The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thanks bankr hope you have a great stay to. Really miss it! When you drop in to the Starbucks in the market, tell Kathy HIII Sweetie from Keith,she made my days a little brighter.

Are there resort fees or parking costs that we need to add into our budget? My MIL gifted us her points for a week, but I don't want to be surprised with fees that aren't covered by her points. Thanks!

Are there resort fees or parking costs that we need to add into our budget? My MIL gifted us her points for a week, but I don't want to be surprised with fees that aren't covered by her points. Thanks!

Hi megs1313,

There are no resort fees, and no parking fees at SVR :) . Their standard internet is free, but you do have the option for paying for more upgraded service if you need it (though we have never found we needed anything more than the free service provided).

I hope that helps! When will you be staying there? That's a wonderful gift from your MIL!

Hi megs1313,

There are no resort fees, and no parking fees at SVR :) . Their standard internet is free, but you do have the option for paying for more upgraded service if you need it (though we have never found we needed anything more than the free service provided).

I hope that helps! When will you be staying there? That's a wonderful gift from your MIL!

Thank you! We're going to be there mid-april. :)

Fairly certain that ALL of the Cascades buildings have 2BR LO's. Although the number of units varies a bit by building, AFAIK they all pretty much have at least 2 of each unit type on most floors.
Thanks! I was not sure about the Cascades section. Not all buildings in the lake section have 2 bdrm lock-offs, Only 1 building per fri/sat/sun check in day. For instance bldg 1 for a Saturday check in with a lock-off and bldg 8 for a Friday check in with a lock-off. I was wondering what my bldg option would be in Cascades.

Last edited:
It is getting close! Time to get down to business. We (DH, DS 9, DD 12, and myself) will be arriving on Friday, April 1. My brother and his family also have a condo booked for the same week. We booked through RCI and booked the Fountains b/c it is a separate listing in RCI and that ensured that our rooms would be nearer to one another. (We will also link our reservations when we complete our Diamond Lane request.) They will be celebrating my niece's 4th birthday on Sunday, April 3 and inviting my parents to visit us that day. My brother is trying to think through meals that day and was asking about grills and couldn't get specifics. When he called the resort, they said that there are charcoal and gas grills throughout the Fountains section. I know we can see them on the map but does anyone know how close the gas grills are to the pool and how readily available they are? Is there a huge wait for a grill? He doesn't want to commit to grilling if it is going to be inconvenient and cause him to miss half the party.

I know spring break is a busy season for SVR. How soon is too soon to complete Diamond Lane? Can I do it now and be done with it? Or do I really need to wait until 2 weeks prior?

We are starting to plan our days and this what we are looking at as of now:
Fri, April 1 Arrival
Sat, April 2 Universal Studios
Sun, April 3 Pool Day with family
Mon, April 4 Islands of Adventure
Tues, April 5 Pool Day then Girls Night Out with my 12 yo daughter and our friends at Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Wed, April 6 Back to Universal or IOA (probably just a partial day or with a swim/nap midday)
Thurs, April 7 Cocoa Beach with friends
Fri, April 8 Check out of SVR/ Back to Universal or IOA/ Check in to All Star Sports
Sat, April 9 Hang out at ASSP and swim then start driving home around 2 PM

Not sure about the location in Fountains area, but on our March break week last year I don't think we had more than a ten minute wait for one of the grill stations, and there were a few guests coming from other sections (mostly Cascades) to use the gas grills in Courts. This should be reduced as there are more gas grills throughout the resort now. The stations are really nice, with 3 large grills and seating in each location. If you are willing to use a charcoal grill (if still there) you should have no wait at all. I am one a very few who would go to the bother of picking up charcoal and all the other necessities.

Is the Farmers Market every week at the resort? Do you know what type of vendors are set up? Two weeks to go and super excited:yay::yay::love:pixiedust:

It has been on every week we have been there. One year they were running it twice a week.

It is actually probably more like an Artisan's Market than a Farmer's Market. There are usually about 20 vendors there, and they do seem to turn over throughout a year. There will probably be up to five food booths; prepared foods to take back for dinner, kettle corn, dip mixes, etc. They had a hot sauce vendor for a couple of years who made a "Dragon's Breath" hot sauce that was excellent. Alas, he hasn't been there for the last three. Last year there was a vendor with fresh local corn on the cob, and other veggies. Other vendors we have seen have hand made jewelry, musical instruments, hand made resort wear, etc. The main theme seems to be that none of the products sold are commercially packaged or mass produced.

42 more days !!

My sleepless nights will begin !

It's been decades since I've stayed off Disney property. I am excited about staying at SVR !!!
Can't help but read these posts over an over agin !

If you have any questions or want something checked out, just ask. Will be checking in Sunday mid-day. Finished our first 9 hours of driving, and stopped for the night at Hagerstown MD.
Thanks...I think I am all good. I am just excited . Bought pods for the washer today to pack.
We get in pretty Late at night but i still want to make a stop at a grocery before we get to the villas. For waters and snack things.
I also want the weather to be warm. My last few trips to Florida or other vacations for that matter ha been chilly ... So warm things up for me !!!
Thanks !!!

Diamond Lane question... I have a guest certificate from my MIL's RCI account. Is there a SVR reservation number that I need in order to complete Diamond Lane? I am wondering whether I need to can the resort before I fill out my request form. Thanks!

Thanks...I think I am all good. I am just excited . Bought pods for the washer today to pack.
We get in pretty Late at night but i still want to make a stop at a grocery before we get to the villas. For waters and snack things.
I also want the weather to be warm. My last few trips to Florida or other vacations for that matter ha been chilly ... So warm things up for me !!!
Thanks !!!

When we were there last year for the first week of May, the weather was ... in a word ... GLORIOUS.

Sunshine, beautifyully warm, breezy, low humidity.

I have already placed my order with Mother Nature for a repeat on the last week of April ;).

Diamond Lane question... I have a guest certificate from my MIL's RCI account. Is there a SVR reservation number that I need in order to complete Diamond Lane? I am wondering whether I need to can the resort before I fill out my request form. Thanks!
Ha! Just called SVR and found the answer to my own question. Yes, I needed to give them my name and arrival date and they gave me the reservation number. She offered to take my requests per the phone, but I told her it was just as easy for me to submit it electronically via Diamond Lane (and honestly, I wasn't prepared to give her my requests at that moment...lol!)

Diamond Lane requests submitted! My family (DH, DD12, DS9, and myself) and my brother's family have units in Fountains booked. Here is what I requested in order of preference:
1. Away from highway noise
2. Balcony is lake facing
3. Near my brother's unit
4. top floor with skylight
5. near pool

My brother (who has three children under 4 and under) requested the following:
1. Away from highway noise
2. first floor
3. As close as possible to us
4. near pool but not pool facing

I know it is really specific. I will report back and let you know how close we come to getting all of our requests.

Checking in.

We got in late last night, early this morning, a day ahead of plan. Weather for the week looking grand, temps in the high 80's for the week. MK in the plans for tomorrow.

Had a nice breakfast at Marketplace this morning, since we didn't have anything stocked up yet. The southwest breakfast wrap was excellent!

Only major Vistana change to report for certain now is that the towel cards are officially gone. I guess all us owners are a crotchety lot, and just complained too much about it!

Great late lunch today at Zimmies after a long morning of making the shopping rounds.

Time to head out and BBQ a couple of juicy steaks for dinner!

Last edited:
I have a question ??

I am just so excited about trip.
One of the things I really like about staying on property is the must do with Stacy.yes, she's annoying but I love to fall asleep to it.....??? Yea, really.
I've heard that some off property sites also have the Disney resort chanel.

So, does the SVR have it ???

Oh yes, she's there. TV comes on to that channel automatically. So your sleep machine awaits...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter