Amex BlueCash Everyday (which is a free card) gives 3% cash back for online purchases. From what I’ve experienced in the past - DGC purchases on Samsclub.com should qualify. That gives you a > 10% discount when combined. I feel like any time you get over 10% - you’re doing pretty good.

Unfortunately- I didn’t remember this in time and just charged it to my fidelity visa at 2%. Still a decent spread, but a little shy of 10%
I can't say Sam's Club specifically, but I have had stores that I have purchased egift cards with the Amex Blue Cash and only got 1%. Amex gets level 3 data and if they see any type of gift card they automatically put it at 1%.

I can't say Sam's Club specifically, but I have had stores that I have purchased egift cards with the Amex Blue Cash and only got 1%. Amex gets level 3 data and if they see any type of gift card they automatically put it at 1%.

That was not my experience at all. Last year (in May) - I bought 2x$200 gift cards for $370. This is the same exact deal they have going right now (7.5% off). As you can see - I was credited with 3% rewards on the remaining balance ($370 x .03 = $11.10).

I don’t have a more recent data point, but I seriously doubt much has changed in that timeframe. Samsclub.com has always triggered as an “online merchant” for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4572.png
    IMG_4572.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 9

OK, weird one for you:

Staples.com for Disney Gift cards. I decided to do it with the 10% on Chase on the cards where I also get 5% on office supplies, so it's worth it even with the fee.

Orders placed 4/20, shipped 4/23 on two cards. Charge was pending for a few days, then just fell off of both cards. I checked the order, I'm looking at the right credit cards, but the charge just isn't there and the GCs are due in my mailbox today. Even my available balance on these cards doesn't reflect the fact that Staples should be charging me this money.

Anyone experience this with Staples.com orders? I need these to hit by 4/30 to get the 10%, so 4/20 should have been plenty of time, but now the charges have just been missing completely for 2 days...

OK, weird one for you:

Staples.com for Disney Gift cards. I decided to do it with the 10% on Chase on the cards where I also get 5% on office supplies, so it's worth it even with the fee.

Orders placed 4/20, shipped 4/23 on two cards. Charge was pending for a few days, then just fell off of both cards. I checked the order, I'm looking at the right credit cards, but the charge just isn't there and the GCs are due in my mailbox today. Even my available balance on these cards doesn't reflect the fact that Staples should be charging me this money.

Anyone experience this with Staples.com orders? I need these to hit by 4/30 to get the 10%, so 4/20 should have been plenty of time, but now the charges have just been missing completely for 2 days...
I ordered on 4/17, charged and shipped on 4/19. Offer posted back to my account yesterday. However, my issue is that the cards aren't here. They were last scanned on 4/19 but haven't been scanned since then and are "moving through the system." I'm worried that we are going to have to declare them missing and I'll have to get a refund and my reward will get clawed back too.

OK, weird one for you:

Wow, I hope it's just that you lucked out and not that they'll come back to spring on you after the offer period!

Texas Roadhouse has a deal on their gift cards where you get a $10 bonus card with purchase of a $50 card. You'll see it displayed in the top banner on their website. (Side note: their location on U.S. 192, not far from Animal Kingdom, is an excellent choice for economical off-site dining if you are able to get there.)

Receive a $20 Starbucks eGift with a $300 or more purchase of Delta Gift Cards
While supplies last or until 5/13/24 11:59pm EST, purchase USD $300 or more in Delta Gift Cards by going to http://promo.giftcards.delta.com (the “Promotional website”) starting 4/26/24 and receive a $20 Starbucks eGift with your qualifying Delta Gift Card purchase. Eligible customers will earn one bonus $20 Starbucks eGift per purchase of Delta Gift Cards at $300 or more. The customer will automatically be opted in to the promotion if shopping on the Promotional website. Bonus Starbucks eGift will be emailed to eligible purchaser separately from the Delta Gift Card, to purchaser’s email address listed at time of purchase. Starbucks eGift can be used multiple times, up to the value of $20.

Offer is subject to availability, while supplies last, and is limited to the first 7,000 purchasers during the qualifying period. This offer may be modified or terminated by Delta at any time, with or without notice. Delta may change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

OK, weird one for you:

They’ll pop us as posted soon. I think issuers will only let charges pend for so long but merchants don’t have the charge fully processed until they have fullfilled the purchase. This happens sometimes, don’t know what date they will post as of though :(

I ordered $600 in BJ's gift cards on the deal last week using a one-day online pass. I was surprised they just shipped them all together via normal USPS with no insurance. I'm glad I got them, but was worried of something happening to them!

I ordered $600 in BJ's gift cards on the deal last week using a one-day online pass. I was surprised they just shipped them all together via normal USPS with no insurance. I'm glad I got them, but was worried of something happening to them!
That's how Target shipped the $500 worth of gift cards I ordered a few weeks ago during the 10% off. Then they told me they were delivered at 11AM when my mail never comes before 4 PM. I was a bit nervous until my mail guy arrived, was worried they had come separately and were left at my front door instead of in my locked mailbox. (nope, came regular delivery)

Does anyone know if the target Birthday bonus for 5% off works on Disney gift cards? It says gift cards are excluded but I wasn’t sure if that was all gift cards or just Target ones? Was hoping to combine it with my red card discount. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the target Birthday bonus for 5% off works on Disney gift cards? It says gift cards are excluded but I wasn’t sure if that was all gift cards or just Target ones? Was hoping to combine it with my red card discount. Thanks!
All gift cards are excluded.

Starting to get back into the swing of things after visiting the Mouse in FL. DoC posted a deal to get a Sam's Club membership for $14, wonderfully convenient as SB is offering $14 back on Sam's Club memberships here. I did it, used my old info from an account I had a few years back in a hazy brain moment but it just ended up asking if I wanted to renew or open a new account with that information. I selected new account and it let me keep the discount & SB are tracking!

Intend to get some DGCs through this route and PYB with the CSR. Now to see if I remember to check on May 3 when the sale hits...

Ive always gotten 35 gallons at Smiths (Kroger) when redeeming fuel points. Today it cut me off at 25 gallons. Unsure if this is known but thought Id let everyone know. Sad because Im scrapping deals together for my trip this week and the grocery 6% Amex Blue Cash with fuel points was my last/best option. Ive emailed them to see why and I'll update the post when I hear back.
Wanted to update. They responded with no answer as to why we were cut off at 25 gallons but gave me 1000 points for the inconvenience.

Starting to get back into the swing of things after visiting the Mouse in FL. DoC posted a deal to get a Sam's Club membership for $14, wonderfully convenient as SB is offering $14 back on Sam's Club memberships here. I did it, used my old info from an account I had a few years back in a hazy brain moment but it just ended up asking if I wanted to renew or open a new account with that information. I selected new account and it let me keep the discount & SB are tracking!

Intend to get some DGCs through this route and PYB with the CSR. Now to see if I remember to check on May 3 when the sale hits...

Did you use a different name or address?

I tried using an email I hadn't used in years, but used my name and current address. Also got asked whether I wanted to renew or open a new account. I selected new account, but got another popup saying my info was associated with another account and I was not eligible for the offer :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter