The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have a dinner scheduled at Planet Hollywood

I haven't been on site in a few years, but did hear on Len Testa's podcast that Planet Hollywood rated as THE LOWEST restaurant in survey responses for the 2015 edition, by a healthy margin. It might be a personal favorite of your party, but otherwise you might want to consider, well, reconsidering.

Sure! it really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. We went two nights in a row - followed the signs from Bonnet Creek (literally one right turn one left turn) and then just tried to get as close to the Cirque du Soleil site as possible and we were very successful. From the car it was a quick walk to the dock nd we took the water taxi across to the marketplace. it was pretty easy peasy!
Did the Disney Water Taxi cost anything to transport you from Cirque to the Marketplace? I saw online that it was free for Disney lodging guests with their room key, but couldn't find anything for off-site guests like WBC. Thanks!

Did the Disney Water Taxi cost anything to transport you from Cirque to the Marketplace? I saw online that it was free for Disney lodging guests with their room key, but couldn't find anything for off-site guests like WBC. Thanks!

didn't cost a thing! They have two lines -one for the guests going back to resorts like Saratoga Springs, OKW, POR etc. and one for people just crossing from one side of DTD to the other -- no one asked if we were onsite guests or not.. very nice little ride too..!

By marketplace do you mean boardwalk ? Sorry only been there once. Thanks.

By marketplace do you mean boardwalk ? Sorry only been there once. Thanks.

Hey there- no at DTD there is the West Side where Cirque and Bongos and PLanet Hollywood and House of Blues are and theres the Marketplace" side where the World of Disney Store is, Earl of Sandwich, Fultons etc. you can walk from one to the other but if you'd rather not you can take the water taxi. The Boardwalk is an entirely different location

I haven't been on site in a few years, but did hear on Len Testa's podcast that Planet Hollywood rated as THE LOWEST restaurant in survey responses for the 2015 edition, by a healthy margin. It might be a personal favorite of your party, but otherwise you might want to consider, well, reconsidering.

We always go back to Planet Hollywood because it's where my husband and I had our first date. The food doesn't have to be good, it's more for sentimental value that we go back. Thanks for the response though.

We honestly had NO problem and very little traffic. I imagin on a busy week in July its a different story, but even though it was busy we didn't have any issues finding a good parking spot

I'm hoping the traffic will be okay getting in and out of the parking lots. I found finding parking not too bad before, just had to walk a little bit further which I'm okay with. I'd rather have to walk a bit than keep circling trying to find a closer spot. Thanks for your help... much appreciated!

Would love some advice on safe options and booking WBC. I know there are a ton of legit people out there. Just would love to use someone that comes recommended from someone with a great experience. Ideally looking for 10 nights but I heart that is like booking 2 reservations. Thank you in advance!

I am a Wyndham owner and have used www.vacationupgrades.com on 2 different trips when I needed more rooms than I had points to rent. They were very reliable and reasonable priced. I highly recommend them to you.

I am headed to WBC for the first time in October and am very excited! I just booked a 5 night stay in a deluxe two bedroom for October 26 - 31 (Monday - Saturday) for $489 total, including taxes and fees, which is a little under $100 a night. I got quotes from Vacation Strategies and Tripbound and was able to leverage the lower price from Tripbound to get a better rate from Vacation Strategies, which I preferred to book with due to their more flexible cancellation policy. Vacation Strategies said they would match any price from a Better Business Bureau competitor, so keep that in mind and get quotes from multiple sources.

This summer will be our first stay at Bonnet Creek. Our previous visits we stayed onsite. How bad is the shuttle bus at Bonnet Creek? I've read people don't care for it but what is it they don't care for? We are driving to the World and my brother and his family are flying. We'll have a car with enough room for 7 but there are 9 of us so we're trying to figure out our options. Renting a car at $20-30 a day plus parking seems a bit much. I'm wondering if we have 2 people take the shuttle bus (rotating who does it each day) and the rest of us drive. We are park hoppers so that also comes into play. Another option is Uber/Taxi but that ends up being the same amount as a rental car/parking (I think). Any advice you have would be wonderful.

This summer will be our first stay at Bonnet Creek. Our previous visits we stayed onsite. How bad is the shuttle bus at Bonnet Creek? I've read people don't care for it but what is it they don't care for? We are driving to the World and my brother and his family are flying. We'll have a car with enough room for 7 but there are 9 of us so we're trying to figure out our options. Renting a car at $20-30 a day plus parking seems a bit much. I'm wondering if we have 2 people take the shuttle bus (rotating who does it each day) and the rest of us drive. We are park hoppers so that also comes into play. Another option is Uber/Taxi but that ends up being the same amount as a rental car/parking (I think). Any advice you have would be wonderful.

How about using your own car as a shuttle.

Driver drops off first group and then repeats with second group.

You would only pay for parking once and/or (drop offs are not required to pay for parking)

This leaves the option for a (I want to go to a different park day) or if someone wants to take a day off.

If it is only 2 people ... the shuttle seems like it would be best.

Last edited:

Might it work for part of your crew to be driven over to DTD where they can get into Disney transportation? And then the driver can go back to Bonnet Creek to bring the rest of the crew to the park.

Might it work for part of your crew to be driven over to DTD where they can get into Disney transportation? And then the driver can go back to Bonnet Creek to bring the rest of the crew to the park.

There are no direct buses from DTD to any of the parks. They could hop on a resort bus at DTD and eventually make it to the parks, but it would be a lot of trouble.

I think Uber is definitely a viable option. I haven't used it at Disney yet, but I use it in major metro areas frequently and love it. I just did a quick fare estimator and the price quotes from WBC to MK was $12-$16. And they were experiencing a high volume of requests at the moment I requested the quote, so that price includes what they call "surge pricing" which is higher than customary. Additionally, you can usually snag a promotion if some smartphone users in your group aren't already Uber users and they sign up via your invitation. You should be able to get some credits/free rides out of that, which would help to reduce your costs.

Why not drop off at Disney Hollywood Studio. Where they can catch a direct bus or boat to the other parks. It is very close to WBC. Or use Carribean Beach Resort & catch their bus service. I would not want to do several days in a row - gate guard might wonder why so many trips.

Vacation Strategies, which I preferred to book with due to their more flexible cancellation policy.otes from multiple sources.

:thumbsup2

Quote: Vacation Strategies said they would match any price from a Better Business Bureau competitor, so keep that in mind and get quotes from multiple sources.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
These are great ideas! Thank you. I think we might try a combination of things based on all your input. Maybe Uber a few times, Studios Drop off, Beach Club drop off, shuttle, etc.. I don't mind doing two trips but we are rope drop people so that adds about 40 minutes to the morning.

Does anybody have the current Activities schedule for this month? The one on the website is till Dec-Feb.

Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades are awesome! I've used them twice, and I've referred 5 different friends! We've all been super pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter