The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Alright. I bit the bullet and got a 2BR for my trip in May. I stayed at WBC in January thanks to a family member and fell in love. Now of course doing my own research I found the list of bed bug problems. Anything to be worried about or am I just being an over-paranoid idiot? I always make it a habit to check, cousin of mine managed to acquire them about two years ago. I don't want that hell.

Alright. I bit the bullet and got a 2BR for my trip in May. I stayed at WBC in January thanks to a family member and fell in love. Now of course doing my own research I found the list of bed bug problems. Anything to be worried about or am I just being an over-paranoid idiot? I always make it a habit to check, cousin of mine managed to acquire them about two years ago. I don't want that hell.

No reports since June of last year, see link below. You will never stay anywhere but home again if you check out all the hotels and resorts listed.
http://www.bedbugregistry.com/hotel/FL/Orlando/Wyndham-Bonnet-Creek-Resort

Checked in yesterday afternoon. Arrived around noon. Some pretty significant lines at check-in, but they moved pretty quickly. WBC employees at check-in were extremely friendly and chatty. Hung out at the main pool until our rooms were ready -- around 3. Lots and lots of other people doing the same. No lounge chairs available when we first arrived but then scored one quickly followed by two within a half hour. Resort appears very busy but still plenty of parking. We have a 3 bedroom in Tower 3 - parking lot view...again. Lots of space! Of the units we've stayed in, this is the first that hasn't "just" been refurbished...and you can tell. Trim has a fair number of dings, grout in bathrooms is not as pristine, etc.; however, it's still much better than our most recent WDW resorts. These rooms get a LOT of use! Additionally, WBC rooms remain far cleaner than any WDW resort we've visited in quite a few years. No hot water last night, but appears to be corrected today. Lines at the grills around 5:00 last night. Smelled wonderful, but we decided to go out to eat. Made the mistake of doing a big grocery shop at the closest Publix. Should have stuck to our regular at Water Tower or Water-whatever-it-is. Very busy, not too clean, not very friendly, not much selection, etc. Looking forward to another wonderful stay at WBC!

Just made a reservation and just came across the bed bug report, too. Sigh.

I am freaking out.....I booked through vacation strategy and have paid in full. We are scheduled to arrive Friday 4/10. I called WBC to confirm the reservation and they told me they have nothing in my name. It's only 4 days away, shouldn't they have me in their system at this point (the lady I spoke w/ a WBC said yes)?
I've called VS and, of course, didn't get an answer.

ETA Just got a call back from VS. She said that this does happen occassionally. She's going to resend my reservation to them and then call to confirm they received it. Once she's confirmed it she will call me back. I'm so glad that I called! What if I hadn't called and ended up arriving to no reservation! I'll update after I hear back from her.

As someone who deals with Bedbugs at work, I can tell you to relax. Check for visible sign when you get into the rooms and you should be allright. Just because someplace is on/not on the registry does not mean they will/won;t be there when you check in. The number one place to look is around the seams in the mattresses.
The most important things to remember about bedbugs is:
1. They don't carry disease
2. They don't "jump" or fly. They are lazy, they let their food come to them.
3. They don't check your bank account before they move in, and you don't get them from being dirty, they are just bugs looking for someplace to stay!

Has anyone ever rented from. Wholesale holiday rentals - Jeff Hudson on Vrbo? He has a ton of good ratings on vrbo, but I trust the DISers...

Bed bugs can be anywhere and have been at issues at hotels/cruise ships/motels/boarding homes/nursing homes etc. When I travel I always do 2 things as soon as I check in. First I check all beds for bed bugs and then I wipe everything down with Clorox.

I am freaking out.....I booked through vacation strategy and have paid in full. We are scheduled to arrive Friday 4/10. I called WBC to confirm the reservation and they told me they have nothing in my name. It's only 4 days away, shouldn't they have me in their system at this point (the lady I spoke w/ a WBC said yes)?
I've called VS and, of course, didn't get an answer.

ETA Just got a call back from VS. She said that this does happen occassionally. She's going to resend my reservation to them and then call to confirm they received it. Once she's confirmed it she will call me back. I'm so glad that I called! What if I hadn't called and ended up arriving to no reservation! I'll update after I hear back from her.

How did you make out?

How did you make out?

VS called back this afternoon. She told me that everything was now taken care of and that I could call WBC and they would have me in their system. I called and they do! Phew!!

Anyone staying at WBC that booked through a 3rd party (such as Vacation Strategy, VRBO, etc...) CALL BEFORE YOU GO AND CONFIRM THAT THEY HAVE YOU IN THEIR SYSTEM! This could have led to a very stressful beginning to our vacation! So glad I called today.

VS called back this afternoon. She told me that everything was now taken care of and that I could call WBC and they would have me in their system. I called and they do! Phew!!

Anyone staying at WBC that booked through a 3rd party (such as Vacation Strategy, VRBO, etc...) CALL BEFORE YOU GO AND CONFIRM THAT THEY HAVE YOU IN THEIR SYSTEM! This could have led to a very stressful beginning to our vacation! So glad I called today.

I always do. Even if its a reservation made through hotels.com or the hotels own website. Always better safe than sorry.

As far as the bed bugs go I'm just normally a paranoid individual. I always very carefully check as much as I can. It's mostly the worry of getting them into my home but hopefully I would notice by then. It's funny too because normally I stay at Grande Villas which seems like a place you'd be more likely to get them. Who knows. Once I'm in the parks I forget all about it!

so, in two weeks we are going back to WBC for our second stay. And, DW is following a pretty strict exercise regimen. i don't remember anything about the gyms.

The Club Wyndham website says there are two exercise rooms at the resort.

Which buildings are they in and what sort of equipment do they have?

I am guessing they are in the main reception building and Tower 6 - and I also guess there is a third in the Wyndham Grand Hotel (if so can timeshare folks use that one)?

Great news!!! After reading your post I got nervous because that was one of the issues I had with booking with them. I had called a couple days after booking with VS (Bonnet Creek) to make sure my reservation was there, and when they said no I immediately emailed VS. She said they don't officially change the owners name to yours until 7 days before your reservation!!!! When I read your post I got an 'Oh no!' feeling!!! lol thanks for following up. You made me feel better about that. SO many people use VS and honestly I feel comfortable just based on the reviews here. I didn't think they'd leave you hanging!! Have a Great trip and make sure you let us know all about it when you get back!!!!!!

Great news!!! After reading your post I got nervous because that was one of the issues I had with booking with them. I had called a couple days after booking with VS (Bonnet Creek) to make sure my reservation was there, and when they said no I immediately emailed VS. She said they don't officially change the owners name to yours until 7 days before your reservation!!!! When I read your post I got an 'Oh no!' feeling!!! lol thanks for following up. You made me feel better about that. SO many people use VS and honestly I feel comfortable just based on the reviews here. I didn't think they'd leave you hanging!! Have a Great trip and make sure you let us know all about it when you get back!!!!!!
Yeah, I was really freaking out for a while there. Feel much better now. I'll definitely post when I get back! 3 more days, I can't wait!

I was looking at some listings for WBC on vrbo and some of the prices seem so low (off season) which is great, but should I be concerned by lower prices? If all the units have the same layout and features (2 bdrm) then why such a big difference in price for the same dates? Sometimes it is over $100 difference per day. Would it depend on the location on the property or just owner's discretion to try and get more to cover their costs? This would be our first time renting from vrbo and staying at WBC so I want to makes sure I shoot myself in the foot by saving a couple of dollars.

Hi everyone! :wave: I haven't read through the entire thread so not sure if this has been answered before. I'm wanting to book a 1 or 2 bedroom for the 2nd week of June. When is the best time to book and get the best price? Thanks for any help! :disrocks:

We checked in yesterday for our first visit. Our room was not available until after 3pm, so we wandered the resort & had a pricy, (but tasty) lunch while we waited. We took a gamble and booked through Michael Sullivan at winpointVIP & have no regrets! Saved half off our original reservation & 1/4 the price of the hotel booked through Wyndham. I did call the resort directly after booking to confirm a reservation in our name. 45 days out & it was there. The room is beautiful. The grounds are beautiful. The pools are lovely. We may never go back to disney resorts. I did do a relatively thorough bedbug check, but it is something I do everywhere, no matter if I find them on the registry or not.

We will be checking in to a three bedroom next Wednesday. So excited! Will be our 4th time staying at BC.

Wondering if anyone has or knows of where the menus for Escudos Bar and Grill and La Cantina Pizza menus might be found? Just curious since we were last there two years ago.

Thanks!

I was looking at some listings for WBC on vrbo and some of the prices seem so low (off season) which is great, but should I be concerned by lower prices? If all the units have the same layout and features (2 bdrm) then why such a big difference in price for the same dates? Sometimes it is over $100 difference per day. Would it depend on the location on the property or just owner's discretion to try and get more to cover their costs? This would be our first time renting from vrbo and staying at WBC so I want to makes sure I shoot myself in the foot by saving a couple of dollars.

We have paid as little as $100/night, and we have to travel during the busier times. Some of our friends have paid far less during off-times. Of course, we're paying quite a bit more than that to be here right now, during Easter Week. Still got a very good rate compared to the AP rate we could get at WDW right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter