The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are going to Bonnet Creek at the end of April. Does anyone know whether guests can use the pools on check in day prior to actually checking in? We will arrive in the morning.

Checking into WBC next Friday. :yay:

Although I'm super excited, I'm also going aaakkkk where did the time go!! Gotta get my you know what in gear this weekend.

So, a couple quick questions - what's the closest grocery store to get some of our supplies, alcohol, good deli for grab and go stuff? We are Canadian so not used to alcohol in grocery stores - are there separate liquor stores? Can you get the same booze (beer, hard liquor, etc.) in a grocery store as you can in a liquor store? Is it ok to bring alcohol to pool as long as it's not in glass? (In disguise in a to go mug???lol)

We are doing Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica this trip - what's the best way to get to these places in morning rush hr traffic - take the Interstate or Palm Pkway/Turkey Lake Road route?

I think from what I've read that all buildings except tower 6 have been refurbished - is that correct? I'm not too concerned about what building we will be in location wise - just hoping when we check in after 5 we score a room with a decent view!

Thanks everyone. I read some will be here the exact time we are (17th-25th). See you all there!

What's your favorite non-disney restaurant near WBC?

We always go to Sweet Tomatoes and Perkins (kids eat free on Tuesday dinner). They're not fancy but we like them. You can get there by either driving through Downtown Disney or go 1 exit on I4. They're both in the Crossroads area. There are a bunch of other restaurants on the same area: Red Lobster, TGIFridays, Chevy's, Fudruckers and more.

We are going to Bonnet Creek at the end of April. Does anyone know whether guests can use the pools on check in day prior to actually checking in? We will arrive in the morning.

Yes you can swim and there are shower/bathroom facilities at the main building pool.

Checking into WBC next Friday. :yay:

Although I'm super excited, I'm also going aaakkkk where did the time go!! Gotta get my you know what in gear this weekend.

So, a couple quick questions - what's the closest grocery store to get some of our supplies, alcohol, good deli for grab and go stuff? We are Canadian so not used to alcohol in grocery stores - are there separate liquor stores? Can you get the same booze (beer, hard liquor, etc.) in a grocery store as you can in a liquor store? Is it ok to bring alcohol to pool as long as it's not in glass? (In disguise in a to go mug???lol)

We are doing Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica this trip - what's the best way to get to these places in morning rush hr traffic - take the Interstate or Palm Pkway/Turkey Lake Road route?

I think from what I've read that all buildings except tower 6 have been refurbished - is that correct? I'm not too concerned about what building we will be in location wise - just hoping when we check in after 5 we score a room with a decent view!

Thanks everyone. I read some will be here the exact time we are (17th-25th). See you all there!

There is both Walmart and Publix stores close by. You can usually get the same alcohol in the grocery store as you can in a liquor store. They have a very good variety to chose from. You may bring liquor to the pool as long as it is in a plastic cup, no glass is allowed at the pool. Yes all buildings but 6 have been refurbished. Can't help you with the direction question:)

I am freaking out.....I booked through vacation strategy and have paid in full. We are scheduled to arrive Friday 4/10. I called WBC to confirm the reservation and they told me they have nothing in my name. It's only 4 days away, shouldn't they have me in their system at this point (the lady I spoke w/ a WBC said yes)?
I've called VS and, of course, didn't get an answer.

ETA Just got a call back from VS. She said that this does happen occassionally. She's going to resend my reservation to them and then call to confirm they received it. Once she's confirmed it she will call me back. I'm so glad that I called! What if I hadn't called and ended up arriving to no reservation! I'll update after I hear back from her.

So glad I read this...I also booked through vacation strategy.I just called to confirm my own reservation for the 16th, and nope. Nothing in my name! And I have a parcel being sent there that will probably be arriving a few days before us... I hope VS gets back to me soon, seriously don't need this kind of stress right now!

So glad I read this...I also booked through vacation strategy.I just called to confirm my own reservation for the 16th, and nope. Nothing in my name! And I have a parcel being sent there that will probably be arriving a few days before us... I hope VS gets back to me soon, seriously don't need this kind of stress right now!

Did u get it sorted out? We booked through vs as well. Called today and we are in the system for our stay on Friday thank goodness!

Did u get it sorted out? We booked through vs as well. Called today and we are in the system for our stay on Friday thank goodness!

No, haven't heard from them yet. Which sucks. They have always been quick to reply when I had any questions. No one ever picks up at the number listed, so I both emailed and left a voice message last night, and am hoping someone resolves something soon, or I will have an ulcer.:sad2:

Does Vacation Strategy send a final email confirmation? I already paid in full and arrive in 3 weeks.

So, we are going to be at BC in 6 days and I am packing! I have been following the loooove Bonnet Creek threads off and on for a year or two now but I just want to ask .... if BC provides extra "stuff" if you need it, why would you bring it? Specifically, I am thinking of dishwasher detergent and coffee filters. Is it just so you don't have to hunt them down? Our packing room is more tight than I thought it would be and I am just really trying to figure out what is necessary because I will absolutely over pack if I let myself!

So, we are going to be at BC in 6 days and I am packing! I have been following the loooove Bonnet Creek threads off and on for a year or two now but I just want to ask .... if BC provides extra "stuff" if you need it, why would you bring it? Specifically, I am thinking of dishwasher detergent and coffee filters. Is it just so you don't have to hunt them down? Our packing room is more tight than I thought it would be and I am just really trying to figure out what is necessary because I will absolutely over pack if I let myself!

Just back. There were 5 of us, so I'm sure that impacted what we needed: kitchen trash bags (only given 2 this trip), laundry detergent (again, only given 2 packets), dishwasher detergent (same), shampoo/conditioner (they sell theirs in the gift shop now, and so I'm not sure you could get more from housekeeping...didn't try). Did not need additional paper towels or coffee filters. Hint for coffee drinkers: Our middle ds is addicted to his coffee. Dh picked up some disposable coffee cups with plastic lids at the grocery. Wonderful!

Grocery store suggestion: Avoid the closest Publix (about 1 1/2 miles away) and go just a little further. (There's a Super Walmart really close to the next Publix, too.) The closest Publix does not have the best or most affordable of selections. Also, it's not very clean or friendly. I suspect this is because it is slammed with WDW visitors all the time.

Visited US/IoA 3 times this past week. Took I-4 every time. Never had any difficulty. Experimented with the different exits. The main entrance to the parking garages tends to back-up in the morning hours. I wish I could tell you which exit takes you to a small side entrance with like 3 toll booths. There was never a line here. Hopefully someone on here can advise. I meant to make a note of the exit that took us this way but didn't. Whatever you do, don't return to WBC by way of DTD. It's still absolutely CRAZY in that area.

Just back. There were 5 of us, so I'm sure that impacted what we needed: kitchen trash bags (only given 2 this trip), laundry detergent (again, only given 2 packets), dishwasher detergent (same), shampoo/conditioner (they sell theirs in the gift shop now, and so I'm not sure you could get more from housekeeping...didn't try). Did not need additional paper towels or coffee filters. Hint for coffee drinkers: Our middle ds is addicted to his coffee. Dh picked up some disposable coffee cups with plastic lids at the grocery. Wonderful!

Had you brought extras of those things or did you ask for more? (except s/c of course)

You will run out of most things they provide as they only leave about 2 of each item. We have never tried asking for more because it isn't a traditional hotel stay with maid service. I always thought that was part of keeping costs down but I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried to get additional supplies as well.

Grocery store suggestion: Avoid the closest Publix (about 1 1/2 miles away) and go just a little further. (There's a Super Walmart really close to the next Publix, too.) The closest Publix does not have the best or most affordable of selections. Also, it's not very clean or friendly. I suspect this is because it is slammed with WDW visitors all the time.
Not sure what Publix you visited, but there isn't one that close to WBC.

The Publix I always go to is this one about 4.5 miles away:

Publix at Water Tower Shoppes
Water Tower Place
29 Blake Blvd
Celebration, FL 34747

This Publix is busy -- you will also see Disney cast members shopping in there -- but it is large and brand-new. One tip to save money: Check out iheartpublix.com before you go to see what's on sale.

Sometime I go to this Super Wal-Mart, also about 4.5 miles away:

Walmart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746

It is also very busy, but the route is a bit more simple and a bit faster than Publix.

So, Tower 5 was the last one renovated - and Tower 6 will be renovated this fall.

But, was the main check-in building (which is called "Puerto de Leon" and I believe does not have a number) ever renovated? if it was, when was it renovated? How are the rooms?

Are there 3-bedroom deluxe units in this building?

Did you head anything back from them yet? Someone returned my call w/in an hour after I left a message. If you haven't heard back I'm sure you will. I know how you feel though, I was completely freaking out. It all worked out for us. We just got back today and had no problems checking in.

We just got back from WBC, had a great time and loved the resort!
Check-In We arrived at 2pm and were able to check-in. The line at the check-in desk was quite long. Probably 15 people in line in front of me. It seemed to move quickly and took about 20 minutes. One thing I noticed was that there were only 5 people working to get guests checked in, but there were 12 working at the "parking pass desks". Once I got up to the desk I had to give my drivers license and a credit card. They placed a $150 hold on the credit card for "incidentals", whatever that means. He said it would be removed from my account after about 5 days. He gave us our key cards and directed us to the "parking pass desk".

Parking Pass Desk I considered skipping the parking pass desk, but decided that I wanted to experience it, just so I could post here about it. I walked over to one of the desks and was directed around to the side where a lady was standing. I said to her "I need a parking pass, please" she asked for my drivers license (annoying that I had to show it AGAIN) and asked for everyone's name who would be staying there. She asked me three different times if I already had all of the tickets that I needed. Then she started giving me the talk about the breakfast. Every time she asked me something, my answer was basically "I am just here for the parking pass". I could tell she was getting annoyed. Finally she asked me "Have you already been to the breakfast?" I said "no and I'm not interested, I just want the parking pass" She took my parking pass and a Wyndham catalog and slammed it down on the counter. I picked it up and walked away. Sunday evening they called twice w/in 15 minutes inviting us to the breakfast or a luncheon. I'm not sure exactly what they said because my husband answered both of those times. The next day I answered when they called again. She offered a $150 gift card if we would attend. I nicely told her we weren't interested and would be checking out the next morning and she said she'd remove us from her list.

Room Tower 5, room 484 I did not request a room/view. We had a view of the parking garage. We could see some fireworks over the trees around 9:30 each night. If we had been a few floors higher we would have been able to see them really well. The room was nice and clean. Tons of space. There was an iron, but no ironing board. We had no extra toilet paper or trash bags. There were only 3 of us and we were only there 4 days, so the two rolls of toilet paper were enough, but just barely. They provided plenty of bar soap (one bar at each bathroom sink, plus a bar in each shower and one at the master tub). There was also body gel, mouthwash (which had already been opened), shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The room wasn't very sound proof. I was woken up very early each morning by a baby crying in the room next door. We also heard kids running up and down the hallway all through the night....sounded like a herd of elephants. The location was perfect. It was a very easy drive to all 4 disney parks.

I have some pictures of the room that I will post in the picture thread once I upload them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter