, will they deliver a rollaway to our room if we aren't there?

From Swan/Dolphin:

Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee. Please note that due to the size of those guest rooms that contain queen/queen beds, a Rollaway bed cannot be accommodated. Rollaway beds and cribs can be arranged by contacting guest relations or by completing the "Special Room Request" on-line form located under the Reservations button.

Hi Everyone!!

This is a great thread with lots of information so thank you all!! I am a Dis Veteran, however, this will be my first stay at the Swan!! I am in charge of planning a family trip for 21 of us, YIKES !!! We need about 7 rooms 3/31-4/4. Is it best to book thru Disney or directly thru Starwood, what would give us the best price?? I will then be in charge of making all our ADR's and FP's so looking to make the reservation process as seamless as possible. Thanks for any tips or idea's!

Secondly, my 12 yo nephew has Celiac and needs to eat strictly GF and my sis n law prepares all his food for him. I know they do not have microwaves in the rooms and they can use the one in Picabu's but they are really wanting one in their room, do you think the hotel will accommodate them??? Anyone travel here with Celiac and can offer any advice???

TIA!!
Andrea

Hi Everyone!!

This is a great thread with lots of information so thank you all!! I am a Dis Veteran, however, this will be my first stay at the Swan!! I am in charge of planning a family trip for 21 of us, YIKES !!! We need about 7 rooms 3/31-4/4. Is it best to book thru Disney or directly thru Starwood, what would give us the best price?? I will then be in charge of making all our ADR's and FP's so looking to make the reservation process as seamless as possible. Thanks for any tips or idea's!

TIA!!
Andrea

I would book through Starwood rather than Disney. The Disney site (for me anyway) didn't allow me to utilize any special offers.

I have no experience with special diets. Someone else will I'm sure. Or the dining forum might have some helpful advice.

Hi Everyone!!

Secondly, my 12 yo nephew has Celiac and needs to eat strictly GF and my sis n law prepares all his food for him. I know they do not have microwaves in the rooms and they can use the one in Picabu's but they are really wanting one in their room, do you think the hotel will accommodate them??? Anyone travel here with Celiac and can offer any advice???

TIA!!
Andrea
I would book thru Starwood but I'm going to warn you, they may not have availability. We will be at Dolphin 3/1-3/4 & when I tried to adjust my reservation online, I couldn't do it because Swan & Dolphin were 100% booked with a conference. They do lots of conferences. The best prices are thru Starwood directly. Try calling 1-888-625-4988

What Platinum benefits are offered such as parking and resort fees and complimentary breakfast?

Thanks in advance for your help.

What Platinum benefits are offered such as parking and resort fees and complimentary breakfast?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Plats get free continental breakfast for two and reduced resort fees. Parking is not discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter